3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Hmm, that was encouraging! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/121738-hmm-encouraging.html)

WinterStarzz 08-31-2007 01:22 PM

Hmm, that was encouraging!

Yesterday, in the middle of an argument with my DH, I was informed I have a fat "butt" and tiny "boobs" (other words were used here, but I thought I would PG it for y'all). Apparently it was just said in the "heat of the moment" and he "didn't really mean it" because he was "just really mad". And hey, I say stupid things when I'm mad, too. But that was definitely the opposite of an ego boost.

I have decided to have a sense of humor about this, and not let it bug me.......too much........anymore.

So now I shall take my big butt and little boobs for a walk on this very lovely day. :dizzy:

In a bit of real good news, the scale is hovering between 303 and 305. Not exactly sure which is more accurate, because one of the little feet things on the bottom decided to melt to the floor...so now it's tippy and lopsided unless balanced with something shoved under it. But that was nice, anyhow. Finally (hopefully) lost those 2 stupid gained pounds from the past couple weeks. Now I can actually get to moving that ticker down a bit more.

Oh yeah...one more thing...someone from Michigan needs to go to the beach with me and fly a kite. :P

hellokitty81668 08-31-2007 01:25 PM

:hug:
I found a great quote from Roosevelt that might help: No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.
And it is better to have little boobs instead of a little ricky( if you know what I mean).
Congrats on loosing the weight you are doing great!!
And you are not alone, my butt is bigger than my butt, and I am proud!!!!!!

cheryl

Bouncing 08-31-2007 01:41 PM

A little ricky? Honest, RICKY? I am never going to look at that Prius ad the same way again! You know, when the critters are all saying "Ricky" and then this Prius with a license plate that says Ricky drives up, and this chewy blond stud gets out and poses.

Somewhere between snickering and howling...

WinterStarzz 08-31-2007 01:50 PM

France sounds great! Count me in, for sure. I'm going to pack my bags... *running off to bedroom with jumbo suitcase*

MugCanDoIt 08-31-2007 02:10 PM

Don't feel bad, I have the best husband in the world, but if we fight and it goes really far, he says nasty stuff to me too like that.

Bouncing 08-31-2007 02:13 PM

Can I go too? I'm at Lalique's house, looking at her and all impressed and wishing I'd been as smart as she is when I was 21. Can we take Dek too?

WinterStarzz 08-31-2007 02:14 PM

Well, see, you have the best husband in the world. So it's okay if he's a butt head sometimes, because his bestness makes up for it. Mine's just a punk in general, lol.

endlessly 08-31-2007 02:23 PM

What a jerk. Seriously. You are trying to lose the weight and calling you names is not helping.
Good men do not call their wives negative names. Even when they are mad!! I would make sure he didn't see my fat butt or my small boobs for a very long time. Not good enough for him to respect so they are not good enough for him to play with..ya know?

Schmoodle 08-31-2007 02:56 PM

Winterstarzz, I have to second endlessly. I can't imagine being called those things by someone who loves me. Of course I wasn't there, and don't know you, and so I hope it was not the way it sounds to me.
Of course, DH did notice with some dismay recently that the boobs are shrinking along with everything else. I had to remind him that long, long ago, before three kids and 100 lbs, they were B cups, and will undoubtedly go back to that size again or smaller if I lose the weight (not to mention be hanging to my bellybutton). So he can just deal with it!

WinterStarzz 08-31-2007 03:39 PM

I guess to clarify, he said those things because he *thought* I was attacking the size of his...er...parts. He is trying to quit smoking, and I figured out that he had slipped up yesterday. We have had "lying issues" going on somewhat recently (he lied to me about doing something he swore he wasn't, caught him, he confessed, now trust is a bit of a wavery thing we are trying to rebuild). So when he tried lying to me about smoking, I got mad. I told him his smoking drives me nuts because his blood pressure shoots through the roof, he is constantly lethargic, he smells terrible, and he has trouble keeping up. By "keeping up" I meant keeping up with life, keeping up at his normal pace. In his head, he heard "keeping IT up", and flipped out on me. I tried telling him he misheard, but he was already long gone. Thus, the butt/boob remark. So he had "motive", even if it was completely misheard and taken out of context, but what he said was still very insensitive...especially considering he made the comment AFTER I had clarified my statement. I guess he was just still mad. Still, no excuse. It sucked. Especially because I didn't even say "it".

stranger n my mirror 08-31-2007 03:45 PM

My husband has a tendency to say the same thing, well, about my rear but never about my boobs cause I have always been quite the opposite there. Actually, 5 yrs ago I had a reduction. I was a FF or G or something outrageous like that and had them reduced to a C cup but I think they are quickly heading towards a B. Hmmm, I may have had too much cut off. But at least they are saluting the sun!

SoulBliss 08-31-2007 03:50 PM

Being able to maintain an erection (or questioning one's ability to do so) and saying something critical abut general penis size are two different issues (and it sounds like, in reality, you brought up neither).

It sounds to me that he lashed out at you because he was experiencing static in terms of knowing his actions aren't positive and you noticed. How he responded is unacceptable.

What you were saying about his health is valid, based on a desire to see him do well, gain heath and enjoy his life and his family more. What HE said was petty, superficial and hateful. How immature. It says more about him, how he views you and his level of basic respect for you that anything else. I don't personally respect it when people resort to such low blows. :mad:

All I can do is offer a hug. :hug:

Schmoodle 08-31-2007 04:13 PM

Yes, I was angry on your behalf because it seemed like a low blow. I will cut him a little slack because he's quitting smoking and that's tough. Here's a :hug: and hope you guys can talk things out.