3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 08-22-2007, 03:37 PM   #31

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

About the eating when hungry, etc.: After many years of experimentation with different diets/methods of eating, I found the system that works for me. I am practicing a combination of intuitive eating and calorie counting. I eat when I feel a little hungry. If I wait until famished, a binge is on the horizon. I have a general calorie range, and I stop when in the range. However, if my stomach is growling after eating in range, I will go over the range a little bit, in order to take care of the hunger. For me, hunger signals starvation, and physically and psychologically that is very bad for me. Overall I'm working at a calorie deficit that will lead to weight loss.

You need to find the system that works for you, and pay attention to the conditions that help you be successful, and the conditions that make it difficult to stay the course...then make a plan around the information. Everyone is different.

BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #32

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Good afternoon, ladies!

Well, so far so good!

I was up this morning and since it's my carpool week breakfast was a Slimfast Optima shake (those always stay with me so well!!! I'm not hungry for hours!).

I went to the gym and had 1 hour of water aerobics and 1/2 hour of swimming laps.

Went to town and had a banana in my purse (that's another of my lifesavers...keeping fruit in my purse) so I had that for a snack. Grabbed lunch for my husband and then did a little shopping.

Came home and had a salad for a late lunch - around 1:30. Dinner tonight will be a Subway sandwich because I have a meeting at church right at dinnertime. I hate when that happens. I really love cooking healthy foods for me and my family.

If I need another snack at some point it will be a Fuji apple or a white nectarine.

Hope you all are feeling as good as I am, today!

mj - get to they gym! You'll feel better!

Rhonda - Every morning sweetie....that's how often I have to recommit, too!

Karen - glad you've found something that you feel good about! Keep posting and letting us know how it's going.

Everyone else - Keep on keeping on!!!!

St. Patrick's Day goal - MET! Baseball Opening Day (April 2) goal - MET! Memorial Day goal - to be in the "teens" - MET! 36th Birthday goal - below 200 - MET! Labor Day goal - MET! Wedding anniversary goal - MET! Christmas goal - 175 - didn't make this one. Maintaining for now...no new goals at the moment.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #33
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I love it when a lot of people come here!!

Last night makes 3 days in a row of walking and I admit (yet again) it feels good when I'm out there. I chose the longer of two routes and was glad I did. I don't know that I've ever regretted taking the longer route, but I have felt guilty about cutting a walk short. Hmm. All good things to remind myself of when I've wavering about getting my rear out the door.

Food was on target yesterday. I tried an Amy's frozen meal that was a spinach pocket, like a hot pocket. So tasty! I love having Amy's frozen things around when I'm too lazy to cook. It makes me feel good that I know what everything on the ingredients list is and that they are organic.

Have a great day everybody - make good choices and you'll thank yourself tomorrow...
Old 08-22-2007, 04:43 PM   #34

S/C/G: 261/261/145

Height: 5'4"

I am on a business trip and trying hard to stay on plan. Tonight I'll eat in my room and have some microwave veggies with half a can of black bean soup over top. I've also got a little bag salad to finish. For snack I'll have a sf hot chocolate. Or I may go to the movies to get out of the hotel room tonight and if I do then I'll pick up some sf pudding to take with me for my treat.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #35

Wow you guys are doing really great!

I just splurged and ate a Dingdong. If it were my choice they'd be out of the house.... Anyways I have to go walk my puppy Daisy!

Karen

gentlebutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:58 PM   #36
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Karen, I'd throw them out... Sure they taste good, but no one in your house needs a Ding Dong - skinny or not, kid or not, chocoholic or not!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:31 PM   #37
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
I finally have the time to post, had a busy day today.
Bkfst was Kash go lean crunch, skim milk, and a small banana.
Lunch was these awesome baked pita chips with hummus( 250 calories)
Snack Kashi tlc bar, cup of fruit( 200 calories)
Dinner 2 smart dogs, 2 low fat whole wheat buns, sauted spinach( spinach sauted with garlic in 1 tbs of olive oil( I did not eat all the spinach it was divided into 4)
I have 400 calories still to go, might have some oatmeal with fruit or something.
I hope your day was well everyone!!
cheryl

When I am at 196 lbs I will no longer have a BMI of an obese women.
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #38
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi again!

Tricia--Thanks! I did get to the gym and of course, felt better! Tried to sneak in a walk w/ the dogs too, but it's raining.

Dinner ended up not being good....we ordered pizza. Ahhhhhhh, I sort-of restrained myself, but I know better! It was a weak moment that I let happen.

Tomorrow will be a better day!

MJ
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:43 AM   #39
Masterpiece in progress

Hi All
Rhonda: Where are you girl? Is everything ok?
MJ: We all slip up with food, you will do better today!

Today is another day I wake up and exercise is the problem ! I am sitting here knowing I have to exercise @ 8 am, but feel so tired and drained.
I usually have to push myself to exercise, and that is my biggest problem.
Bkfst : Kashi go lean crunch with skim milk and a banana
Lunch: Morning star black bean burger with hummus
Dinner: Either fish baked with tortillas, or Spaghetti squash with feta cheese and sauce. ( I haven't made up my mind yet)
Snacks: Kashi tlc bar, Fat free yogurt, fruit.
I will do this today!!!!
cheryl

Old 08-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #40
mj5

Good Morning! New day, fresh start! Last night I found out my sister has started nutrisystem--so now it is on! Maybe a little friendly competition will get my butt moving!

Cheryl--Hope you were able to push yourself to exercise! I wish I could get up early enough to do it in the am, but it just doesn't work for me. Thanks! I get so frustrated because it seems like I do well w/ food, but slack on exercise OR I don't eat that well, but am exercising....I know that they go hand in hand!!! But like I said, new day, fresh start!

So far so good! LOL! It's only 9:30am, but I ate breakfast--I packed my lunch, and we are having chicken and salad for dinner--probably some roasted veggies too. I am going straight to the gym after work--tonight is just cardio.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

MJ
Old 08-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #41
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

So, Hubby and I went shopping for curtains yesterday and decided to eat dinner. No, I didnt stay on-plan and I am paying for it today. I have the worst acid stomach. The thought of eating anything today just makes me feel queasy....so, looks like I'm back on-plan. Seriously, I am back on-plan. I can't keep doing this to myself and the alternative is just not acceptable to me anymore. I don't want to be fat anymore.

Today, I be drinking tons of water as my feet are very swollen. Not sure when I'll feel like eating, but it will be Southbeach foods only. No exercise as I fell and hurt my knee yesterday....not badly, just bruising which should heal in a couple of days. Its really not too late to possibly post a loss on Monday's weigh-in, so I'm going for it!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

"Live the life you've always imagined." Henry David Thoreau

GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #42

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Good morning, accountability partners!

Today started off on a bad note. My "run" alarm went off this morning and I did NOT want to do it...so I shut it off and went back to sleep. By the time I got the kids to school I was mad at myself so I did my run then...but it was HOT and SUNNY and NOT FUN! Maybe I'll remember this next time I'm tempted to shut off the alarm!

I've had my Slimfast shake this morning and I'll have some fruit for a snack. Who knows what lunch will be. I'm guess spaghetti squash sauteed with some vegetables of some sort.

My women's retreat team meeting is tonight so dinner will be on the go (again). I'm going to order pizza for my kids and then try to get to town in time to grab something healthy for me. I'm thinking Chili's Guiltless Salmon in a take out order will be just PERFECT! I haven't had salmon this week and I usually try to have it twice a week. It's such a GREAT food for us!

Snack on the way home will either be a protein bar or a yogurt. I'll have to have something, I think, because dinner will be before 5:00 and not eating again until breakfast could be a recipe for a disaster.

mj - competition (friendly) is such a great motivator! I'll be eager to hear how nutrisystem compares to plain old healthy habits. Keep us posted!

Rhonda - you haven't failed...you're still here and still determined! I just wish I had some words for you. Sometimes I feel really guilty because I feel like I'm getting off easy on this journey...and I see some people that I truly care about struggle and it just makes me wish I could help. Let me know if there is anything I could do, ok?

butterfly - get rid of the Ding-Dongs! They're just poison for you and your family. If you're going to splurge you could find MUCH better options!

schmoodle - business trips are hard! I remember those days! Keep your nose to the grindstone!!! You can make it through.

cheryl - so...have you exercised yet? Seems like it's the problem to have, today!

CC - I just LOVE the Amy's stuff as well!!! Her Indian foods are fabulous!

Have a great day, ladies!

St. Patrick's Day goal - MET! Baseball Opening Day (April 2) goal - MET! Memorial Day goal - to be in the "teens" - MET! 36th Birthday goal - below 200 - MET! Labor Day goal - MET! Wedding anniversary goal - MET! Christmas goal - 175 - didn't make this one. Maintaining for now...no new goals at the moment.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:17 PM   #43
Masterpiece in progress

Yep I exercised, didn't want to at first, but did 40 minutes on the elliptical with resistance, and my 14 minutes of general exercises. Tonight I will be lifting some free weights, and may go out for a walk with my daughter , around the neighborhood.
So I didn't give up, I know tomorrow will be better for you Tricia, and Rhonda I am glad you are ok, I know you can do this!!! To tell the truth, I have always loved your attitude and you have made my bad days good, so I know you will get over this slump and get back on track, I am sorry you injured yourself, do you lift weights? Maybe you can sit and lift some weights?
Good luck on the rest of the day everyone!!
cheryl

Old 08-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #44
Diane

S/C/G: 294/269/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm doing pretty good. I got up on time and went walking. It feels so good to do that, I don't know why it is such a struggle to get out the door. Lazy!!
I'm going out to lunch today, so I'll have to be careful.
Good luck to everyone!
Old 08-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #45
mj5

Hi again! Ahhh, almost time to go home--well, not really--almost time to leave work and go to the gym! then the grocery store, then home!

Rhonda--I felt the same way after the pizza last night! Ick! I hope your knee feels better soon.
Tricia--I don't know a lot about nutrisystem (yet), but from what she was telling me last night, I didn't like the sounds of it. I'm not big on pre-packaged food to begin w/, but if it works for her that's great! She also said that so far some of it has been really gross. I'll be seeing her next weekend, so I will get more info from her.
Cheryl--Yea for the exercise!
Diane--I SO hear you! I don't know why it is such a struggle to exercise....it feels so good afterwards!

I probably won't check back until tomorrow--hope everyone has a great night!

MJ