What's Your Ultimate Reward?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Do you have one specific reward set for yourself when you reach your ultimate goal?

I do! I'm going to learn to surf and I can't wait! I'll be moving to San Diego in 1 year and 5 months and the first thing I'm going to do is find a place to take surfing lessons. 17 months is plenty of time for me to reach my weight goal (40 lbs. to go) and tone and strengthen. I've always wanted to learn to surf and although it seems like a long way off I can't wait to start! One day soon this will be me!!

So lets here them folks...do you have any ultimate rewards for when you reach goal??
  • OK, I know this is going to sound dopey, but here goes. All along I was thinking I'd do something really cool, or buy something BIG that I really wanted. Now that I'm nearing goal, I've kinda decided that that stuff doesn't matter. I am so happy with ME, that that has turned out to be my ultimate reward. I didn't dream that I would feel this way just a year ago!
  • That sounds like a fun reward.
    I haven't thought in terms of a reward, why? I think loosing all this weight after 17 yrs will be the ultimate reward. My health will be better, I will have more energy and be able to shop for any type of clothes.
    I saw a Hello Kitty IPOD shuffle at a Sanario store maybe this will be my reward?
    cheryl
  • Skydiving.
  • Getting my wedding set resized I haven't been able to wear my rings for the past couple months because they fall off. I bought a temporary silver ring but it is already getting loose.

The other thing I'd like to do is learn how to rock climb. I'm afraid of heights so I wouldn't do too much but I'd like to be able to use my own strength to pull my body up a rock face.
  • I'm going to not drop dead from a massive coronary by age 45.

And I'm going to find out how long it takes to reach my credit limit at Nordstroms. My husband has already signed onto this.
  • If I "just" maintain what I have accomplished so far, and don't reach my goal,
    I will be happy.

In three simple words, Life is Better!

Such simple words, but SO much meaning.
  • [QUOTE=wisher;1826232] I've always wanted to learn to surf and although it seems like a long way off I can't wait to start! QUOTE]

Wisher---we must be twins!!! I've had surfing on my mind for monnnnths now, even though I go to school in chicago! but ive always noticed that surfer girls have the BEST AND TONED bodies out there! it's probably a fantastic workout all-around! I would looove to learn surfing as a way to workout and get leaner! lucky you, you'll actually be doing it...!!

leda
  • Surfing is an awesome goal! That's on my list of things to do before I die, but my ultimate reward for weight loss, in all honesty, is a boob job. I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I have had a giant chest since age 10, and I would love, for once in my life, to have a nice, reasonably-sized, well-shaped chest.

Also, there's a tattoo I want to get, but I am not waiting for a specific weight so much as the money to get that done. Though I'm planning on putting it on my upper arm, so it would be nice to have nicer looking arms before that happens.
  • I change it daily, lol. Overall, I'm just going to look and feel so much better...and that's the greatest reward of all.

Of course, I will need a LOT of new clothes.
  • Mine has long been a tattoo.

The surfing is a great one too. I am moving to Costa Rica soon & it is definitely at the top of things to do while I'm there.
  • When I started my journey, I didn't have anything specific in mind for a reward, like sky diving or a tatoo. I guess I'm just not the adventurous type. It was clothing. And yeah, I've been treating myself quite nicely in that department.

But I gotta tell you the ultimate reward is knowing that I have done all that I can on my part to prevent certain diseases, such as diabetes and heart disease. I was always worried about what I was doing to myself. Those fears are now null and void.

And every single day that I wake up in a healthy, fit and trim body is so, so, so incredibly rewarding in and of itself.

Ditto every day that I can move with ease and everyday that I am loaded with an abundance of energy. Things that didn't exist for me in the past.

Having the quality of life that I am now experiencing is more reward then anything I could have ever iasked for or imagined.
  • Pretty underwear! No more industrial white cotton for me. Not sure where to go -- do they let 58-year-olds into Victoria's Secret, or do we bring down the property values? Then I'm going to buy everything I want out of the Coldwater Creek catalog (they're too expensive for temporary clothes), and then I'm going to spend a couple for $K at Macy's. Hee. No, wait -- maybe I'll look into plastic surgery, instead. I'm sure I will need a batwingectomy, and a thigh lift, a butt lift, and a tummy tuck. That should put me nicely into long-term poverty. Oh, and a chin/jaw/neck lift. Forget the clothes, I want plastic surgery. I'll just go naked until I pay that back, and then I'll go buy clothes.

Tricia, I used to want to skydive. My best friend set the women's free-fall record maybe ten years ago, and so far as she knows, it still stands. She left skydiving for blue-water sailing competition, and we have fun comparing experiences racing from SF-Hawaii. Now I want to get back on a horse, and see if I want to get involved in horsemanship again. Sailboat racing is no longer geographically practical, so something else competitive would be fun. Equestrian endurance? Dressage? Bicycle racing? Running? So many sports, so little money...
  • I don't have anything special planned other than looking in the mirror 50 times a day and giving all my clothes to the Salvation Army and going on a shopping spree!!!!!!
  • If I can continue my exercise and dieting program for three years (so that's beyond just getting to goal for me, I have to maintain for at least one more year since I'm two years in and am just about at goal now), I'm buying a convertible. My SO thinks I am kidding about this, but I'm so not joking. I hate my car now (boring four-door Honda Civic) and I want a convertible. I picked three years because that's how long I am locked into my current gym membership; originally the idea behind the reward was just to make sure I didn't waste the gym membership.

My one-year reward was an iPod shuffle and my two-year reward is going to be a leather jacket. I don't know what the four-year reward will be.