Old 04-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down Binged all weekend.....starting over today

I frigging binged all weekend, don't ask me why, I just did. Of course I feel horrible after finally accomplishing about 4 days of healthy eating and no binges. I must move forward and not look back!!! I am not quitting. This is such a struggle and fight. And not to mention that I may be getting a foster baby of my cousins. I hope I can hang in there and get back on track and stay there........not just sabatoshing myself by doing good, then horrible, good, then horrible.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

first of all here's a HUG...

now don't hate me but I am going to ask you WHY... women our size have food issues we need to resolve.

I am a former binge eater. I would eat so much I would lay on the floor in pain and pray to find the strength to put my fingers down my throat so i could throw up. I never did... just layed on the kitchen floor sick as a dog till I could move again....

we all have our demons..... you just have to find yours and kill them.

it's hard work. I'm 47 and i was 46 when it finally clicked for me...

I hope you find your peace....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

Good luck! I'm sure you can do it, one set back is not going to change anything in the long run. I've had so many weekends like you've just had but even acknowledging it and posting here shows how well you are doing.

Hope looking after the baby goes well - fostering is such an important thing, it's wonderful that you are able to help the child and your cousin in this way.
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:49 AM   #4  
Trying so hard....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillibeth View Post
Good luck! I'm sure you can do it, one set back is not going to change anything in the long run. I've had so many weekends like you've just had but even acknowledging it and posting here shows how well you are doing.

Hope looking after the baby goes well - fostering is such an important thing, it's wonderful that you are able to help the child and your cousin in this way.
Thank you so much.....for responding..
Old 04-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #5  
Trying so hard....

Thank you for sharing your story with me. It helps me to know I am not alone. Thank you for responding. I already feel some better..
Old 04-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #6  

I am a former binger/restricter and all the shades in between. All the girls gave you advice. Although I never purged , i did overexercixed (one form of purging).... I Hope you that you find your balance!
carolva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

You can do this. Yesterday is yesterday don't look back look forward. Maybe make mini 10 lbs. goals. I don't set dates I concentrate on 10 lbs at a time.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:42 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You're right, you must never quit.

I don't know how long you have been attempting this. I can tell you that for me the first 3 weeks were really, really hard. You kinda just must stick with it anyway that you can. Get your mind off the food. I found for me in the first few weeks that a simple journal was a lifesaver. I wrote in there all the reasons for wanting to lose the weight. When I was having cravings I would reread it and add to it. It really helped me a lot. I still use it. Exercise, read, clean the house, take a walk,drink some hot tea, do a puzzle, watch TV - anything - to just get you past those first few weeks. After that it really does get much easier. you start to look/feel better. The cravings practically stop. You start seeing a drop in the scale. All these things will propel you to keep going on. You just must make that DECISION that no matter what - you will stick to your plan. I know it's hard, but it is doable and so very worth it. The rewards far outweigh the sacrifices. Good luck.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #9  
Trying so hard....

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
You're right, you must never quit.

I don't know how long you have been attempting this. I can tell you that for me the first 3 weeks were really, really hard. You kinda just must stick with it anyway that you can. Get your mind off the food. I found for me in the first few weeks that a simple journal was a lifesaver. I wrote in there all the reasons for wanting to lose the weight. When I was having cravings I would reread it and add to it. It really helped me a lot. I still use it. Exercise, read, clean the house, take a walk,drink some hot tea, do a puzzle, watch TV - anything - to just get you past those first few weeks. After that it really does get much easier. you start to look/feel better. The cravings practically stop. You start seeing a drop in the scale. All these things will propel you to keep going on. You just must make that DECISION that no matter what - you will stick to your plan. I know it's hard, but it is doable and so very worth it. The rewards far outweigh the sacrifices. Good luck.
Thank you, I needed to hear that.........
Old 04-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

I've had those wekend too, I find drinking LOTS of water and a little extra exercise helps a lot. I feel better and by the end of the week the scales are not as bad as I expect.
Don't beat yourself up, start anew today!
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Most of us have been exactly where you are now....just keep going. This journey is not a smooth easy road, but things wont always be so difficult...you will have easier times too...so, just hang in there through this time. If you don't already do so, I recommend you start journaling and begin with writing down exactly how you feel about your weekend and some possible reasons why this happened. The next time you feel a binge coming on, just read what you've written today. The reminder of how horrible your binge left you feeling might be all it takes to prevent another binge.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #12  
Believe

Most of us go through periods where we fall off track and there is a good chance it will happen to you again so it's important that you keep that mentality that you're not going to quit no matter how many times you might fall! Weekends seem to be harder than other days for a lot of people also, so in addition to the advise you've already been given I would suggest that you make Monday your "official" weigh in day. That will help keep you more accountable over the coming weekends and it will help you resist temptations. Also, I don't know what program you're on - but it could be that you need to allow yourself a few treats during the week (keep in mind, when I say treats I'm talking about healthier treats - a piece of dark chocolate, 1/2 cup of ice cream...not a big piece of chocolate cake!). That way you might not feel the need to binge on the weekend.

Good luck! It's not going to be easy, but you can do it!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Don't have anything to add to the excellent advice you've gotten. Glad that you stopped and are posting instead of eating.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote