What to do about MIA 3FC's?

• I've been posting quite a bit here on 3FC, and I've noticed that there are a few previous friends who have disappeared. I guess that's how it goes, but I wondered if those who have been on this site longer have ever tried to reach out to those missing from the threads? It is funny that you notice those who no longer add their comments.

I like the anonymity of this site, but I also feel a little worry about some of these missing chicks.

Have any of you sent PM's to see where they went? Just curious. Maybe you just have to wait and hope they come back!!
  • I know what you mean. Missing for me meant that I was off plan and back to my old habits. As dedicated as we all are, it could happen to any of us that something happens and we completely fall off.

I'm not sure what we could do besides send a PM. But if I ever go missing, PLEASE put out an APB on me. Write, call, whatever, to yank my butt back to this board!
  • Well, if chicks don't log on, they'll never see your PM.

MODs have access to people's registration email. When I've been particularly worried about someone, I send an email and sometimes get a response. It's sad but people do lose interest and come and go.

Some groups have PM'd email addresses to each other.
  • If they have their user cp set up to get an email if you PM them, they'll get that - so it might be worth a try if you're missing them.
  • It's funny that you mentioned this. I was just thinking about that, especially since Goddess Jessica I believe it was pulled up the Resolutions Thread. I don't have any experience with this myself, as once I found this place you were all doomed to hear from me - and often. I haven't missed a day.

But I suppose it's because people have fallen off the wagon. It's sad because we all fall off the wagon from time to time. It scares me a bit though, some of those people were so gung ho. I hope they know that they are always, always welcome to come back and that they'd be greeted with open arms no matter how hard a fall they've had. I have thought about PMing a couple of them, but I didn't want to invade their privacy. But then again I don't want them to think that I don't care. It's a fine line. Ruth mentioned that of course they have to log on to see their PM, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them lurked so they are most likely logged on and I know when I get a PM I also get email notifacation of it, so even if I didn't log on (G-d forbid) I would see it.

And like Tiffany said, gosh you made me laugh Tiffany - if I'm MIA please, please call the FBI or something, cause it means something is terribly, terribly wrong.

For those of you have been MIA and you know who you are - we'd love to hear from you. Please let us know how you're doing.
  • For me, being MIA does not always mean I've fallen off the wagon. It sometimes means I'm in the midst of the occasional stretch of 60+ hour work weeks, that I had to run to my sister's or parents' for something (both are a minimum of 3 hours away), or that I'm just very busy.

I occasionally leave for a bit because of reading too much negativity, and it gets to me (things like chicks weighing less than 200 pounds complaining about how they're the ugliest/fattest thing in the world, chicks saying they can't find a romantic partner because of their weight, chicks who constantly snap at me when I try to offer advice, etc.). I know the only way to battle the negativity is to stay and read the positive posts and to add some of my own, but occasionally, it DOES get overwhelming to me, and stepping away for a while sometimes helps.
  • I actually get notified via email when I get a pm, so maybe other people do the same. Then they don't need to log on here to know people from 3fc care.
  • Quote: I actually get notified via email when I get a pm, so maybe other people do the same.
    I don't--I chose the option not to. I get so many emails (so much junk!) that I'd probably not even notice it
  • Quote: For me, being MIA does not always mean I've fallen off the wagon. It sometimes means I'm in the midst of the occasional stretch of 60+ hour work weeks
    Same here - I was a stay-at-home-mom when I started here on 3FC and now am working long hours outside of the home and then coming home to my family and busy here as well. I simply don't have the luxury of much online time these days. I am changing jobs in 2 weeks though and the pace will slow down and I'll be able to follow along more from work. It does help me during the day to stay on course when I can read all the helpful and motivating posts here!
  • I just want to take this opportunity to say a big "Thank You!" to those of you who have been "faithful" to this board. I need to hear about your journeys...to hear about the struggles as well as the scale and NSV victories. This is what makes this board so special to me. I feel like I am getting to know some of you and watching your journey helps me to keep trying. I am saddened to see so many posters who no longer join us. So, if you're lurking, please know that you are missed.
  • I think it's important to know that you're missed - whether it be because you fell off the bandwagon or overworked at the chuckwagon. There's nothing wrong with letting other chicks know that they are important to you.

And yes, it's sad when people go their separate ways (for whatever reasons) but there is usually a fresh batch of people who need love and support as well.