Old 08-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #1  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Default I have to tell someone! (Big girls with BIGGER dreams)

Just as the title implies... I have to tell someone. I have a secret dream. It started by flipping through how-to-dance clips on YouTube.com (good source of exercise, stretching, yoga, etc) after a night out dancing, when I came across a few DIY dance videos by Elastic Illusions. Ever seen someone with a beaming smile? I felt like my whole body was a beaming smile. I have always fantasized about dancing, I've always wished I had been placed in ballet or jazz when I was very young so that it could be some viable career (short lived, but professional and beautiful).

I'm 200lbs and I want to be a break dancer. I haven't even said the words aloud yet. I have been practicing isolation and popping and am excited. How else can I say it? I have never been so excited to learn something physical. I have so far to go, weight loss, strength training, memorizing and practicing different moves and poses... and even the prospect I find enthralling. Since I haven't told my girlfriend, or any of my close friends, I find myself practicing moves in the kitchen or a for a few seconds before I exit a bathroom- while alone at work- or getting up a little early so to have the living room to myself so that I can practice floor work without interruption or discussion.

With that said! Does any one else dance or dream of it?
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #2  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I love to dance as well. I am hoping to do Hip Hop next year just for fun. They have an adult class near me, so it's an incentive to help me lose weight for sure.

Good luck with break dancing- it's hard work, but gives you a great workout indeed!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:26 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Another dancer here! I'm learning ballroom. And you are right--when you dance your body is one big SMILE!!!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:27 AM   #4  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

I absolutely adore dancing (ballroom). I'm waiting for my dance studio to offer Ballroom 4 classes. My 'secret' dream is to attend the ball next year, in a beautiful full gown with slippers and a dance card...ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sounds like you got bitten by the dancing bug, too! Go for it!
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:27 AM   #5  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Well...I don't dream f dancing (although I'd love to be able to dance better!) but I do dream of doing something physical...Surfing! And I know exactly how you feel, I don't want to learn to surf so I can go out on the weekends and have a good time, I want to be good, GREAT even! I want to be one of those people who is out surfing at dawn, then goes to work and gets back to surf at sunset, I want to do it all the time! So yes, I know exactly how you feel. Unfortunately I have never surfed (and have no place to learn since I live in Arizona) but I'll be moving to San Diego in a little over a year and you better believe you'll find me on the beach, first thing!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #6  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

YES YES YES. I want to learn hip hop dancing so much. I mean, at the club (not that I get to go anymore) I definitely dance but I want to learn dance routines like on So You Think You Can Dance. Like the dancing you see in music videos. That is my biggest dream.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote