Old 09-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #106  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Yesterday was so busy, all good stuff, but really busy! Another poor planning day on my part. I did eat breakfast, but then was so busy running around I 'forgot' to eat lunch. By the time I realized I was hungry, it was late afternoon and we had plans to go out to dinner w/ friends, so I ate some fresh cut up veggies (actually, snacked on them as I was making a salad). Unfortunately, I didn't make the best choice at dinner, but by then I was SO hungry....I know, another excuse, but the good news is I only ate a small portion of it. Ugh.......I know I need to plan better--the weekends aren't usually this hectic, so at least it isn't a 'normal' thing for me to do this. Already have a healthy lunch and dinner planned so today should be MUCH better!

Rakel--Wow, I am tired just hearing about your schedule! I hope you can get something worked out soon. Good for you for staying on plan!!

Cheryl--YESSSSS! I can totally relate! I know around here all stores are having huge sales (my sister just bought a pair of plus sized denim caprs for $1.97 at JC Penny). I say, if you can, shop around a bit. I totally get wanting to wait for that next 10 pounds, BUT yo are working hard! You deserve to look fantastic! I know for me that looking and feeling ugly, ends up w/ me not trying so hard. We certainly don't want that to happen!

CC--Oh NO! I hope you can get some sleep!

Nicole--I don't like to skip breakfast either. That's not good about your friend--I hope she has contacted you! Brush off the Chinese food, don't let it guilt you into another binge! I am sure your Gran is going to love her present!

Finally it is much cooler here today! It is supposed to be low to mid-70's all week....ahhhh, that's much better! No walk today--it is raining which is MUCH needed! I *should* get myself to the gym today, but in reality it probably won't happen.

Have a great day...I'll probably be back later!

mj
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #107  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Just a note to everyone that I'll be away from the computer for most of the week. I have a seminar in Denver this week. Hopefully I can be smart while I'm away and not totally lose myself in eating out. Hope everyone has a great week. I'll be reading when I get back!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #108  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning ladies!

Back to Monday again already - yay. I'm in training all week, so have to start at 8:30 rather than my usual 7:30. I'm going to flag the gym because if I do go it'll be after 7pm by the time I get home and that's just too late given that I'm usually in bed around 8:30 on weeknights. I'm going to walk to and from work each day for the week - about 4 miles each way and it'll take me just over an hour each way, so that's not too bad.

Eating was better yesterday, although exercise wasn't fantastic - about 2 1/2 miles walked. Still today should make up for it. I spent the afternoon reading Brooke Shields' book Down Came the Rain about Post Natal Depression. Now my depression wasn't post natal, but there were sooo many times in the book where I just found myself nodding as she described the way she was feeling. Really recommended reading for anyone who's had any kind of depression in the past or is currently depressed.

CC, I hope you've managed to get some sleep. Definitely talk it over with your doctor and see what s/he recommends you do.

MJ, at least it's cooling down for you. We're at the stage where it's not too hot yet - still having some cold mornings and days don't really get much above 14 deg Celsius, but that'll change soon. Joy.

Diane, enjoy your trip and take advantage of that gym!

Take care everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #109  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

good morning everyone..
Mj5 , I am sure today will be better.
I went hiking today, 2hrs walking, up some hills, ect... that was my exercise today, and so far I am plan.
I posted on the nsv's thread, I tried on a pair of 18 pants I bought, they fit, snuggly, but they fit. I started crying I got so emotional. It feels so good, to be getting out of the 20+ pants size. Now I dont' know if I should stick with size 18 pants, or get some 16( I shouldn't get ahead of myself I know).. I don't ever , ever want to wear a size 20 ++ pants again.
I hope everyone had/has a great weekend.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:10 AM   #110  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Rhonda you are still in my thoughts, I hope things are getting better.
I had a good weekend, I haven't gone off plan, clothes are getting smaller, but the scale has decided to stall. I just have to accept this, and hope either I loose by Wednesday( official weigh in day), or wait unil next week. I will not let a plateau beat me.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #111  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I am about to eat breakfast (I will NOT let today get away from me!) and I have already started drinking water. I am going to go to the gym right after work--I need to start increasing the intensity of my cardio...now that it is cooler I will be motivated to do that! If it isn't raining, I will also take the dogs for a walk.

Diane--Hope it's a good seminar!

Nicole--I hope the training is interesting! I think it's great that you can get so much walking in! Yea, I am NOT a fan of super hot weather. I am fine, as long as it cools down at night, but it wasn't even doing that.

Cheryl--CONGRATS on the pants! I say, get a least a pair (or two) of the 16's if you can swing it....keep trying them on from time to time, before you know it they will fit perfectly!

Rhonda--How are you doing? I hope not hearing from you doesn't mean that you are having a rough time!

CC--Hope you are able to get some sleep!

Hopefully this will be a better week at work! I am taking Wednesday off...I have my annual exam at the drs in the morning, then off for a little retail therapy. Still not buying much as far as clothes go (although if I hit some super sales, I could certainly be pursuaded!), but I want to pick up some new makeup--a new color of eye shadow, I think. And maybe a piece or two of jewelry. Now that it is getting cooler I will be much more motivated to some a little extra time primping in the morning--and when I look good, I fee so much better! I am also going to make a hair appt--I want a change, but I don't know what....my hair is just past my shoulders and curly. I know I need color/hilights (starting to see some greys peeking through), but not sure about a cut. Luckily the person I go to knows me very well, so we'll come up w/ something!

I think I need to pick an 'official' weigh in day--I am leaning toward Monday since that will *hopefully* help me stay on track during the weekend. I don't know whether or not to trust my scale at home. It is down another .5, but I am really, really surprised about that.

Ok, I have rambled on and on....long enough!

mj
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote