Am I the only one???

• Tonight I had my weigh in...another 3.2 pounds gone for a total of 7.2 in two weeks and I should be elated and jumping off the walls, but I'm not. When I first starting losing weight, that would've been a great loss, but tonight I was like, "yeah that's nice." I think it's just because I gained that 22 pounds back and that's what I'm losing right now and I just can't get excited about it. Now get me below 260 and I'll be jumping off the walls.
    I just wanted to know if the rest of you felt the same.
    Dawnyal
  • That is an awesome weight loss, I'm jealous! I guess I only have myself to blame lately, only half hearted efforts at best. I have had a lot of stress lately with my marriage seperation and all. I am really suprised I haven't gained a lot and used stress as an excuse like I have done in the past.

I too have lost weight before and gained it back-in fact three times!! I have actually lost 50 pounds twice and 40 pounds once only within a year or so be almost where I started!! How frustrating is that?? All I can say is the past is over and you cant worry about what you've gained or lost before because that is over and now this is your starting point (or it was 7 pounds ago!!) I hope I haven't bored you to death. I cant sleep so I am staying online and avoiding the fridge!!

lorelei
  • Remember the Turtle
    Slow and steady wins the race.

We all know what it is like to work so hard to lose and then gain it back in a flash. I have been there so many times.
    This time is different for me. I am going to take it in small steps, each time that I have lost it in great leaps and bounds it has come back in the blink of an eye.
    I sat down and broke my weight loss down into small increments. And then I sat down and wrote down the last time I weighed my new goal weights. It amazed me at how soon I would be at a weight I hadn't been in over a decade. This has been a great motivator for me. It helps me shut the fridge door and keep my mouth shut.
    Heres a thought you have lost over 7 pounds that amounts to 24,500 calories you have burned off or not consumed.
    THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!!
    So be proud of yourself, and keep up the great job.

300/296/140.
  • I Understand, but
    I would put the 22 pound weight gain behind you; it's in the past. I gained some 35 pounds and I guess I could say, dang, if only I had stuck to it, my current 16 pound weight loss would have put me closer to 250, vs. closer to 290.

I learned some hard lessons behind that, one being that I CANNOT EVER EAT LIKE THAT IN THE PAST AGAIN. Call it the fat gene, or what, but I cannot eat like a pig and expect to keep the weight off. I'm too old and my metabolism is slower. I have to accept the effects of aging.

But I don't have to accept the effects of bad knees or knocking on diabete's door. I don't have to accept a bad back. I can do something about it and I will. Because it's what I want. I'm looking forward and not back. Not anymore.

308.6/292.4/150
  • Thanks for all the wonderful advice. I am feeling better about it. I also realized that it's not so much that I'm not happy with the 7 pound loss, it's this time of season and I'm dealing with it a lot harder than I thought I would (ex is now remarried, I have no significant other in my life for the first time in over 4 years, etc.) But that's the one thing I'm making sure I stay superfocused on is continuing to eat healthy and exercise.
    I wouldn't be able to stay as focused without all the love and support I get from ya'll.

Thanks a million,
    Dawnyal
  • You will get through this barbygirl. Loving yourself is the first step to being happier.
  • I know the pain all too well...

But congrats on the loss!!! It is a wonderful loss, and with any loss, you should be smiling. Your hard work is paying off. And Barbi..I know how tough it is..were in the same boat right now. Don't look behind you. Keep your chin up..and look the future right in the eye. You'll get there. I'll be the one standing next to you cheering you on.