3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   On the verge of tears (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/121357-verge-tears.html)

GirlyGirlSebas 08-27-2007 02:27 PM

Mug, why aren't you taking your medication? It really does help, but it can't do much if you arent even taking it. Trust me, I know from experience. The chemicals in your body are all out of whack. You might need to take medication forever or for a long time. That's okay. If you were a diabetic, wouldnt you take your insulin? I have a history of depression and I truly understand what you are going through. In your current condition, you can't even think straight without the medication. So, get back on it....okay?

MugCanDoIt 08-27-2007 03:10 PM

I am going to make a point to take my pill every darn day! I used to set an alarm for my bc pill, so I guess I can do that for my depression pill too. Glad to hear I am not the only one who has delt with this. Thanks all.....

dek6 08-27-2007 03:26 PM

I take paxil. but not for depression. I have alot of anxitey issues. so i know what it is like to have to take a pill everyday. but it really does help. i can not tell you the difference I feel when I take the paxil as opposed to when i forget to take it. now if i can just find a pill to make me exercise and eat healthy. lol hang in there. things will get better

CLCSC145 08-27-2007 04:45 PM

You aren't alone in your depression, Mug! I've been on Wellbutrin XL for several months and just had my dosage increased. Everyone has given you terrific advice, so I'll try not to be repetetive. I think the best thing you can do is take them regularly and if it's not working, talk to your doctor. I think the statistic is something like 40% of people put on anti-depressants aren't on the right one the first time. They all work a little differently and sometimes it's trial and error to find the right one.

Please take care of yourself. I think many of us have felt what you are feeling right now, and know that it can get better!

Lifeguard 08-27-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouncing (Post 1830693)
Mug, putting my meds under my tootbrush would never work: who the **** brushes their teeth when they're depressed?:?:

LMAO!!! This is a dirty little secret of mine that embarasses me to no end to think of. Whenever people say something along the lines of being as automatic as brushing your teeth I cringe.

I think you know you need the consistency with the meds, most of us with depression have been then. It's so hard to create consistency with things when you feel like you're just hanging on. And for me when it's going good I am so focused on getting all the things done that I couldn't when I was down the meds sometimes get forgotten.

Keep working on it - you'll get there.

MugCanDoIt 08-27-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dek6 (Post 1830903)
I take paxil. but not for depression. I have alot of anxitey issues. so i know what it is like to have to take a pill everyday. but it really does help. i can not tell you the difference I feel when I take the paxil as opposed to when i forget to take it. now if i can just find a pill to make me exercise and eat healthy. lol hang in there. things will get better

I take Paxil too. Have for 7 years now. It works wonders on anxiety and did for depression too, but I think I may need something else for depression. I definately can tell a difference in anxiety if I do not take it. I am gonna start taking it every day and go from there. What a mess!

rockinrobin 08-27-2007 06:34 PM

Aw Mug, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I'm glad to hear that you are indeed going to start taking your medication everyday - without fail. They can do wonders for you and you deserve that.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

modkittn 08-27-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MugCanDoIt (Post 1830877)
I am going to make a point to take my pill every darn day! I used to set an alarm for my bc pill, so I guess I can do that for my depression pill too. Glad to hear I am not the only one who has delt with this. Thanks all.....

I set an alarm on my cell phone to remind me to take my pills. Works every time (as long as the phone is on! :)) Hope you are feeling better soon!

NickiB68 08-27-2007 09:28 PM

I hurt my foot 4 years ago. Once all the healing was done....it stayed swollen. So the doc gave me 2 options...take an anti-seizure meds to control the swelling for about $100/month. Or take a mild anti-depressant for $5/mo. HHmmm....which to choose? LOL Of course I chose the $5/mo anti-depressant. What the heck, I thought, I've always wondered if I was depressed...just too ashamed to ask the doctor. Well....that little pill has made the BIGGEST difference in my life! My foot is still swollen, it will never be 'normal' sized again. But my attitude is sunnier. I am happier and more laid back with my kids. I am not that tense anymore. I am so glad I chose that pill!
But...I would forget if I had taken it. (I used to count the pills and try to remember which day I got them! To see if the correct # was in the bottle!) I wasn't used to taking a pill everyday. And I had to take it before bed....it makes me sleepy. I keep the bottle in the kitchen cabinet, high up, away from the kids. And my kitchen calendar is on the wall right next to the cabinet. So every night, I make my glass of water to take to bed, take my pill, and put a check mark in the corner of that day on the calendar! Its been a life saver!

Stepping Out 08-27-2007 11:12 PM

Mug..

:hug: I could have written your post! I'm so sorry you're going through a hard time right now. I'm in the process of looking for a new medication for my depression. Please keep taking your pills; and if you're not seeing any improvement, see your doctor. You're not alone in your struggles. We have a whole forum here devoted to depression and weight issues. Keep posting and keep your head high. You're an inspiration to me! :)

missy3gal 08-27-2007 11:34 PM

Oh sweetie, this is a really hard time for you but it will get better. I have some training in psychopharm, although mostly with older drugs, but I do know that you have to take these things daily for many months and sometimes longer before you can look into tapering off. Please take it daily so that your biochemistry can level off. Give your brain a chance to figure out what's going on with those meds so that you can eventually change doses or go off of them.

This isn't a "forever" thing. You won't always feel like this and you probably won't always need to take meds. It's not your fault that your body chemistry is screwed up causing you to feel depressed.

I'm new here, but I'm going to be looking for your posts. {{}}

GingerA 08-28-2007 09:33 AM

Hi Mug - I'm glad to hear that you will make an effort to take yr med every day. My doctor has recommended certain vitamins & medication for me. I was willing to take this but kept forgetting.
My solution was to get those giant 7 day pill boxes with the days of the week. I know it's usually for the elderly to remember their prescriptions. But I fill it up with my vitamins & med for the week.
Most imptly, I enter it into my diet jounal. I usually take them in the morning, but if I forget, I catch it in the afternoon when I make an entry into my diet journal (or sign onto 3FC) :)
Anyway, you have a number of suggestions on routines to help you remember. The impt thing is to figure out the routine that will work for you, And routine is very impt.
When you have yr routine figured out, you can share with us what worked for you. Hang in & keep posting!!!
Ginger

ChristyDM 08-28-2007 09:53 AM

Mug, I missed this post yesterday. I hope today is a better day for you. Let us know,ok?

:hug:

MugCanDoIt 08-28-2007 10:06 AM

Today is much better so far. Thanks everyone.