Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 05:06 AM   #46  

wow.. yogurt biscuits? Sounds interesting! What are they?
Old 01-12-2002, 11:53 AM   #47  

Default Yogurt Biscuits

Here they are:

1 c. plus 2 Tabs. flour
1 1/2 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. salt
1/4 Tabs. cold margarine
(I used Parkay light stick margarine and it worked fine)
1/2 c. plan yogurt
1 teas. sugar

combine dry ingre; cut in margarine until crumbly. Add yogurt and sugar and stir until just moistened. Turn onto a floured service and knead 4-5 times. Place into a 6x4 inch dish that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray; pat out to edges of dish; cut into 6 square biscuits, do not separate. Spray tops with cooking spray. Bake at 450' for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. 6 servings:
One biscuit equals 134 calories, 4 gm fat
Less if you use the light margarine

Ao good and fluffy! Note: the biscuits will pull apart
Old 01-16-2002, 10:07 AM   #48  
hot mom wanna be!

Thumbs up mad at myself

I always love to post when I've done well (of course-don't we all?? )but when I'm not --I stay away. I have to stop doing this. Anyway, for the past week or so I havent been watching what I eat at all. The dumb thing was that it was triggered by meeting a friend for lunch last week and then the same night going out with my family to a buffet place-and that's all it took-two fattening meals and I am off plan for a whole week. I have to stop the mentality of I've blown it so I am going off plan. I am afraid to weigh in but I guess I will first thing in the morning tommorow. I have eaten already today so I know my weight will be higher than it is first thing in the a.m. Oh well, coming back here is the first step. I want to be able to reach my goals and coming here sure does help.
hopefully I will have good news to report soon!!

ps-I read the previous pages on this thread and want to say thanks for the support! I know a 14 is possible one day and that I have come far, so I am done with this backsliding and want to get back on track today!

lorelei
Old 01-20-2002, 06:32 AM   #49  
Work in Progress

bringing this up
Old 01-22-2002, 10:29 AM   #50  

Hmmmm...

my goal was 12 pounds by Vday but since that's only 3 weeks away and I've lost a grand total of 4 pounds, that may be difficult to reach!

I really need to rededicate myself to this! I've been eating approx. 1200-1500 calories weekdays & 2000 on the weekends and I don't seem to be losing much. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!
Chelle
Old 01-22-2002, 10:30 AM   #51  
October, here I come!

Default Me, too.

I know what you mean. My goal was 230. Since that is about 20 lbs. away, I think I will settle for 245-250. Maybe by my birthday I can reach 220-230. That would be so amazing!!!

Amy
Old 01-22-2002, 01:41 PM   #52  

Default re: yogurt biscuits

Attention Thimble:
Just want to ask regarding recipe for
yogurt biscuits....was that really just
1/4 tbsp of lite margarine, or is it
supposed to be 1/4 cup margarine.
1/4 tablespoon seems very little.
Thank you. I want to try this recipe.
Old 01-22-2002, 04:29 PM   #53  
hot mom wanna be!

Talking

yeah!
update: after two days of eating right again, I have lost weight. I am down two pounds!! my grand total is 40 pounds gone. I still have 13 pounds to go to get to my v-day goal. I know it's impossible now since I blew it being off plan and all. Oh well, I thrilled to see 40 pounds lost!! I am going to have to change my goal to 267 which is 6 more pounds. 6 pounds is a good amount for three weeks, and if I lose more that will be a "bonus"!!

chelle-4 pounds is good! how long did it take to lose it? Maybe you are right on track with the recommended 1-2 pounds a week. Your calories depend on how much you weigh. I weigh 273 (5'9 height) and by going to different websites I found my body needs around 1700 cals/a day just for basic bodily functions (breathing, heart beat, digestion, etc...) of course we do more than lay on a couch all day so I actually burn more than this. I keep my calories at 1700-1800 and lose well on that. Maybe your calories are too LOW and your body is thinking it's starving. I have read a lot on this and everyone says the bare minimum should be 1200 on a weight loss plan or you could be putting yourself in starvation mode. (metabolism slows down then). Maybe if you keep it at that range (1700) you'd lose too -depending on your weight. let me know if you want the website I go to for your basal metabolism estimate. Also maybe the 2000 is too much on the weekend so it defeats the low cals all week and you are just staying the same?? I dont know I am just guessing. good luck!!

lorelei
(313/273!!/267 new valentines goal)
Old 01-22-2002, 05:16 PM   #54  

I'm new here so my goal by Valentine's day is 6lbs. From 318 to 312.
Old 01-23-2002, 12:55 AM   #55  

Mrs. BD, good luck on your Vday goal!! You can do it.

lorelei1 - thanks for the advice. I'm 5'8 and 273lbs & have been doing this since Jan 4th. I'm not sure where that puts me. Can you refer me to a chart? I appreciate your help!

Hmm... I didn't realize it, but that means that this is only my third week! I'm such an impatient nerd... No wonder I haven't seen any huge changes. An average of 2 pounds per week is totally ok with me - it's my goal! But I really would appreciate seeing a chart so I can learn more.

Thanks!
Chelle

Last edited by Chellefn; 01-23-2002 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:42 AM   #56  
hot mom wanna be!

Angry hi chelle!

Hey I guess we are about the same height/weight wise. (except I had to lose 40 to get to your starting weight!) No you arent an impatient nerd! lol we want it gone and we want it gone NOW!! Wanting it and getting it are two different things though unfortunately!

here is a site I go to: http://www.room42.com

this is the basal metabolism calculator. It asks your age, weight and height and then it will tell you how many calories your body burns to keep you functioning each day and how many calories you burn really if you are a couch potato or if you do lite exercise, heavy exercise etc... I really feel it will tell you to eat a bit more, wouldnt that be nice? lol

I totally just copied this on another thread here on the 100 pound club. I like these also:

http://www.healthcentral.com.cooltoo...s/bodyfat1.cfm

and

http://www.hussman.com/eas/bmrcalc.htm

the room42 site seems to say you need more calories than the other one does. the healthcentral will ask for measurements to give you your body fat estimate. you use these figures to get calorie estimates needed for fat loss on the hussman site.

so for me, one says 2000 is my basal metabolism and another says 1780. It varies because one site is going by how much fat you have. Fat doesnt seem to need as much calories as muscled bodies do.

anyway, hope you find this interesting and helpful

lorelei
Old 01-23-2002, 09:59 AM   #57  
hot mom wanna be!

Angry hi chelle (again)

the website for healthcentral didnt come up right when I checked it. (sorry) it should be

http:http://www.healthcentral.com/cooltoo...s/bodyfat1.cfm

I hope this is right! If not it's posted on the starvation thread 100 pound listing.

also on the room42 site you have to scroll down to get to the calculator and the hussman site has pop up boxes that you fill in the body fat % etc to get the answer.

sorry for the goof!
lorelei
Old 01-24-2002, 08:13 AM   #58  
hot mom wanna be!

Arrow another pound bites the dust!

hey all!
I weighed in this morning and I have lost another pound! I am so psyched. This counting calorie thing really works. Congrats to all the other "losers" as well!

lorelei
313/272/267 valentines goal
Old 01-24-2002, 07:05 PM   #59  

I weighed this morning and I had lost 4lbs. I'm down to 314. Thanks for the support. I can't do it alone.

Carol
Old 01-26-2002, 12:52 AM   #60  

Ladies, I am so sorry that I've been gone! My internet connection has been down for the last two days.

Sounds like everyone is doing really well!

Carol - 4 pounds is terrific!!!

lorelei - One more pond toward your goal! That's terrific!

I always think of Friday as the beginning of the weekend & so far it's gone well I just hope I stay strong tomorrow & Sunday, those are the weakest points for me!

Have a FABULOUS weekend everybody!!!
Chelle
Closed Thread