3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What's THAT noise??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/121435-whats-noise.html)

traci in training 08-27-2007 10:15 PM

What's THAT noise???

Here's my funny fiber story. I've been laughing about it all day - hope it give you a chuckle.

When we bought our house it had a dishwasher in it. I've never been a huge fan of dishwashers, but it was there, so hey, I used it. For the past month it's not been working very well. I told DH it was to the point where I had to wash the dishes before I ran them through the dishwasher or after. He finally got one too many dirty "clean" glasses, so we went and bought a new dishwasher on Friday. He installed it on Saturday.

So - I've been eating these Fiber One bars for breakfast (they are just the yummiest things - chewy chocolate oatmeal) and upping my fruit and veggie intake to get back on plan and eating more salads and less sandwiches to get the carbs back down and well, you can imagine what all that fiber is doing to my stomach. Extra air in there and my stomach makes the STRANGEST noises. DH and our girls don't know what to think sometimes.

So - here's the funny part - last night our youngest daughter and I were sitting in the living room watching television. She looked at me funny a couple of times and then she says, "Jeez, Mom, how many of those freakin' fiber bars did you eat today? That is LOUD!"

That's not my stomach! That's the new dishwasher!!!:rofl:

higherfaith 08-27-2007 10:46 PM

LOL thanks for the chuckle!!!

Hope20 08-27-2007 11:20 PM

That is very cute!!:dizzy:

Robin41 08-28-2007 01:12 AM

Cute story but I can't get past the fact that you aren't a fan of dishwashers. What part of less work don't you like?

Steelslady 08-28-2007 04:23 AM

:rofl: That is just priceless. Thanks for the laugh. :D

GirlyGirlSebas 08-28-2007 07:35 AM

uh huh....sure it was your dishwasher! :D

rockinrobin 08-28-2007 08:02 AM

So just how many Fiber Bars was the DISHWASHER eating then? :)

traci in training 08-28-2007 08:05 AM

have you tried those fiber bars? They are darn tasty! Actually - I've given up trying to eat one every morning because the side effects are just too extreme. Every-other-day seems to be working okay. I guess it's a good thing my stomach isn't crazy about them, because I could eat a whole box based on taste! I've also started cooking more veggies instead of eating them all raw. Cold and raw tastes better in the summer, but when you sound like a dishwasher it's time for a change.

rockinrobin 08-28-2007 08:15 AM

I love all those bar type stuff. But unfortunately for me, they just don't work. I don't find them filling enough and am not satisfied with one, so therefore I'm better off with none. :(

Cooked veggies - now that's something that satisfies me. :)

NickiB68 08-28-2007 08:16 AM

Thanks for the chuckle. I know I can relate to the 'belly noises' and that's what makes this sooo funny!

Sandi 08-28-2007 08:57 AM

:lol:

I LOVE those fiber one bars - but they are not kind to the digestive system at ALL!

Janny O 08-28-2007 09:28 AM

Too funny.....

ChristyDM 08-28-2007 09:56 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Traci, you crack me up!!! Thanks....my head is killing me today and that laughter really helped me forget about it for a few minutes.