Old 04-13-2007, 10:50 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 280/255/154

Height: 5' 6"

Back in 1995 there was this T-shirt I really wanted in the gift shop of one of the colleges I was thinking about attending. They didn't have an X-large. My younger sister also liked the t-shirt and bought it in a large. When she decided to get rid of the shirt sometime later, I grabbed it and stuck it in with my stuff, thinking "someday I'm going to wear that shirt".

And last night I discovered it fits.

Kilmeny
Kilmeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:50 AM   #122  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, Jennylou! I think I need to get used to the fact that most of them have no bedside manners at all.....they're just full of themselves!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Wow, Kelly. Your Doctor is TOUGH! I would think she would cheer your success thus far. Cheer yourself by being glad she is just your Doctor and not your MOM! Can you imagine????

WTG Kilmeny on the shirt fitting!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #124  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm home today and as DH was leaving, he told me I looked skinny and my arms are thinning out. He is awesome

After he left though, I decided to try on my size 18 misses petite pants and they buttoned! They even zipped up a little. I probably need to lose 10-15 more lbs to feel comfortable wearing them but I can't believe I'm so close to leaving plus sizes behind forever.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #125  
Losin' it forever!

Yay Nelie! That must be a wonderful feeling!!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

It's so much fun to read all these wonderful NSVs!!

Kelly, I'm so proud of you for not letting your doctor visit derail you! To me, that's an incredible accomplishment. Is there any way you could change doctors? If she's that clueless about such a big change in your life, then I'd be afraid she wouldn't notice other health-related things.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #127  
Kelly M

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! Life has been in the way lately and I haven't been visiting multiple times a day like I always have, yet when I stop by everyone is still so encouraging. School will be out soon and I'll be able to spend more time here, and that always makes me happy!

Sheila, yes, I've been contemplating that same thing. Due to our insurance we can only change doctors during the annual enrollment period from December 15 thru January 5, so I'll hang on temporarily, but come December I'm outta there!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #128  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterswife View Post
Yesterday I was feeling a bit down after my doctor's appointment. She didn't have anything BAD to say, the problem was more that she didn't say anything at all (about the 73 pounds I've lost since I saw her last) until I asked a couple questions as she was walking out the door. She told me that I'm still overweight and need to lose more. No kidding, I already knew that! In the past I would have cheered myself up by eating something that wasn't too healthy. Instead of that, I went home and fixed my normal lunch of a sandwich, carrots, pickles and fruit. I satisfied my hunger, but did not feed my mood! Later last night I was still feeling sort of blah and was watching a bit of TV, without even thinking I changed into my workout clothes and got on the elliptical while I watched the rest of the program. So the NSV for me? I didn't let someone else's opinion derail the improvments I was making for me, and it felt good!

Kelly, I'm sorry but there's something wrong with your Dr. What an insensitive, stupid moron. She should have been praising you up and down, left and right, telling you what an incredible job you have done and what an improvement you have made to your life. AND how DIFFICULT a thing it is that you are tying (and succeeding) at doing. Where's Dr. Oz? And Dr. Marcus Welby? Why can't they all be like that? Grrrrr. I'm so glad you didn't let her get the best of you.

Great going to everyone else. These are just fabulous NSV'S.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Well, I was all ready to put in about your doctor - but I see I'm not alone in my frame of mind. She was out of line, plain & simple. She is supposed to be working WITH you & for you.

By the way 73 lbs lost is TERRIFIC!!!!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:09 AM   #130  
karrier

S/C/G: 265/239/130

Height: 5'3"

Talking

When I started 7 Jan, I fit into a size 24 -26.
Yesterday I fit into (a bit tight but zipped up) a pair of size 20 dress pants.
Whoo hoo!!!
karrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:47 PM   #131  
Kelly M

Thanks again, Robin and Lifeguard, that doc is on her way out. As soon as December rolls around I'll have a new doctor. I'm going to spend the next 6 months talking to friends and family about their doctors and what they like/dislike about them, and hopefully I'll make a good choice when the time comes!

As far as NSV's go, last night I was home alone....DH was at work, DS out with friends, DD doing a sleepover at a friend's house....just me and the dog were home. I went into the bedroom to grab a sweatshirt out of the closet and ended up going on a clothing binge...you know, the kind where you get obsessive and try on every piece of clothing in your closet? Well, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a couple items I bought within the last few weeks hoping to wear this summer now fit! They're still a little snug, but they should be just right in another couple weeks! Woo Hoo!
Old 04-14-2007, 02:59 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 342/326/180

Height: 5'9

Well this is my first time to post in the NSV. I went to the doctor the other day because I had an ear infection and I told them to go ahead and draw my blood to do a full profile because I was curious about my cholesterol. Well I got the results and my cholesterol scores were amazing. My over all score was a 90. My bad cholesterol was only a 16. I think that my doctor was surprised and so was I!! I know that this is for non scale but I also lost 3 more pounds!!!!
mandy27613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #133  
Kelly M

Wow, Mandy! Awesome cholesterol scores! Your doctor must be THRILLED and I'm sure you are too....keep up the great work!
Old 04-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #134  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Wonderful NSV's guys! And Kelly, I'm so sorry that you had that experience with your doctor!

I finally had a NSV - actually I had 2 this week. After 70 lbs. someone finally noticed that I've lost weight! It was someone that I hadn't seen since December and she's the type of person that always notices any weight gain or loss, but it felt good to finally have someone say "Hey! You've lost weight!!. And my second NSV is that I am finding that I'm sitting on my legs at work again! (I know, that's not good for you, but geez it is so comfortable!). Up until recently my knees were too chubby for it to be doable unless I wanted to suffer from fat pinching!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:29 PM   #135  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I am wearing my size 20 jeans today and they are too big. My size 18's fit now w/o my belly doing the muffin top.

I saw a friend yesterday and she asked if I had lost weight!

And, (I'm not trying to be mean!) my ex came by yesterday to see the kids, and my belly is now smaller than his! For the first time in 9 years!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote