Ok I am doing it, I have my old big clothes ready to go...

• I put an add on freecycle for the clothes, and have had alot of inquires. I went through my closet and added to my pile,ended up with a garbage bag of clothes, and empty drawers, I have no clothes,almost ah, but am going to wait another 15 lbs to go shopping for new things.
    I decided it is better to give them away rather keep them here and give myself permission to ruin my success. Thanks for everyone who gave me suggestions about the clothes, I really appreciated it.
    Now the clothes will find a new home .
    cheryl
  • Congrats!!!! Hope you get to go shopping for new stuff soon! (That's the best part!)

MJ
  • Excellent idea!
  • Good for you! I'm still really struggling with this. I can get rid of the stuff that was basically worn out anyway but I'm having trouble getting rid of the newer fat stuff.

Well done.
  • EXCELLENT!!!! There's no turning back and you've got the bare drawers to prove it!!! WTG.

I'll tell you this, it's GREAT fun filling those drawers and closets back up again with fabulous SMALLER clothing. I was amazed at how many more sweaters and shirts I can now fit in my dresser.

Good luck!!! Keep up the amazing work.
  • HA HA, Im on freecycle too!
  • That's what I have done with all of my clothes too! I gave away piles and piles of clothes. I had more responses from people that I could possibly even reply to. Wish I had had that many responses when I asked for clothes as I've lost weight.
  • Nobody would want my fat clothes..Shoot! I don't even want them!!.
  • That is awesome! So inspiring! I am gonna do the same! Except for the stuff I really love. I'll have that stuff taken in...
  • Get them outta there! You'll never need them again, right?
  • OK - here's kind of a cool thing. I'm starting nursing school and I need scrubs for lab and clinicals and who wants to go spend $200 on the stuff? So - DH says try ebay. I just bought a whole pile of stuff for about $30, all the same size, from a reputable seller. Turns out you can buy whole lots of clothes in about any size and description on there. I saw a lot of eight pairs of size 14 jeans and casual pants going for about $20 with shipping. Ten long sleeve button up shirts, size large, for $22. Some are name brand, some are not. Some are new, some are used. Heck of a way to get a "temporary" wardrobe for not much money. I never knew it was an option, so I just thought I'd share!
  • Quote: OK - here's kind of a cool thing. I'm starting nursing school and I need scrubs for lab and clinicals and who wants to go spend $200 on the stuff? So - DH says try ebay. I just bought a whole pile of stuff for about $30, all the same size, from a reputable seller. Turns out you can buy whole lots of clothes in about any size and description on there. I saw a lot of eight pairs of size 14 jeans and casual pants going for about $20 with shipping. Ten long sleeve button up shirts, size large, for $22. Some are name brand, some are not. Some are new, some are used. Heck of a way to get a "temporary" wardrobe for not much money. I never knew it was an option, so I just thought I'd share!
    If you have a goodwill in a upscale neighborhood, you can find some good things too. When we got here from Louisiana, we didnt have any winter things, at good will my daughter found some gap sweaters, and my husband( who is slim found lots of Ralph lauren , polo, eddie bauer things. Now plus size clothing at the goodwills here are horrible.
    cheryl
  • I have bought designer clothes at Goodwill. if you look carefully you can find brand names and new items at Goodwill, you can tell by the label if it has been washed or dry cleaned.