3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm Back! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/109854-im-back.html)

LisaMarie71 04-14-2007 07:50 PM

I'm Back!

I've been out of town for the whole week and haven't had internet access, and I doubt I'll have time to catch up on all these threads I've been neglecting!! Let me tell you, not only have I been gone from this site, I have also been a bit off track with my plan! I was on plan about a third of the time and off the rest. I've been at my mom's for most of the week, but all the females in my family decided to rent a cabin in Tennessee for three days earlier in the week and I went a little crazy with eating (including today). I did manage to get in four runs this week and a very hilly walk near the cabin. I feel horrible, though, when I'm off plan, and I honestly can't wait to get home and get it back together and start losing again. I believe I gained a couple of pounds, but we'll see when I get home (I'm at my brother's tonight and will be back home tomorrow).

Anyway, just wanted to check in and let you guys know where I've been, in case you thought I dropped off the planet. Please tell me I'll get right back on plan and start losing again with no problem!! I need support because I'm terrified of getting off track and not getting back on!!! I hope everyone's doing well, and I'll catch up on all my usual threads as soon as I can! :)

boaterswife 04-14-2007 08:44 PM

Welcome home! You took a little vaca from home and from being on plan, but you can hop right back on! I'm sure as soon as you are home you'll be back in your routine and losing in no time!

Slashnl 04-14-2007 09:39 PM

Glad you're back!! You were definitely missed!!

becoming wisdom 04-14-2007 09:41 PM

Lisa, it's good to hear from you again! Glad you had such fun!

IMHO the two big factors to long-term success (okay, a little early for me to preach!) are, being determined to stick with healthy habits for life, and being able to take the occasional SHORT holiday, as appropriate.

You reconnected with your family:celebrate: by eating with them, added in some exercise:running:, and saw the whole thing as the exception not the rule. Great holiday patterns!:sunny: Now you're back to home rules, you're already reaching out to your support system:coach::kickbutt::grouphug:, and getting yourself geared up to go back on plan:crossed:. So far, so good!

You've said you feel horrible when your'e off-plan, so for sure you'll be back on in no time!:goodscale And since you got in 4 runs, you won't have become an elephant just yet!:moo: Will it help, to stay focused on how much easier it will be to walk or run, the lighter you get:df:? And maybe it's a good thing to fear losing any hard-won ground, because that'll for sure help you stay focused:mag:?

Family gatherings are often tough when you're learning a new lifestyle, and you should definitely give yourself a big pat on the back for the way you've handled it!:bravo:

( I went crazy with smilies today - tomorrow I'll get back on-plan to be a 'good' forum member!;))

SexyRevealed 04-15-2007 08:46 AM

Welcome back!!!

Becoming wisdom said it better than I ever could. But you know that it was vacation and it was fun, now it's back to reality (in all facets of your life).

rockinrobin 04-15-2007 03:16 PM

Yes, yes of course - you WILL get right back on track and start losing again. That's a big affirmative. Got it? Good. You were most definitely missed. Sounds like you had a lovely ole' time.

Lisamarie, this is really what it's all about. You go a few days off plan for WHATEVER reason, lord knows there's plenty of um and yours was an exceptional one at that, you somehow manage to run 4 of the days and then you get back into the swing of things, getting the eating right back on track. I honestly can see this happening over and over and over again in the years ahead of us. And that's perfectly okay. As long as we never, ever let days slip into weeks, into months into years. We're done with that. No more. It's just not an option anymore. What you did is perfectly normal. A new normal to us no doubt. But that's what healthy weight people do. That's what you do.

melsfolly 04-15-2007 03:24 PM

Welcome back! I think you should be proud of yourself for staying on program at least 1/3 of the time and for getting in some exercise!! So many people would have used a trip like that as an excuse to go completely off program!! If you gain a little you'll knock it right back off. But you may be surprised because sometimes we don't fall off program as bad as we think we did - it more a case of any diversity from the norm seems soooo big!

LisaMarie71 04-15-2007 07:25 PM

Thank you so much for all the encouraging words, you guys! It was EXACTLY what I needed, and you'll be pleased to know that I'm back on plan today. I've written down everything I've eaten, I'm sticking to my WW points target, and I worked out instead of using the rain as an excuse (I wanted to run but instead did a step aerobics video). I knew I could get right back on plan, because I was very aware of my plan the whole week and I never really lost sight of my goals. I'm so glad I could come right back to 3FC and get the support I knew would be here for me. It gives me strength. Thank you!! :grouphug:

GirlyGirlSebas 04-16-2007 09:02 AM

Welcome back, Lisa! So glad to see that you found your way back on-plan, too. I never doubted that you would!

lisavs 04-16-2007 09:25 PM

welcome back lisa :) (great name btw lol) you will definitly be able to be back on track and start up again. youve come this far which is amazing. i know you can do it. keep up the good work!!!