Old 07-01-2007, 12:27 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Arrow July NSV's

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!!! It's also capable of proviking a few tears every now and then. So let's start filling er' up.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

I ran 2.5 miles this morning! My goal was originally one mile, but when I actually got outside, I decided to just walk rather than run because I just didn't feel up to running. Yet, my feet took me to the high school track, and once I started, I didn't want to stop. I just kept thinking of Lisa's "one more mile" and decided I would not stop running until the front of my shirt was soaked with sweat. Didn't make that target, but did go much farther than I've ever gone before! (Of course, my pace was painfully slow, but...)Thanks again for the inspiration, all of the runners here. My doctor was SO skeptical when I talked to her about running at my weight, I was discouraged. Now, I'm going to figure out how to do it right!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Laurie!!!

2.5!!! That's FANTASTIC!!

You are seriously ROCKING on this running thing!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I am learning that I don't mind sweating now. Me and my DD went for my 3 mile walk last night that has a huge, steep hill. It was terribly humid and I came back pouring with sweat. I just had a cool glass of water, then jumped in the shower and was perfectly fine. For me this is an NSV cause I used to absolutely hate to sweat. But, then again, that was when I was sweating from barely any movement, not from actual physical exertion.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Way to go Laurie on your run today! And just to let you know...I started running when I was at about 250 pounds - it can be done, just make sure you listen to your body and build up the muscles in your legs over time. Congrats!

And speaking of running...I have a running NSV myself today. I have the Nike/IPod sports kit that essentially acts like a pedometer, tracks your time and distance, and uploads it all to the Nike site. I participate in some challenges on that site to keep me motivated, but up until now, I've never actually won one. Well, as of today, I have a little trophy under my name, for running the most miles in June out of a group of about 20 challenge participants (139.61 miles, to be precise).
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #6  
Believe

Great job on all the running!! One of my long term goals is to run in a marathon, bad knees and all! It's people like you that will keep encouraging me to reach that goal!!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Omg I'm so excited - I have these black leather t-bar heeled shoes (about three inch heels). When i was at heaviest I couldn't walk in them for fear of falling over (think tightrope walking lol). I just tried them on - I can walk! I can walk in heels I'm so stupidly happy about that
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Great NSVs already, and we're only one day into July!!

I didn't want to run today, but I did, and I did it faster than normal even though the hot sun was beating down! I'm so glad I did, though, because now I have a lovely NSV to report.

As I was walking away from my house, warming up, my neighbors passed in their car and waved. Then they backed the car up and the woman asked if I live around here (it turned out she wanted to ask me about wireless internet options, of which there are none in my area). I pointed to my house, surprised she was asking (we've spoken before and we'd even considered becoming walking partners a few years ago but it never panned out and I haven't seen her in a long time). When I pointed to the house across from hers, she said, "Oh! Henry's wife! I didn't recognize you!!" I told her I'd lost 100 pounds and had been running and all that. She said, "Wow, running did this?" and looked at my body, then said she should run with me because she wants to lose 10 pounds (she's pretty small, but whatever -- I won't judge).

Anyway, I was thrilled! I've had people do double takes and talk about how different I look and say that they didn't recognize me from a distance, but that was the first time I had someone completely not recognize me, so it was very cool! It gave me the motivation to get through those 4 miles in the hot sun!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

I got whistled at in the parking lot of the grocery store.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I had some more great compliments at church this morning after being gone for 2 weeks. That was a lot of fun. I also sat through the entire service with my legs crossed and my bible on my lap. That's a HUGE one for me!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
I got whistled at in the parking lot of the grocery store.
That is the BEST feeling in the world! Was he cute? *giggles*

I went to the beach yesterday with my Oceanography class. It felt...GOOD and...HEALTHY to be outside in the sun. The feeling stayed with me all day long!
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #12  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

My husband complimented me almost half the day today, Maybe it is a full moon tonight?. He says I am looking great, and is here to encourage me in this( never has said that to me), and said am I thinking of writing a book when I get skinny? lol
This just felt nice. It is a great motivation to keep it up.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #13  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityChick View Post
Well, as of today, I have a little trophy under my name, for running the most miles in June out of a group of about 20 challenge participants (139.61 miles, to be precise).
That's about 4.6 miles per day! What a great accomplishment!

LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Yesterday some friends of my son came over, one of the girls kept asking about how I've lost weight while commenting on how good I look.

This morning I had a Dr's appointment, did not have time to go to Curves so I did the 2 Mile WATP DVD. My doctor changed my medication for High Blood Pressure for the 2nd time in a month. Last month he took me off one medication, and my blood pressure is still running lower than it should, so he lowered the one I'm still on. He even told me "great job, keep it up", he has not always been encourging in the past.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

You runners are just inspiring me. I started to interval some running in my walking a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy to say I haven't dropped over dead yet. The only problem I have is a lot of discomfort in my shins. Do you running women of wisdom have any suggestions? My husband thinks maybe I need some running shoes (I've been wearing cross training New Balance) but I'm just wondering if it's the weight and will get better as the weight comes off.

2.5 miles! 139.6 miles!!! Amazing!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote