Having a total WOW moment!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Today I set down to take a break (I have a home based business) at 3pm.. I fixed a huge glass of water and drank it.. and then started feeling restless.. like I had.. this... what???? what is it!!?? Wait for it.....ENERGY!!! I was so excited I went for a walk! 35min... I can't believe that feeling.. I have not had that in years..

Wow... what happened to spring here.. it is already almost 90deg.. the heat is another reason I have to do this... I just don't do well in it anymore..

Hey.. I am ONE pound away from my 40 pounds lost mark!!!!!
    I am about to cry..
  • Good for you!!! I know what you mean - I can't believe the energy I have now. It's wonderful!! And it's just going to get better!
  • Liz..
    you are right around my stats (doing better than me!).. and we are the same height.. How do you feel to be so close to 199?

I, even being 18 pounds away am SO excited.. it has been 11 years since I was under 200... I have found myself wanting to just STOP eating until I see that 199..

What are you going to do when you hit it?
    Cary
  • Oh Cary, I am sooo happy for you. I know that same exact feeling. I also have a home business. My break at 3:00 used to mean me falling asleep on the couch. No more. In fact at 3:00 is when I head out side for my 2nd walk of the day. This new found energy is STUPENDOUS!!!!!

Okay, so what are YOU going to do when you hit one - nine - nine? I've seen you ask it a few times. Start thinking, because you'll be there before you know it.
  • So... Rockin... you do two walks a day!!
    that is excellent.. do you listen to music? I have
    books on tape I am really enjoying...

I think I will start twice a day walks.. maybe Monday,
    Wednesday, (today can be my first Wednesday!) and Fridays..

I guess for my 199 I am going to fall on the floor and bawl!! My husband was joking the other day that he is going to tape a bunch of people cheering (like from live concerts) and play it for me when it happens!.. I thought that was funny...

I know when I get to my goal I am going to go on a cruise..

so has your weight loss slowed since you are so close to goal?
    Cary
  • Hi Cary. I aim for 2 walks a day. Like I said I work from my home, basically I try to keep it to a scheduele, which is 10:00 til 3:00. I most always go out after 3, and very often before 10. But definitely not always. Today it was. It is not my only source of exercise though. And trust me, I didn't start out that way.

As for the weight slowing down as I get closer to goal, it has it's moments. It varies greatly. The past 3 weeks have been quite good, others, not so much. I keep trying to mix things up a bit, add a little more exercise and stuff to try and keep it moving along. I'm really not all that close to goal yet. I suspect it will slow down to a turtle's crawl as I get closer and closer. I surely can't wait to find out.

I too cried when I hit the 199 mark. It was so very emotional for me. The big "mini" goals of mine have all been that way for me. Your DH sounds really supportive and quite proud of you as well he should.
  • Robin..
    I know what you mean about "mixing" it up..
    I love exercise videos and DVD's.. I did a FIRM leg workout on Monday and yesterday I could hardly walk.. it's funny.. I have been walking (pretty hard) for months and doing 25 min of lunges and squats just about killed me.. guess I have to add that to my schedule some!!!

I am hitting my 40 pound mark in one pound... that is going to be a big day for me... there are so many things that are already better.. no back pain.. (I used to have constant lower back pain) and much less foot pain (I have arthritis in my left foot)...

thank you for your posts.. I find your accomplishment so far very inspiring..
    119 pounds lost.. that is so wonderful! and a size 10... you go girl!!!
  • Wow, Cary, that's awesome! And Robin is correct, you'll be in onederland before you know it, so start planning now! How exciting for you! I cried buckets when I got on the scale and it read 199, I can't wait for you to experience it too.

As for the books on tape, how do you like them for your walks? I've been tossing around the idea of putting one on my ipod for my walks, then deleting and replacing it with a new one when finished with the first, etc. The only thing that has stopped me is that I tend to walk to some fast paced music because it seems that I end up matching my pace to the beat of the music....do you find yourself slowing down to the dialogue?
  • Well I do catch myself from time to time walking at a lower pace.. but I always just step it up again right then.. I think for me it is a trade out because they REALLY make me want to walk. I want to know what's going on!.. I do pretty well with them... right now I have tapes (I get them cheap on ebay and used on amazon.com). I want to buy an ipod just for this reason.. do you just download the book from the ipod site? the only thing that is keeping me from it is really not knowing where to find the books on mp3.

Thanks for posting!!!
    Cary
  • You can download books from iTunes - but they are quite expensive $5-$10 each for most of them. I can borrow stories on tape and CD from my local public library, maybe yours has this service to.

I see you have already made it to your 40 pound mark - CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy the journey to 199!
  • Congrats
  • Cary - I am SO excited about hitting 199!! (finally!!!) I think the last time I was in the 1's was probably at least 10 years ago...just before I entered university. I don't have anything planned yet to celebrate but I'm thinking it will include clothes shopping!! How about you, anything planned for it yet?
  • Liz!!!!!!

you are ALMOST there!!!!!!!
    I am tearing up a little just thinking about how you are going to feel.

I am not sure yet what I want to do.. I have many ideas swirling around in my head.. I am sure as I get closer I will decide..

so have you set a goal date for the last 5 pounds?
    we should set a goal together.. you will obviously get there before me.. but we could encourage each other..

I set up a spreadsheet for myself.. for me I am going for two pounds one week, one pound the next week, then two pounds, then one.. etc.. for like 6 pounds a month.. I KNOW I can lose it faster and am very tempted from time to time to cut WAY back.. but I have learned my lesson about that.. it does not work in the long haul..

So?
    going for two pounds next week?
    Have a great day!
    Cary
  • Hey Liz..
    I just realized you are HALF way there!
    55 pounds lost and 55 for goal..
    that's got to feel so very, very good!
    Cary
  • Hi Cary!!

Yeah I was pretty excited when I saw that I was 1/2 way....although I may adjust my goal weight downwards, more along the lines of where you are. My sister who is the same height as me weights about 135, and I would LOVE to look like her!!

I would love to encourage each other! Who knows, you might get there before me because this 5 lbs has been kicking my butt. LOL My goal date is April 26th, because that is my doctor's appointment, and I know he will be SO proud of me. He's great that way. I weighed in at 203 this am (I only change my ticker on Tuesdays) so I think I can do it!

I think I will definitely get emotional....I know 199 is still an awful lot to weigh for a woman who is 5'4"...but still....I know you know what I mean!

HEY, I see that you made the 40 lb mark!! WTG!!!!!