Old 07-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability/Planning/Menus July 16-22

Good Morning! I am SO excited! I hopped on the scale this am and I am down 2lbs! Yahoo! I was having a horrible time last week w/ weight gain, I am chalking it all up to sodium. I need to be much more careful as it makes such a big difference!

So far so good today--already started drinking water. Plan for today is to work out at the gym right after work. If it isn't raining, I will also take the dogs for a walk.

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning!
Thanks for getting us started MJ and congrads on the 2lbs!!
Well today is going fine but thats more than i can say for Saturday night/Sunday... I swear I have been off the party circuit for a long time and I can't tell you the last time I went out on a saturday night...let alone to the city to party it up. I mean..these days for the most part if I go out it's to a work event where everything is free and stops at a decent hour.
Let's just say that was not the case on Saturday night as I hit the circuit with my younger friends....needless to say it was a bad idea...and although I'm ok on the scale I drank more calories than necessary and then wasted an entire day yesterday recovering so even though I wasn't eating..I wasn't working out or doing anything productive either.
Anyway new day, new week, still plugging on. This is the week where I have a ton of meetings for my restaurant program....so it's going to be a lot of eating out. I'm just gonna try to think light, nothing fried, substitute veggies and salads for things like fries and absolutely no alcohol...it's water and diet coke for me.

I think what I'm going to have to do is go back into hibernation from my friends. I'm going to a folk festival next week and when that is over I think I'm going to try to get back to myself....which means not answering my phone, ignoring my friends and not going out. This was what I had to do to jump start myself in the beginning and get back my control and I think it's time for another round. My friends always get a bit cranky but in the end it's about me and not them and I know that once I go out I have no control at all...and I also do not have the will power to say no to the invitation. I think it will be best if I spend August just concentrating on me, not going out, saving my money etc. so that when September comes around and I start getting really busy again and start having events to attend I'll be ready.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I had a great week last week,but didn't do one bit of exercise this weekend, and ate more than I should of Yesterday, it wasn't bad food, roasted corn (2)and 2 servings of sun chips, but still I felt so bloated today. So far I have been doing good, I ate a good breakfast, just had a fruit and nut bar ( 160 calories), because lunch won't be until 1 pm. I did my exercise on the elliptical and some general exercises, I have been out for about an hour paying bills, and doing some errands, and plan on doing my weights tonight. I am almost out of the 240's I want this bad and will not let a bad weekend overcome this.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I've been not so good for a week or so now. The food part has been ok, and I'm drinking a lot of water, but my exercising was non-existent. So, I quit posting in the accountability thread. Way to step up and be accountable, huh!!!??? Anyway, I'm recommitting again. I went walking/jogging this morning and I feel much better! Gotta stay on track!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/299/225

Height: 5'5

Well I had a dissapointing morning, i jumped on the scale and lost nothing...
I worked out 4x lastweek, i figured after loosing the past few weeks and working out less something would have happened, but no...
So i did eat kinda bad last week....So back to using the food scale i go...
i'm really hopeing that with the food scale and working out this week, by next Monday I will see some weight loss and that will give me some xtra encouragement....
CrazyRai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:11 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Accountability...yep, I need it. Got on the scales this morning for a bi-weekly weigh-in.....didnt weigh last week....and I've gained 4.4 pounds. So, since I joined 3FC in November 2006, I've lost a total of 17.2 pounds. Kinda under-whelming, huh? Other than a two month span in January and
February, I have not been 100% committed to this lifestyle change/weight loss journey. In reality, I've been a spoiled brat who, literally, wants her cake and wants to eat it too! Yes, this is challenging....yes, its uncomfortable...yes, its takes effort and time....but, the reality isnt so good for me right now. I'm still quite large and quite out-of-shape and I'm no-where close to where I wanted to be in one year. I have 4 months of my year remaining to make some big changes.

Today, I started my blog. Each day, I plan on making small changes with the hope that my small changes will add together and make big changes.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #7  
Diane

Hey Rhonda. That amount of weight lost is NOT underwhelming. Can you imagine going back to weighing your highest weight? I'll bet that if you think about it, you'll agree that you feel better now than you did then. That doesn't mean that you should stay at your current weight (or gain). But, just stay accountable and get committed again. You can do this!

So, now if I take the paragraph I just wrote and substitute my name for your name, it applies to me as well. I joined late in February and dropped weight until I hit the end of May (beginning of summer, beginning of laziness and excuses). I'm going to take it one day at a time. Today has been a good day. We have a birthday in our office today and there will be cake. I'm going to stay away! I have to make that goal. I am also vowing to come back to this thread daily (if at all possible), and be brutally honest with all of you and myself.

Join me Rhonda!! I'm spoiled too, and realize I can't have my cake.... let alone eat it!!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

glad to say i'm down 13 lbs. the past 2 weeks, out of the super scary number to a more reasonalbe scary number LOL

breaky - low sugar oatmeal & apple
lunch - veggie soup, pudding and an apple
dinner - i've made friends with the take-out greek place! i've got a modified salad with less oil and cheese (and it's HUGE), and grilled chicken for the top and a whole wheat bun! yum!
snackie/dessert - some low fat frozen yogurt
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #9  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi and happy Monday. Rhonda, give yourself kudos for having a net loss, any net loss. One day at a time, girl!

Went to the gym for the 2nd time today. The treadmills were full, so I used the recumbant bike. Wow. Only got 10 minutes instead of half an hour, but did a whooooole lot more work. I was dripping within a minute, which did not hppen at all on the treadmill. I actually feel pretty good about it. The owner was the one who took me over to the bicycle, told me how to use it and for how long, and how many rpm I should aim for. I may do this from now on, maybe adding a minute a day until I'm up to 30, then increasing the resistance. The herd of girls in there this morning only used the treadmills -- probably because they're much easier and less intense!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:23 AM   #10  
Diane

Good day yesterday. Everything was on plan. I exercised this morning again, so that's a good way to start the day. I have no need to be off plan today, so I'm going to make it another good day.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 AM   #11  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I stayed on plan yesterday. Today I allready ate breakfast( on plan), and did some exercise and put the garbage on the curb( it is pick up day , and curb is up on a small hill). I am going to work my hardest to stay on plan today so I can have another good day, tomorrow is my weigh in day and I don't want to see a gain.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #12  
mj5

So much good news around here!!!!! Losses, re-committment--it's ALL good!

I am proud of myself because yesterday I started telling myself that it would be 'ok to skip the gym'--this is a very BAD habit that I am trying to break! I refused to listen to that little voice in my head telling me that I could just go straight home. I have to say it probably wasn't the most intense workout I have ever done, BUT I did my whole workout.

Today, so far so good. I am going to the gym right afte work--today is arms/shoulders and cardio. I have to say that I have noticed some muscle definement in my arms.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, All! Well, I'm all fired up and ready to go on-plan today. Hubby planned menus for the week and bought groceries last night....so, we're officially back on Southbeach. I cleaned out the frig and pantry while he was gone and gave all of our "temptation" foods to Mom-in-Law. Took a long relaxing bath and read a couple of chapters of "You on a Diet." Wow....Mrs Quadcrew, you're right...this is a great book. I've had the book for a while, but never took the time to read it. I skipped right to the chapters on emotional eating and it seemed like those chapters were written just for me. So many things they wrote really hit home with me, but the following sentences literally slapped me in the face and made me wake up to reality......"your fat serves as a literal and metaphorical protective layer that keeps you from interacting with reality. You don't have to play the game of life if you're constantly making excuses for living on the bench. If only you could lose weight, if only you could fit into that bikini, if only you could take a hike with the family without breathing heavier than a prison escapee. While some people may say that fat is a failure, the truth is that fat - for many of us - is a way of avoiding failure, because it's an excuse for never competing and engaging in life."

So, as of today, I'm not sitting on the sidelines anymore. I know this won't be easy...and some days I'll want to quit....but, I'm determined to learn a new way of living.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone!
I'm so excited to see everyone back! Ok...well for me I'm going ok so far but today is going to be a double whammy as far as food goes. I have both a scheduled business lunch and business dinner...I actually have lunches every day for the rest of the week and the one thing I haven't been doing since I started is eating out a lot...maybe once a month if that... but these I can't avoid..I'm setting up my restaurant program for my shows next season (Broadway tour goers like to pair it with dinner ) so and the restaurants want to show off what they've got so there isn't a choice about having a meeting where food isn't involved.

Today is lunch at Maggiano's and if you don't know what that is it is a large Italian chain restaurant...and it's fabulous but there is absolutely nothing healthy on the menu....even the salads are unhealthy so I'm really just going to have to try to be as sensible as possible and watch how much I eat and order special if I have to. It's tough to be that customer when the owner is trying to impress you with chef specialties.

Tonight's dinner will be more casual...and I haven't figured out where we are going yet but since I can pick the place I can pick a place with healthy options...my goal for dinner is no alcohol with dinner...

ahhhh it's all so nerveracking...wish me luck!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #15  
mj5

Rhonda--Good for you!!! I have been considering checking out SBD, just because I know several people who have had good luck w/ it.

sunshine--Mmm Italian food, I could eat pasta every day--I don't, but I could. And I have switched to whole wheat pasta so even when we do have it, it is 'better' for us. Good luck!!!!

Still doing ok here, although I started to feel a moment of weakness coming on--one of my co-workers was pushing donuts ("but they are only little ones"). I politley declined, but they look SO good!