Breakthrough moment and such joy!

• I just about cried last night when I realized for the very first time that I finally feel like I'm winning this battle. I no longer feel like food is controlling me. I'm controlling it. And I actually LIKE to go the gym. I feel great. We took the kids to the children's museum yesterday and I wasn't out of breath pulling their wagon up hills. It was amazing.

And someone who knows nothing about my efforts told me I looked like I had lost a lot of weight last week. It made me feel like a million bucks.

I'm starting to believe that I can do this. I can find the healthy me trapped inside this mess of a body. I'm so thankful to 3FC for helping me stay on track. I'm not sure I could do it alone.

Monica
  • Monica - congratulations!
  • Congratulations, Monica! It is truly a wonderful feeling and once we know that we are in control, we wonder how we ever weren't in control in the first place! Well, that's true for me at least. The eating has been the easy part of this for me...and I'm still hoping to one day enjoy exercise!
  • Congratulations Monica! What an awesome feeling!
  • Monica, what a great job!

Actually getting to a gym with full-time care of triplets, that's pretty impressive, too! And I think you might give your body some credit for being amazing enough to bring those triplets into this world; so many people could never do that! Still, being trapped in a body that doesn't reflect your verve and energy - we've all been there, and some of us still are. Your feeling so much better after 16 lbs lost, is going to be inspiring to a lot of us just starting out, I think! Not to mention being under 100 lbs left to goal....

Isn't it wonderful, when friends notice? Get used to it, you're about to get flooded with more of that, just keep going, girl!
  • That is truly so good to hear. I'm currently fighting the same battle. And I hope to one day feel the same way you do.

You really are an inspiration.
  • Yay Monica! I agree, this forum is making me feel like it really is possible. Congrats!!!
  • Monica, Doesn't it feel great knowing that we can control our weight and our food! Congratulations!!
  • I have to agree - this site has DEFINITELY been my anchor this time around. I have a determination and an excitement that I have NEVER had before when I have attempted weight loss. Congratulations on your new-found "freedom."
  • Hi Monica! You've found your hope again! That's awesome! Congrautulations!