3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   cool motivational idea at my TOPS meeting yesterday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/117060-cool-motivational-idea-my-tops-meeting-yesterday.html)

noranoranora 07-06-2007 01:30 PM

cool motivational idea at my TOPS meeting yesterday

One of the gals made each of us an octopus out of yarn. She glued a piece of paper to each octopus so we could write out names on them. Wasn't that nice of her? The motivational part of this is to keep all 8 legs because if you gain over the course of the week, a leg is unceremoniously chopped off!! This is an 8 week contest and I already love my little octopus... I would hate to see it amputated. I think this is a brilliant way to keep us paying attention. Have any of you got any other great motivational ideas?

PinkHoodie 07-06-2007 01:57 PM

One thing I did for awhile was took a pair of pants that I LOVED back in the day, that I couldn't fit in anymore, and hung them by the bathroom. Then I looked at them everyday to remind myself why I was doing this. :) In fact I may get them out and do it again!

adaem 07-06-2007 02:13 PM

I love the octopus idea!! I wish I had some friends around here to do that with. I love putting a name on it to really get you attached to it (and its legs)

I also love the jeans idea. I have a really cute pair of jean that I have never worn. I think I might hang them on my pantry door. I really need motivation.

Kae 07-06-2007 02:43 PM

This is more of a mental thing.. but when I get down about only losing a half of a pound or a pound of weight, I try to visualize ground hamburger. Think of what a pound of ground hamburger looks like when sitting in your hands. Now imagine that on your body. It seems more significant then.....

lalique 07-06-2007 06:52 PM

My mom tried that octopus idea with me when I was younger to try to help me lose weight. *sigh* it didn't work.

I'm always looking for something to motivate me (because I have NO motivation at all!) - Once I printed out a bunch of pictures of skinny models and hung them up all over in my closet, and everytime I felt like I wanted to eat, I'd go sit in there. lol... That was back when I was about 16 or so.. Silly idea (That didn't work either).

Robin41 07-06-2007 07:56 PM

What did you name your octopus? Hopefully not Stumpy. lol.

noranoranora 07-06-2007 08:14 PM

Robin, how about Betty Grable or was she before your time? LOL!! I think she might have been the first star whose legs were insured for a million dollars. :)

MarinePrincess 07-07-2007 01:53 AM

I have my front view before picture (tummy and all...ewwww) on the fridge right next to the internet picture of the dress I ordered. That way when I try to go rummaging in the fridge, I'm face-to-face with my goal and the consequences of straying.