Ok I just made a HUGE pot of...

• well I was playing with the idea of doing a detox... and at the last moment say "nah" lol
    so i had all these veggies to make the broth that I am supose to live off of for 7 days...
    greens,brocoli,carrots,pepper,beets, ect ect ect.. all the veggies i HATE to eat lol... well.. i did make the broth but I added a grilled chicken breast chopped up, and some purple hull peas , mushrooms and some brown rice...
    so now instead of fasting for 7 days.. ill have a great tasting (im shocked ) and super healthy dinner for a few days
    just thought i would share
  • Oh good choice! That sounds really tasty.
    I think that will help you more than going without for however many days. You need nourishment to keep up with kids!!
  • MM that does sound good. I made a homemade veggie broth for something and I had all these leftover veggies so the next day I threw those in a pot with some chicken breast, chicken broth, eggnoodles an a couple of spices it was a yummy homemade chicken noodle soop. The calories weren't that bad either. It's a home on my master cook or I'd let you know for sure
  • Sometimes, when I make a veggie soup[ and don't want DH to know exactly what is in it, I will puree it. He eats it and loves it so I think it's just the mind that can't get past some of the flavors.
  • Oh too bad you don't like those veggies! I would be in *heaven* as I love all of them. But, at least you are making good use of them. You may find you like them better than you thought! Happy eating!
  • Sounds great. I LOVE soup! My husband thinks it's getting to warm out to be soup weather but I just can't agree with that! In fact, tonight we had a FABULOUS Italian Sausage Soup with homemade whole wheat bread. The kids were in heaven! hahaha Just shows what DH knows sometimes!
  • Oh wow - that sounds wonderful! Since we got back to cold and rainy weather here - I am seriously liking the sound of what you made. I have never heard of purple hull peas though - think I could find some in the frozen food section?
  • Quote: Oh wow - that sounds wonderful! Since we got back to cold and rainy weather here - I am seriously liking the sound of what you made. I have never heard of purple hull peas though - think I could find some in the frozen food section?
    ya know... they almost look exactly like black eyed peas lol... yea at my kroger they have them in the frozen food section
  • Thanks - I am going to look for them at Bloom.