OT - Pirates of the Caribbean

• Okay this is a question for fans of these 2 movies. In the second movie the monkey is still cursed and can't be killed. Why would the monkey be cursed to begin with? I thought that the crew was cursed because they had stolen the Aztec gold and to become uncursed they all had to bleed for it. They wanted Will because his dad was murdered before he could spill his blood over the gold so they wanted his blood and that was all they needed to become uncursed along with the last of the gold. So if all the others became uncursed why didn't the monkey also become uncursed? Like it's not like the pirates could become uncursed one at a time, either they were all uncursed or none of them were. Can anyone enlighten me on this subject?
  • I wondered the same thing.
  • Because after the credits run (in the 1st movie), the monkey is seen back in the cave stealing a gold piece back out of the chest.
  • Oh Nori, thanks so much!!!! I never watched the credits all the way to the end to see that.
  • Yeah I swore that the monkey took one but I just couldn't remember. Now I do.
  • Aha. Now I'll have to watch it again. (or at least watch the credits.) Thanks for clearing it up.
  • Wow! Thanks for clearing it up. I was wondering about the monkey, too. I'll have to go back and watch the credits. I thought maybe it was something that would be explained in the third movie.
  • LOL well as most people know here, I am johnny depps step sister, however i really dont watch his movies, secret windows, made me crazy...so just gave up...