3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What % of fat, protein and carbs are present in your diet? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/109183-what-%25-fat-protein-carbs-present-your-diet.html)

Dawn2Dusk 04-06-2007 04:27 PM

What % of fat, protein and carbs are present in your diet?

Do you make sure there is a certain percentage of all three things present in your diet? If so, what are they?

nelie 04-06-2007 04:45 PM

It really depends on how I'm eating. Right now, I'm not eating a lot of meat so my carbs are way up but they are also mostly veggie based and some grain/legumes.

For fat, I try to keep it under 30%, preferably closer to 20%. In the past, I've eaten up to 40% protein but I don't think I've gone higher than that.

I like to tweak my foods every once in a while so really it changes. I don't like a heavy carb diet if it is mostly grains but I don't mind it if it is mostly veggies.

Charbar 04-06-2007 05:08 PM

I am by no means a great dieter... but I try :)

According to fitday.com for the past month here are my stats:
carbs 46%
fat 34%
protein 20%

for the past 2 weeks:
carbs 42%
fat 37%
protein 1%

past week:
carbs: 44%
fat: 36%
protein: 21%

If I could change anything about fitday.com it would be to get rid of the fat/carb/protein % wheel. I don't think it helps me much visually.

I prefer to look at my Nutrition info.

Hope this helps.

mandalinn82 04-06-2007 05:17 PM

I've been trying to push up the protein for energy/fullness/additional strength, so for the past week:

Fat: 19%
Carbs: 49%
Protein: 32%

meowee 04-06-2007 05:27 PM

Well . . . kind of depends on how you look at it . . . my goal is more or less 25% fat / 50% carb / 25% protein from a 'gross-carbs' point of view. If you look at it from the angle of 'net-carbs' (i.e., subtract the fibre before figuring everything out); it is more like 27% fat / 45% carb / 28% protein.

PS -- although I don't use Fitday, I think I once discovered (from looking at other people's records) that they are 'doing' net-carbs. Because the mathematics doesn't work otherwise. Can anybody verify that?

mandalinn82 04-06-2007 05:36 PM

Meowee - I am giving numbers based on the % calories in my diet from each source. Since fiber carries no calories, the % of calories from carbs in my diet don't include fiber. The fitday calculation is % of total calories, so it also excludes fiber, which means its calculating your % of total calories based on net carbs.

Christina7806 04-06-2007 07:20 PM

I find I do best with no less than 30% protein, 40-45% carbs and no LESS than 25% fat...only 7% saturated. I also make sure I have at LEAST 35 grams of fiber a day. I am very strict with these except when I donate blood and on Saturdays which are my "off plan" days. Good luck!