Old 08-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #46  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Ooooh! More compliments for me! I love 'em... One was from a friend who said that her boyfriend was going on and on about me after I left them the other night -- she's sure lost a lot of weight, it totally shows, she looks great, yadda, yadda. The other was from my dad -- the weight is just falling off you, you look terrific, keep up the good work, I'm so proud of you, yadda, yadda.

LOVE it!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 304/280/150

Height: 5'5"

The other night my mom told me she can see from some of my clothes and the way they fit that I've lost. I was soo excited over that! I knew some were getting loose, but I didn't think anyone had noticed.
ChristyDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #48  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I went to a surprise birthday party yesterday with all kinds of pot luck food, several different cakes and desserts, punch with ice cream in it and etc. I had a few slivers of turkey and some tomatoes and that was it! I did good! I was craving all that food really bad but I resisted!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #49  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Well done, Muggy!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:25 AM   #50  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

While shopping with my kids Friday night, in Wal-Mart, I spied a pretty blouse. It was in the ladies section, which I still consider 'out of my league'. But I had too see the blouse....stripes of cream, navy, tan and plum, with gold threads through it. The matching tan pants were below the blouse. I grabbed the largest sizes they had...16/18 blouse and 16 pants. No "W" behind the numbers!!!! I tried them on and could button every button and zip the zipper! They were tight, but they were on! They are my new motivational outfit, hanging on my closet door. My son said I looked good in the outfit, better than what I normally wear! lol (I felt like a sausage!) I can't wait to wear them to work!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

This weekend I went up to camp for one day & night (I have to work or else I would have stayed the whole week like everyone else). Anyway, so many people were really excited to see me & happy I was there - felt great (I have deep rooted internal belief that no one likes me that I have been working on).

I also got up at morning bell, was busy doing stuff all day & even worked on stuff during afternoon siesta (naptime essentially). I don't usually turn up an opportunity for a nap but I just had so much energy. Maybe those workouts are starting to work?!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #52  

I had a terrible day today but I went to the gym & worked out hard anyway. And I didn't eat anything off plan.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:50 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

I was in town today and ran into the receptionist from the hair salon I go to. She said "Wow. You look great! Keep up the good work." My first acknowledgement that what I'm doing is working. It was extra special as I had noticed this morning, looking in the mirror, that there were some changes in my body. It was great to have the affirmation of what I saw in the mirror.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #54  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

I posted this in the shopping section too....
I have to tell you this little story. I came home from work and I noticed that my Coldwater Creek catalog was in the bathroom. Hmmmmm....it's just me and DH. So, I came out and asked him if he ran out of things to read. He said, "no, I was just looking at some outfits for you and I picked out some that I like!" I didn't know what to say. He even earmarked the pages!! They were skirts and blouses. I told him that there is a Coldwater Creek store right down the street-he said "well let's go check it out!"

Did aliens abduct my husband????????

-Jan

PS. I put all of my favorite catalogs in the bathroom now!!! hehehehe.
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #55  

I got up on time this morning. This has been a point of major stress lately & I'm determined to tackle it!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #56  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Last night I got up off the couch with no struggle at all. I just ... stood up! No scooting to the edge with my knees waaaaaay apart and leaning as far forward as I can, putting my hands on my knees for leverage, or throwing my arms forward to get some momentum started. Guess those workouts are doing something after all.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #57  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

My NSV is clothes related , again.
I am wearing a pair of camoflauge capri's that have been hanging in the closet for almost 2 yrs. When I bought them I couldn't accept how big I got, they're a size 22, and in march they wouldn't even go over my hips, 2-3 wks ago they wouldn't close, now they close and zip and feel fine. I guess buying a bunch of clothes that didn't fit, is paying off, little by litte I am fitting in to them right now. I figure though if I keep this up in a few months I am going to have to get to the store and buy smaller clothes, but for now I am feeling great fitting into these clothes.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Great NSVs, everyone! I finally got to catch up and read them!

I posted this in the Cool Runners thread, but I want to put it here too because it's a HUGE NSV for me.

Many of you know how nervous I've been about accepting the assistant cross country coach position because I didn't think I could keep up with the kids and I didn't know if I had anything to teach them. Well, today was our 4th practice and I really DID get to teach them something -- by example, even!

We ran an "easy" 3 miles, but an "easy" run for them is fast for me. It was hot outside and I was tired from my 13 mile run yesterday, so I was a bit sluggish starting out. I'm always slower than the kids at first anyway. But I ended up passing all the female students and some of the males on the way back and I was the only female who didn't stop to walk. I kept a consistent pace to show them that's what they should do, and I passed them on purpose as part of the lesson. Then when we all got back, my husband (the head coach) used me as an example to show them how they should pace themselves so that they don't feel the urge to stop and walk. I ran with a student for a big part of the run and we had a nice conversation, so I was able to use that as an example of how an easy run should feel (you should be able to comfortably talk instead of panting and gasping). It felt so amazing to be able to actually show them something and not just be the slow old lady in the back the whole time!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:05 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

WOW Lisa, what a great addition to that team you are. Congratulations.

Last night I made a low calorie/point cake from the WW Recipie thread. After having a piece of it I was tempted to have more, just because I was bored and there was nothing good on TV. Instead I put in a Walk Away the Pounds DVD and did a 2 mile walk. I stayed away from the cake the rest of the evening. I've also gotten to Curves 10 minutes early every morning this week so I have time to Hula Hoop at least 10 minutes. I think I finally have my focus back.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #60  

Last night although I was exhausted I went out to my Mom's to swim. She has a fair sized pool so even though I really didn't feel like it after vacuuming & skimming the pool I swam lengths for 20min. Now her pool is only about 1/2 the length of a regular public pool so I made sure not to push off at each end.

And I lost 4.5" this week!