Old 07-01-2007, 12:02 AM   #1  

Default Im new here, and trying to get back on track! Need Help!

Hello everyone! My name is Carrie, I am from northern Iowa. I started my weight loss journey back in Jan. of 2006 at 317 lbs. I had one of those "light bulb" moments, and just decided I was going to lose weight, and I did...by Oct. of 06 I was down to 247...but then slowly for some reason, I lost my motivation. I dont know why, because I loved all the compliments I was getting, and how great I felt. ANYWAY, i have so far gained back 15-20 lbs and I need to start over. The problem is, I know I can do it (because I HAVE done it!) but I just can't seem to get started! I am thinking if I belonged to a group, or had an email buddy, someone to hold myself accountable to, it might help. I need people to talk to about this, as its hard to do it alone...so thats why I'm here!!! I would like to become active in this forum and also find a email buddy to chat with that is in a similar situation. Going through this journey with someone has to be better than going at it alone! Hope to hear from some of you soon!
carrielucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Carrie. I'm so very glad that you've found 3FC. I think it may be just what you're looking for. Supportive, friendly, warm, knowledgable, helpful, intelligent and understanding people are what this place is all about. We've got so many threads to help motivate you and keep you accountable. Take a look around. I have found this place incredbily beneficial as I go along my journey. It has been a G-dsend to have people to "speak" with who know exactly what I'm going through. We really are all buddies around here. So, take a look around and post often so that we get to know you and you get to know us.

You have done an amazing job already with your weightloss. I'm glad you're taking the reins back and have decided to get back on track. You CAN do this and we're all here to help you in any way that we can. I look forward to knowing you better and watching your success. Good luck.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:41 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrielucky View Post
by Oct. of 06 I was down to 247...but then slowly for some reason, I lost my motivation. I dont know why, because I loved all the compliments I was getting, and how great I felt. ANYWAY, i have so far gained back 15-20 lbs and I need to start over.
Welcome, Carrie! The reason I quoted you above is to point out that you are NOT starting over. You have maintained within 15-20 pounds for nine months! That's incredible. It is so easy to gain weight back right after you lose it, and it is not uncommon to gain back the original weight and more. I think that maintenance is way underrated when people do it before they hit goal weight, and often not appreciated as much as it should be even then. Though you have gained some of it back, you are still down 50 pounds (if I've done my math correctly). That's an amazing accomplishment, and not one to take lightly.

So - now you're reinvigorated, ready to conquer the weight loss demon that all of us will be fighting the rest of our lives. I get so much from this group of incredible people. I know you will as well.

Laurie

P.S. If you haven't checked out Robin's pictures yet, I would highly suggest you do so. She is amazing!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Most of us can totally identify with the losing motivation midstream and gaining back. This is a great group to help you set yourself back on the right track when you stumble. Welcome!!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Wow, Carrie, you've done amazing work! Good for you! I think that posting and reading here often will give you exactly what you need to keep losing. You might try the "accountability" thread. I think it helps. Anyway, good luck to you and I look forward to getting to know you!

You'll have to give up some of your secrets/tips for how you lost the weight you already lost!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:07 PM   #6  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the forum Carrie! I also agree that you've done a great job in maintaining most of your weight loss - there are many people who would let a 10 lb weight gain snowball into gaining it all back. As far as losing motivation, I think that a majority of people reaches a point in their weight loss journey where they lose focus. I know that I am fighting one right now. But all we can do is just try our best and if we do slip, we have to get right back on track.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #7  

Hi Carrie!!!

lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #8  

Thank you all so much for your support! I started today off by walking for 30 minutes around my neighborhood. I felt really good after I did that. If I can do this 5 times a week I think it will help me out alot, getting back into the habit. That is what I used to do, and I also rode bike a lot. Thank you again for all of your support, and I will be posting often and I look forward to getting to know all of you! What a great group of people!

I found this, thought it was cute!

Don't Quit

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
and forget all about being healthy and thin.
So What! You went over your points a bit,
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
but facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!
- Author Unknown
Old 07-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #9  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Very cute! Thanks for sharing .
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

You'll find lots of support and inspiration at the 100 lb. club.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:53 PM   #11  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi Carrie, and congrats on the weight loss, that is great, and I think that you did the best thing coming here and asking for help. These are a great bunch of people here, and I love coming here for support and inspiration. I know you can do this!!!
Good luck on getting back on track, it is possible, you lost so much , you can loose the rest!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 AM   #12  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Carrie! I'm glad you're here.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Welcome, Carrie! Glad you're here. I think this is going to be just what you need to keep you going. I know it is for me!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hello, Carrie. I just started coming here last week and everyone has been really nice. There's lots of good conversations. I'm from Red Oak, IA. Where are you?
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #15  

Hi Traci! I am in Mason City, in north central Iowa! Great job on your weight loss!