Old 08-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 297/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I say you go to the party with a new outfit and hair done. See the "current" girlfriend so you know your competition. Then while he is away, continue your dieting and exercise. Blow him away when he comes back.
cara1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #17  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Lalique, I hope you do go and have a great time! Know that we're all behind you and cheering for you
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:21 AM   #18  

I chicked out.

I didn't want to go by myself. So I asked my best friend to go with me. She said she would (even though she is really busy trying to get ready for a garage sale tomorrow, and to move next week), but she said she'd go with me for a half hour or so... So I thought that would be great. I went home and gussied myself up, and went back to her house to wait.... and wait.... and wait.... She came up with one excuse after another, and next thing I know its was after 8pm... (the party started at 7).. So I got kinda mad
So I decided to go myself.

I got close to it, where I could see everyone but they couldn't see me.
I saw him. He was smiling and laughing, and having a great time. I just watched for a while. And for some reason I started crying like crazy. I don't know why. This is like the end of a era... 2 1/2 years, and its coming to an end. I had plenty of chances to tell him how I felt over the last years, but was too scared to.

Then I saw the girlfriend.
That was a total shock! A tall, skinny, blonde, with nice boobs. (Which is totally not like him, all his girlfriends in the past haven't been all that great looking, in fact 2 of them were fairly overweight, I guess that was part of the reason I thought I might actually stand a chance with him, if I could just work up enough nerve)..

I don't know why, but I totally chicken out. And drove away.
I asked my friend later why she didn't want to go. She knows the girl he's dating, and is not happy about it. She's so mad at him, she doesn't even want to see him... Which I don't completely understand... But I guess. Whatever.

Now I'm so sorry I didn't just get out of my car. Even if it was just to say "Hey! Just wanted to stop by and tell you good luck!" - because thats all I really wanted to say to him. Just to let him know I care enough to stop by and wish him well...

I was crying so hard I just couldn't........

:
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:14 AM   #19  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

You still have a chance to say "good luck" and wish him well. Call him and tell him you are sorry you missed his party, but you just wanted to let him know you wish him well in the Army and that he's got a pen pal if he wants to keep up on what's happening at home.

Forget about the romance. Start with being his FRIEND. You may not ever fall in love with each other, but it is absolutely within your power to make him a friend for life. So do it!

Last edited by CLCSC145; 08-18-2007 at 03:28 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:43 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

CL, I absolutely agree.
Life is full of unexpected things, besides one can never have too many friends.

Do this, when someone is going away everything becomes touching.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #21  

Well I talked to his sister, she called me for some reason I have no idea... And was rambling on for hours about random stuff... Finally right before we hung up, I told her that I was late getting home from school, and completely spaced out about "his" party, but to please tell him I'm sorry for missing it, and good luck. She promised to tell him.

I'm planning on getting his address from his sister or mom, so I can write to him while he's away. I'll just surprise him with a letter. I'm sure he won't mind hearing from his "Friends back home"
Old 08-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #22  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Lalique, I'm sorry this was so hard for you. Although at the same time, I think that if it was a learning experience for you, then as hard as it was, these experiences are always valuable

I think there is a lot of wisdom in CLCSC145's post
I'm proud of you for taking the step to speak with his sister and planning to ask for his address, way to go girl!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:19 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulone View Post
Lalique, I'm sorry this was so hard for you. Although at the same time, I think that if it was a learning experience for you, then as hard as it was, these experiences are always valuable

I think there is a lot of wisdom in CLCSC145's post
I'm proud of you for taking the step to speak with his sister and planning to ask for his address, way to go girl!

Yeah, I met his sister before I met him, and became quite good friends with her. I also know his mom pretty well, she always stops me in the halls to ask how I'm doing and tell me "You look great!" (I have no clue where that comes from, half the time when she see's me I'm hard at work, pouring sweat, and look like crap) and ask how schools going... So I'm fairly sure that as long as nothing happens to him while he's away doing whatever he's gonna do, I'll see him in 5 months when he returns. Maybe by then I can lose some weight, and give myself a new-found self-confidence. By then maybe through some letters we may re-build the friendship we had years ago when we were teenagers. Who knows, he might look at me in a different light. Even if we never develope a romantic relationship, at least I'll have the satifaction (spelling?) of making him look at me and think 'wow'