Jennelle Leigh
Old 12-28-2001, 11:17 PM   #2  

Default Bumpin' up to top

Bumping up to top
Old 12-29-2001, 01:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/206/199(first goal)

Height: 5 '7"

Default Hi Everyone!

Welcome, Cindy and Stefani glad that you are joining us. the more the merrier.

Jennelle..there is a place to chat on this site, you can be in a private room or open room, and you can talk with one or many. I think it would be a great idea for us to get together sometime and chitter chatter with one another at the same time.

There is only 4 more days until the New Year..Is everyone getting ready? Everyone seems to be really positive and motivated to start sheding those pounds. I have no doubt that we will be able to achieve our personal goals that we have set with the support from each other.

Lorelei..I hope you are feeling better soon, its no fun being sickly.

Barbara Ann
Old 12-29-2001, 11:36 AM   #4  

Default Hi Everyone!

Hi!

Barbara Ann, thanks for the info. about chat .... I have been meaning to go check it out but haven't done it yet (will have to do that later today if I remember *Smile*)

I'm ready for the 1st to get here Today I am going to print some type of chart out that I can use (a weekly one) for keeping track of water drinking and also for daily exercising. Gonna look online to see what I can find.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Love,

Jennelle
Old 12-29-2001, 12:04 PM   #5  

Smile Good idea, Jennelle, new thread

, Jennelle and EVERYONE ,

It's so great to have so many respond, huh, Jennelle? There, at first, we thought no one else would--boy were WE wrong. I've never been so glad to be wrong!

Sticking to it. YES--that is critical! My mind is pretty blown out sometimes, , so I can't recall who had this marvelous idea, but, THANKS ! .

Thanks for joining, Simply Stef and Cindi(I THINK that's who I mean-see? ). The chat thing sounds like a good idea, Jennelle. ANOTHER new experience for this internet novice.

Till later,

Velvet

Last edited by velvet; 12-29-2001 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-29-2001, 12:38 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Can I join if I'm a January 2nder?

It's nice to see new faces around here. I've been around for almost a year. I kinda come and go. I'm hoping to be a little more consistent! (I need to do that with everything)

Sounds like Jacob is waking from his nap. Talk to all of you soon!!
Old 12-29-2001, 01:15 PM   #7  
hot mom wanna be!

Angry hi!!

I am feeling much better today, just feeling weak, so I am laying low today. The good news-I lost weight! he he!! What a way to do it though! I figure if I keep my calories under control then I should reach my new years day goal of 40 pounds (1.8 pounds to go in 3 days?? I guess that's do-able if I am dillegent! I feel so glad to finally stick to a resolution. This is the first time I have resolved to lose on new years and kept it off!

welcome to all the new people-it should be fun this year, like a big support group/cheering squad for us.

Jacob's mom-hey it's ok to start on the 2nd if you want!

happy saturday!
lorelei
weight(313/274.8/273 new years day goal)
5'9 height
Old 12-29-2001, 03:00 PM   #8  

Talking hey

JacobsMommy,

We're MORE than happy to have you! WHEN you start doesn't matter, it's STARTING that matters!!

lorelei, glad you're feeling better. I'm SURE you'll make your goal. You're a real encouragement to me already. Keep up the good work.

By the way everyone-----my real name is Gayle------- . When I joined here (this being my first thread, I didn't know that people use their real names). You are welcomed to call me either. Velvet was my perfectly fabulous black cat. Last Aug 6, she disappeared off my 3rd floor balcony. We suspect that the garbage truck startled her out of her sleep and she fell off. Needless to say, I was keening and wailing for nearly a month. Well, not aloud for the whole month, but, in deep mourning nonetheless. I don't know how parents can physically lose a child and live through it! Anyway, that's the background of my alias.

The 1st (and 2nd, J's mommy) is coming soon - thank God!!!

Velvet (Gayle) which do you all want??
Old 12-29-2001, 04:07 PM   #9  

Default Me again!

Welcome Sandi! And sure you can join even if you're a Jan. 2nd'er (just curious though as to why you've waiting till the 2nd? *LOL*)

Lorelei - I'm so glad you're feeling better today and yes, if you're still not all the way up to parr - rest is a good thing (we want ya in tip top shape for the 1st *Smile*) And - congrats on the weight loss and also for keeping your resolution (I think I have yet to keep one I've ever made BUT this one for 2002, I will keep!!)

Gayle (Velvet) - I'm so sorry about your cat. That sounds like me, I dont' know what I'd do if something ever happened to my cockatiel ... I'd be devestated. And hey - since we're making confessions, my real first name isn't Jennelle either but it's Debi (Jennelle is my middle name though in real life). I'd much rather go by Jennelle than Debi but no one in real life ever calls me that Anyways - as for the Jennelle Leigh - it's a LONG story but my middle name USED to be Sue (Ugh!!) and I legally had it changed in court. I did all the paper work myself and such and it only cost me about $40.00 to have it done. Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't change my first name at the time too (at the time I legally changed my middle name, I also had my last name legally changed as well - it is possible to do this ) Anyways, I HATE my first name and have been thinking about going back and filing paperwork to get my name changed from Deborah Jennelle to Jennelle Leigh. I might do that eventually - maybe as a reward for losing weight? Maybe!! I know that realistically no one will call me Jennelle but hey - for legal purposes - paperwork and appointments, I can go by Jennelle, right?

Talk to ya all soon!

Love,

Jennelle

PS About the chatroom - I created one earlier to see how to do it and such. I named the room January 1st Challengers and the password I made as being 1234 BUT I don't know if the room stayed there once I left or not. May go check now to see if it is still there or if it wasn't a permenant room.
Old 12-29-2001, 04:11 PM   #10  

Default Darn it!

Well - the chatroom was gone when I just now went back after logging out so guess the room being there all the time is not an option :-( Is there a way we can contact someone to see if we can have a permenant room? Anybody know?

Love,

Jennelle
Old 12-29-2001, 05:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 248/206/199(first goal)

Height: 5 '7"

Default Hi everyone

Thought I would check in...I just painted my nails so if I can be on the computer for a bit then I wont mess them up. I need all the help I can get *LOL*.

Having a good day so far...Though I have started thinking about New Years Eve and what that might bring. My DH and I are going up to our friends in Seattle (I live a hour and a half away) who are having a party. I am worried about what kind of effect having a few drinks will have on my body. I hope that it does not make me stall.The eating part will not be a problem with me bacause I rarely eat when I am up there because I am so busy catching up with all my friends, but I guess if you play you pay. Whats everyone else doing this New Years Eve?

Talk with you all next year...can you believe it 2002. WOW!

Barbara Ann
Old 12-29-2001, 07:14 PM   #12  

Default Stayin home

My DH and I are just staying home New Years Eve. We never go anywhere 'n do anything anyways so guess that night will be no different *LOL* Have a great time and a safe trip

Love,

Jennelle
Old 12-29-2001, 10:43 PM   #13  

Default Here's what I did - what do you all think?

Hi Guys! (Oops - gals, I mean *Grin*)

I was just messing around online and create a mailing list for us at YahooGroups if any of you are interested. I find that for me atleast, it is easier to keep up with a list (can be on digest even if we want) and also can read messages from website.

My thinking was that we can have add bookmarks there if we want for any good sites that we find and would like to share. Also can add pictures in the files and if I can figure out how, we can also have a database in which we can keep track of our weight loss progress.

I'd like to have your ideas on this and what you all think. The url to join is: http://*************.com/group/2002_Challengers/

I have it set up so that I have to approve anyone who wants to join and have specified that the group is just for us, who are on the 3fatchicks 100# Club - January 1st Challengers.

Am looking forward to your thoughts on this

Love,

Jennelle Leigh
Old 12-30-2001, 08:41 AM   #14  

Thumbs down Whew! I survived the move!

Yeah, I made it. I was worried about getting lost.

Oh my gosh Jenelle. You have been doing your homework. I didn't realize there was so much stuff to this place. I will do my best to keep up. Since I am a total novice, I'm just going to go along with the majority. This is your baby, Jenelle, and I guess I see you as a leader.

I bought a new CD for the treadmill yesterday - running music. A secret lifelong dream of mine is to run a marathon. I have kept it to myself since I don't want to see the "Yeah, sure" looks on everyones faces. It seems pretty unabtainable right now and I'm not getting any younger (36 in Jan). Maybe I can talk someone into going with me. They hold a marathon in Walt Disney World (FL) every January (hint)

Your legal name change idea is wonderful, Jenelle. Can you just pick any name you want? I hate my last name and suspect my daughters (3&5) will be made fun of in school because of it. I told my DH (does that mean Dearest Husband or Dead Head?) that the minute they get teased it gets changed!

My "Last Supper" is tomorrow (31st) - chicken and dumplins at Grandma's. On the way home I'll stop at the store for fresh fruit. The way I see it, it's now or never. If I don't do it this time, I don't deserve it. I've been fat long enough - even my joints are starting to ache. I know that would stop when I get the weight off.

I'm getting long winded (sorry). I would like to know about other's actual stategies for their goals and ... why all the water? I always hear how important it is but does anyone actually know why?

Thanx for reading - Cindy
Old 12-30-2001, 08:43 AM   #15  

Oh, shoot! I just realized I have been spelling your name wrong, Jennelle. I am soooooo sorry!
Closed Thread