Are You Committed? April 16 - 22

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good morning, 3FC Friends! Hope your weekend was great and you're ready for a committed on-plan week. Please join me by sharing your committments and helping to keep each other going down the the right path.

After weeks of lukewarm to frigid committment, I somehow found my "switch" this weekend! No, there wasnt one single defining moment...just a realization that time was passing quickly and my progress was in a major stall! I'm tired and sluggish again, not sleeping well, having constant indigestion and stomach problems, having mood swings and my self-esteem is low. A couple of months ago, I was feeling on top of the world...physically and mentally. I want that again!

After months of reading the posts and following our 3FC friends progress, I've decided to re-vamp my plan. I'm still following a lot of the Southbeach plan, however, I've decided to track my calories, too. I'm hoping to rev up my body and start steadily losing pounds and inches. No more yo-yo!!

Today's committment - track every bite on Fitday.
  • Good morning!! I am committed too! I had a couple of days over the past week where I was "looking" for something - good thing I didn't have anything here! I ended up (both times) eating an extra handful of nuts - not terrible, but I still don't get what the deal was?? Anyhow.....I am COMMITTED. I want to see the 2-teens and I am only 6 pounds from them.
  • You ladies are awesome - - definitely have a never say die attitude.

I ended up skipping my weigh-in last week - I was pretty sure it was not going to be what I wanted - so I decided to postpone it....

I am bound an determined - I am not going to let anything bring me down.

My weekend was not the best by far - today is a new day - new me....

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!
  • I'm committed with you ladies! I walked by a plate of donuts and a plate of bagels this morning, and I didn't even bat an eyelash. I had a great on plan weekend and I want to continue it through the week. So I am commited!

Yup Penney, we CAN do this!!!
  • I'm in
    Okay, I am along for the ride. I have to stick with this...I want to get down to a size 18 (250) by July. I cant slip up. Every day/week counts!

Short Term Goal:
  • Hi 3FC Friends! So glad to see so many of us are committed.

I did okay with yesterday's committment to track everything on Fitday(I'm giving myself a learning curve!) Hubby made a salad for dinner last night, but didnt measure the ingredients for the dressing. It was all guess work from there, but I think I stayed well within my calorie range. If anything, I've discovered how difficult it is to eat at least 1200 calories a day. I wonder how little I was eating before when I was on-plan?

Today's committment: Continue to track everything on Fitday, plus drink at least 64 oz of water.
  • Im in!! With my new goal to lose about 40ish pounds by my birthday i am PSYCHED!

I can wait to be my skinny healthy self again!!
  • Yep - committed here. Had my steel cut oats and berries already today and am on my 2nd glass of water already! Walking is great now that the weather has broken!!
  • Count me in I'm totally commited. I struggle every day though. My new friend is sugar free jello!
  • Still committed! I wish it would warm up here again so I can go for a nice long walk. It's been so cold and rainy lately. It's supposed to be nice this weekend though.

My goal for today is to get at least 3 servings of fruits and veggies, and to drink 80 ounces of water.
  • I'm in - I did pretty good yesterday. I was just pretty exhausted - so I did not exercise, but I ran errands yesterday evening and walked everywhere! For some reason I am getting next to no sleep lately.

So exercise of some kind tonight is on the agenda - so far my food is good, I just need to pick up on the water today!
  • Good morning, Everyone! Hope you are staying committed and making progress.

Well, I threw in the towel on the counting calories. I found myself obsessing too much about food! I'm glad counting calories works very well for some of you...but, I just cant do it forever. So, I'm back on my Southbeach plan and starting back with exercising today.

Today's committment - Exercise! My goal is an hour on the treadmill at lunch. Its been a while....wish me luck!
  • Good luck with the treadmill Rhonda!!

I am committed!! I weigh in on Friday, and I REALLY want to get closer to the 2-teens! jenny and I will be there SOON!
  • Yesterday I kind of veered off track. I had an encounter with a brownie and some potato chips. But I exercised and drank my water, and I'm back on track today.
  • Good morning! We made it through hump day and are headed into the weekend...how's your week going so far?

Mrs Quadcrew - those 2teens are just around the corner. How exciting!
    Tiffany - Those darn brownies and chips! Brownies will get me every time! Hope yesterday was a better day for you.
    Penney, bigjewel, Millie and RoyalAthena....how are things going for you?

I met yesterday's committment of an hour on the treadmill. I was expecting it to be really difficult, but it wasnt so bad. I did feel the burn in the butt muscles...which is a very good thing! I weighed again this morning. Why do I do that to myself?! I know that those darn scales can really negatively impact my mind set. The scales showed a 1 1/2 increase from yesterday and I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I know its most likely water weight from yesterday's workout...or just normal hormonal fluctuations. I just wish I had waited to step on the scales until my weekly weigh-in on Monday. I know better!

Today's committment: Only on-plan foods....no comforting with food!