Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 08:53 AM   #1  
October, here I come!

Default Exercise

I joined this site yesterday. I had no idea there was such a forum for overweight women. I don't think I can stay on a diet without support. By the way, what is the number thing for everyone's signature? Start Weight/Current Weight/Goal Weight?

My question was for those of you who are 100 lbs. over weight or more, what kind of exersizes are you doing? I have been trying to walk on a treadmill everyday, for 30 minutes at 3.0 mph, but it is killing me! Are you walking slower, and if so, does the weight still come off?

Amata
283/274/115

Last edited by amata; 12-19-2001 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2001, 12:28 PM   #2  
hot mom wanna be!

Thumbs down Welcome Amata!

I'm from Virginia too! You got the stats correct. It's start/current/goal (sometimes it is your New Years goal or Valentines goal, etc.. to help give us something to try to achieve by a certain date).
I have to admit I dont exercise like I should. So far I have just been counting calories to lose weight. I have been reading that doing 20 minutes three days a week of walking, etc.. will help strengthen the heart but the best exercise is lifting weights. It helps your body build muscle (not bulky just muscle tone). The muscle in turn needs more calories to keep it going each day so a muscular bod burns more calories to stay functioning than a flabby body. In essence you burn more calories around the clock because you have built muscle. I am thinking about joining a gym or the YMCA and get started.

Good luck!
lorelei
313/278/273 new years, 160 ultimate goal!
Old 12-19-2001, 12:34 PM   #3  
October, here I come!

Default Counting Calories

Lorelei,

We are about the same weight. About how many calories do you allow yourself each day?
Old 12-19-2001, 03:16 PM   #4  

Default Welcome Amata

Welcome to 3 FC !!
All of us have various programs we are
following...Weight Watchers, Atkins,
Zone, Sugar Busters, etc.
And we are all following various exercise
regimens (those of us who can).
The idea is to eat less and move more!!
Good luck to you and post often
Old 12-19-2001, 05:29 PM   #5  
hot mom wanna be!

Hi Amata!
I have anywhere from 1600-1800 calories a day. Sometimes 2000 depending on the day. Did you know that your body (I say your since we are about the same weight-wise) needs 2000 calories a day just to keep functioning? I looked it up on a website that has basal metabolism calculators on them. You input your age, sex, and weight and it tells you your score. Mine was approx 2000 a day basal metabolism (doing absolutely nothing-laying on the couch ALL day) and anywhere from 2200-2600 active metabolism depending if you are sedentary or moderately active. So by eating say 1600 calories you get enough to eat but are giving your body atleast a 400 calorie deficit which is close to a pound a week right there. Of course since we do more than stay on the couch all day you burn more doing normal activity. So it seems to make me lose 2-3 pounds a week if I stick with it. You dont want your calories too low or your body will adjust to eating less and slow that metabolism down!
Sorry to write a book, I have been reading a lot on weight loss, etc.. lately.
lorelei
Closed Thread