OK, let me explain. I was attempting to pump myself up for tomorrow's follow up doctor visit; some of you may remember the nightmare appointment I had in December with my doc's nurse practitioner, so I thought a little bit of extra umph would help me prepare. I was reading through some old posts from my first weeks on plan, and ran across a short list I made of reasons why I was staying on plan, and here it is:
1. I want to look in the mirror and only see ONE chin!
2. I want to shop for the cute clothes in the missy department, not be limited to the plus size items I can find!
3. I want to chase my kiddos around and not get out of breath!
4. I want to climb out of the lake onto the back of our boat and have it look EASY!
5. I want to see old friends and have them say "Damn, girl! You look GOOD!"
After reading through the list I almost started to cry. I've done these things. Everything on this list has been accomplished, and so much more. This was my initial "dream" list, and I think at that time I was realistically hoping to check one or two items off that list SOMEDAY. Some day is here...and as incredible as it seems, I need a new list! Yes, I know we do the daily reasons to stay on plan, but this is the big daddy, the things we think of while we're lying in bed at night trying to go to sleep, those dreams that keep us going. So here is my new short list of reasons, self indulgent or not, the dreams that keep me going...
1. I want to be 80 and have my DH still chase me around the bed.
2. I want to be a great grandma some day.
3. I want to walk on the beach and not be embarrassed by how my swimming suit looks on me (I'm much closer to this one, but still a bit to go!), or better yet, not feel like I need to put a swimsuit cover-up on.
4. I want to water ski again. I haven't done it in too many years to count.
5. I want to run a marathon. Just a short one, but I still want to do it. I haven't ran anywhere since high school PE class.
There are many, many more reasons, but these are just a few that popped into my brain right away, through the tears of joy from reading the old list. I'm no longer willing to settle for checking one or two items off the list. I want it all. ALL.