3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 08-21-2007, 03:26 PM   #16
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Honestly, I am really struggling with my committment right now. I'm back to the same ole question, "can I do this for life." Ouch! I don't want to, but there really is no alternative. I know that, now I just need to make myself behave and do what needs to be done. Easier said than done. I've been feeling a little depressed and anxious for the last week. I think my body is just adjusting to being back on the hormones again. I'll make it...I'm not giving up.
Rhonda I understand what you are feeling. I think this feeling was my motivation for make over food.
I sometimes feel so tired of planning food, and bored with the food, that I start thinking of my favorite foods. Like you said this is for life, and it is scary. I plan our family menu's for the week, and I have to buy extra food, for my menu, it is not helping my budget. Then I think of going back to the size 26 pants, pain in my feet and back, my feet being so swollen I couldn't fit in a size 11 sneaker. I know it is hard for me now, but one day I will be able to do this without a blink of the eye and plus there is the benefits of having a hot sexy body
cheryl

When I am at 196 lbs I will no longer have a BMI of an obese women.
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #17

Is it okay if I join in y'all?

gentlebutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #18
Diane

S/C/G: 294/268.4/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey Rhonda, I already "talked" to you in another thread about staying the course. I mentioned that with the great attitude you have had and how great your losses have been, that you have been on my mind. A "nagging" thought that I need to get back on track. I haven't even posted on this accountability thread because I have been not so good and I didn't really have anything good to post! But this week has been much better and I think I'm firmly back on track. You have to stay with me!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #19
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome, Gentlebutterfly! Of course you are welcome.

To Rhonda, Cheryl, and Diane - Oh my do I understand the feeling of not knowing if I can do this for the rest of my life. And those are the things we should come here to post about. It's the accountability thread, not the post only if you're successful thread! I'm coming out of a two week funk of gargantuan proportions. I gave up exercising entirely, and was marginal at best on my food choices. The only saving grace was that I was too depressed to go to the store and get binge food. My doctor raised my anti-depressive dosage yesterday when I had a little meltdown in her office. I think just letting my feelings all hang out and having her validate them made me feel better. So today was pretty good. I hope the increase in meds helps a little too.

But there are moments where I have been reduced to tears wondering how I ended up here to start with and how I am ever going to get myself out of this mess for good. It's overwhelming, so I'm not looking farther than a step or two ahead. That's all I can handle right now. But luckily, that's enough for now. Hang in there everybody, there are high points and low points in this. The goal is to hang on for dear life through the low points - even when it means hanging on to our fellow 3FCers.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:56 PM   #20

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Hey C.C. I'm sorry to hear about your "meltdown". It reminded me of something you might want to ask your Dr. about. I've read about it a lot, lately.

Your fat cells store many things - some of which include medications you have taken. As you lose weight and those fat cells shrink they release what they're storing. Apparently as those old medications are released they can create havoc on your emotions! You can even get to the point of overdose levels in your body because of this.

Also, I've noticed that as I've lost weight my hormone fluctuations affect me MUCH more. I think my body is still producing a hormone level for a much higher body weight. I don't know if that's a reasonable assumption or not but I do intend on asking my Dr about it next time I'm there.

Just a couple of things you might want to talk to your own Dr about.

Gentlebutterfly - Glad you're here!

St. Patrick's Day goal - MET! Baseball Opening Day (April 2) goal - MET! Memorial Day goal - to be in the "teens" - MET! 36th Birthday goal - below 200 - MET! Labor Day goal - MET! Wedding anniversary goal - MET! Christmas goal - 175 - didn't make this one. Maintaining for now...no new goals at the moment.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #21

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

OK...
just dropping in to put it down...I made it to the gym...Michele called, we made a plan and followed through. I didn't do too much, it's been like 6 weeks since I was there and I'm a firm believer of working into an exercise program so you don't hurt yourself and with taking 6 weeks off I need to build up again. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical then 20 minutes of fast walking on an incline on the treadmill. My right hip and shoulder are hurting a bit...the hip started way back during a jog and then my whole right side was wrenched in the car accident so I'm sure that is what it is from. Food was all on plan today too.

Thank goodness there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It felt so good to work out. We've got plans to go again tomorrow night and I'm gonna bust out my yoga tape in the morning to try to stretch these lazy muscles as I'm sure I'll be a bit sore.

Oh and Rhonda...you just rule. Stay the course sweetie, one foot at a time, I believe in you!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:13 PM   #22
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
Hey C.C. I'm sorry to hear about your "meltdown". It reminded me of something you might want to ask your Dr. about. I've read about it a lot, lately.

Your fat cells store many things - some of which include medications you have taken. As you lose weight and those fat cells shrink they release what they're storing. Apparently as those old medications are released they can create havoc on your emotions! You can even get to the point of overdose levels in your body because of this.

Also, I've noticed that as I've lost weight my hormone fluctuations affect me MUCH more. I think my body is still producing a hormone level for a much higher body weight. I don't know if that's a reasonable assumption or not but I do intend on asking my Dr about it next time I'm there.

Just a couple of things you might want to talk to your own Dr about.
Thank you so much for the information, Tricia!! I hadn't heard that before so I will definitely ask her about it when I go back in two weeks. Do you think also that sometimes just the fact that we aren't stuffing down feelings with food anymore can lead to rollercoaster emotions? I was wondering if this is just a lot of change and change can be stressful and emotional.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:05 AM   #23

Hello y'all!

I'm Karen! I have about 120 pounds to loose and I'm starting over. I started yesterday and so far so good(yes I know only two days). I play tennis once a week and I might start a yoga class. Other then that I walk my two dogs every once in awhile and play with them outside.

I have a quick question: If your supposed to eat 5-6 small meals a day, what if your not hungry? Should I only eat when I'm hungry? Or should I just always eat my little meals no matter what?

Thanks,

Karen

Old 08-22-2007, 07:43 AM   #24

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Hi Karen. Don't "no big deal" two days. We do this one day at a time! You're already doing great!

I had that same question about all the meals and what if I wasn't hungry. The answer that most people gave...and the one I went with...was that I got fat by trying to eat when I was hungry. Intuitive eating doesn't work for me right now. So I eat small meals and snacks spread throughout the day. I've discovered something in doing that. Hunger does VERY bad things to me. If I wait until I'm hungry, I overeat. Every single time. For me, at this point, I have to avoid hunger at all costs. Once I'm at goal I may be able to work on that.

St. Patrick's Day goal - MET! Baseball Opening Day (April 2) goal - MET! Memorial Day goal - to be in the "teens" - MET! 36th Birthday goal - below 200 - MET! Labor Day goal - MET! Wedding anniversary goal - MET! Christmas goal - 175 - didn't make this one. Maintaining for now...no new goals at the moment.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:24 AM   #25
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone! Hope you are having a great on-plan day.

Karen - Welcome...so glad you decided to join us. Regarding the eating when hungry....that doesnt work very well for me. After years of eating for all reasons other than true hunger, I can no longer trust my body. Eating small meals and snacks every 2-3 hours works very well for me.

Cheryl - 4 pounds lost..... That is awesome! Save a place for me in the 220's.

Sunshine - So glad you made it to the gym yesterday. Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor about your shoulder? My husband was in a car accident 4 years ago and his shoulder got messed up, too...something about the shoulder harness of the seatbelt. The chiropractor really did help.

Diane - I'm not going anywhere! I'm so glad you've decided to hang in here, too. BTW, they say that everyone has a twin somewhere in the world. I'm not sure if we look alike, but we sure seem to be a lot alike!

Tricia - Our fat cells do store a lot of things other than fat. One of the things these cells store is estrogen. When you lose weight, the body releases this extra estrogen which can cause mood swings and depression...along with water retention. Add this to my hormone therapy and its sometimes a constant battle to get them balanced and get myself normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
Do you think also that sometimes just the fact that we aren't stuffing down feelings with food anymore can lead to rollercoaster emotions?
CC - its great that you saw the doctor yesterday and got your medication adjusted. I've battled depression for years and know how difficult it can be. Personally, I know that being on-plan does sometimes make my emotions rage out-of-control. When I'm feeling stressed, anxious, bored, lonely, angry and depressed, etc etc, I can no longer turn to my starchy sugary food as I've done all my life. I'm trying to learn new ways of handling these emotions, but telling myself 'No' with the foods causes stress of its own.

Last night, my stomach was very very unhappy with the way I've been eating and I was able to get a lot of exercise by running for the bathroom!(sorry if TMI!) The scales are also very unhappy with me. Well, I learned my lesson and I'm back on-plan today. I'm learning that committment is something I have to re-new each and every day. Hopefully, one day, this will all become natural to me.

"Live the life you've always imagined." Henry David Thoreau

GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #26
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi Karen,
I guess everyone is different. I eat very low cal meals so I am always hungry at snack time. Find what works for you and follow it. Welcome to the group , I am sure you will do fine.
Today I am splitting up my exercise, I have to get out before 9, so I did 37 minutes on the elliptical, and half of my general exercises. I wil do the rest of my general exercises and my weight lifting tonight.
I will post food choices later on. Have a good day. Cheryl

When I am at 196 lbs I will no longer have a BMI of an obese women.
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:12 AM   #27
Diane

S/C/G: 294/268.4/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey all. I have been doing pretty good. I overslept this morning, so I wasn't able to walk, so I'm hoping I can get some exercise in tonight. There isn't any football practice for my son, so a little less hectic schedule. I think I can get it in!!!

Rhonda - In looking at your picture, our hair color is similar although mine is a little longer. (My real color is dark brown with lots of gray coming in, but I have an excellent hair stylist who give me much better color!!!) I wear glasses (since turning 40). But you are MUCH thinner! I'll keep trying to catch up to you!

Tricia, good point about if you wait until you are hungry, then you overeat. That's true. It is harder to be in control if you wait too long!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #28

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning again!
I haven't been to a chiropractor in years. I have considered it....It doesn't help that on top of the accident stressing out the hip and shoulder that I have joint issues to start with....I have some bone/joint deterioration going on in some places, my right shoulder is by far the worst. I know I should see some sort of doctor but alas I'm vastly stubborn avoid it like the plague....I just never get good news any time I go to a doctor. I'm gonna hope that getting back into my regular exercise plan will help me ease the discomfort. Then if that doesn't work I suppose I can go see someone...I'll have to see if chiropractors are covered under my insurance...definitely something to look into!

As for today, so far so good, still on plan...it's only 10am...but that's ok. I have no major meetings today...just a big list to plow through at work, but hey...the office is like a ghost town so that means I can flip on some tunes and dig in...when the dragon lady isn't here driving me nuts I actually rather love my job and have good Chi while I'm here.
It's kinda cool here today so I'm going with some soup and a wrap for lunch....healthy choice soup & and a home made wrap, wheat with tuna, pickles, lettuce & tomato (hold any sort of mayo products). I'll be hitting the gym again tonight with Michele...starting slow still but I know that after a week or so I'll feel really good. Word on the street is that I'll also be getting my car back next week so I'll be back to freedom of being able to go work out on my own schedule...mmmmm 5am here I come

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #29
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Sunshine--Hope your 'excellent Chi' continues! Yea for getting to the gym!

CC--Mmm, strawberries, that sounds yummy! That's awesome that you are walking again! Sorry to hear about your meltdown, but I am glad that your doctor was able to validate your feelings--that is SO important! I agree, I think changes (even when the are good ones) cause stress and when we are no longer turning to food....we have to find a different way to mange the feelings--much easier said than done, at least for me!

Rhonda--I was worried that since we hadn't heard much from you that something was up. You CAN do this. We are all here to support you and are in this together! I try to remember to start each morning w/ a positive statement about myself--sometimes it's really hard, depending on how I feel!

Karen-- Welcome! You are off to a great start! I struggle daily w/ making healthy choices and getting to the gym (some days are easier than others)--so two days in a row is great!

Confession time....I did not go to the gym last night. I had some staffing issues at work and needed to make sure the person covering the evening shift had clear instructions. I know, I know, not a good reason...but I had my new mp3 player waiting for me at home--still not a good reason! The good news is, I took the dogs for a nice long walk. The better news is--I AM going to the gym tonight, right after work--new mp3 player all set and ready to go for my workout tonight! I have a healthy dinner planned and we are sticking to it.

Today at work we are cleaning and I wore jeans...NOT happy, squeezing into a pair of jeans that should have easily fit. All the more reason to step up the exercise, increase water, and really watch what I am eating more closely!
MJ

I really want to do this....not just go through the motions!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #30

Well I thought I'd post again.

Thankyou for all the warm welcomes! I'm definetly going to listen to what my body needs and I'm going to start by only eating when I'm hungry and try that. I ate an okay breakfast this morning: 2 Eggo waffles and two peices of ham lunch meat=330 calories. Not as low as I want but I guess it's take time to adjust.

I'm going to walk both of my dogs today and then go to the gym and use the elyptical for a bit...

Thanks y'all!

I'll check back in tonight!

Karen.