Old 04-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #31  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Last night, I went closet shopping. I don't have very many clothes that I couldn't wear at some point but I had some clothes that I had bought, washed, dried and didn't fit anymore and others I had bought that didn't fit but i was too stubborn to return. So now I have some more work clothes without shopping
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #32  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

WTG everyone on the great NSV's.

Yesterday I worked 2 hrs. in my flower beds and felt so sore and exhausted. I came in and took a long nap. Cooked dinner. Then went back outside and worked 2 more hrs. even though I didn't particularly want to.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I got the push mower out and mowed the yard yesterday. We have just shy of one acre here, so that was an hour workout! (I used to use the riding mower, but I figured what an easy way to get more exercise in and get some sun too!) It sure felt good to do it too!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I have been MIA for awhile now. I have been having a bit of a motivation crisis. I have been stuck in the same 5 lbs for so long regardless of what I do that it just has seemed pointless.

But my NSV is that I am posting & that I am still going to continue with herbal magic - even though I want to just put the whole thing away & just accept that I will be fat forever.

I still don't feel very hopeful but I know things will swing back around again.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:57 AM   #35  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hang in there, Lifeguard. It is never to late to make a comeback! We are here as your cheering section! You have already come a LONG way!! Just repeat what you have already done and you will be really close to ONEderland! Keep your eyes on the small goals; you will make it.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #36  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeguard View Post
I have been MIA for awhile now. .
Lifeguard, I was just thinking about you a few minutes ago and wondering where you went! I thought you might have moved to another part of 3FC and we just werent hearing from you here on the 100lb club. I'm so glad you decided to check in. Please don't give up on yourself and this journey. So many of us have been struggling, but I think that is just a major part of our journey. We are re-learning how to eat and live. Hang in there! You'll make it!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #37  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default More energy!

Hi Everyone!

Great goin' on those NSVs!!

Here's mine:

I've been out in the yard now for two days getting yardwork done like several others of you have mentioned you are busy doing. I have quite a few flower beds to weed and mulch and also had a couple of stubborn bushes to take out as well. I've been weeding and mulching and pulling and using the pitchfork to put more mulch in my cart. My neighbor came over a few minutes ago just before I came in for a break and some food. She said, "Cheryl! Where do you get all your energy? I've been watching you now for TWO DAYS, and you just keep at it! Aren't you SORE?" I thought about it for a second, and thought, "Wow! No! I'm NOT sore! I'm not even very tired!" I said to her that I've been doing yoga and Turbo Jam and also HipHopAbs and find that all the exercise I've been doing PLUS not lugging EIGHTY EXTRA POUNDS along with me every single step has really given me a lot more extra energy to keep going!"

I'm heading back out now to keep working. It feels good to have more energy than I used to have, and it was an unexpected plus to have someone notice it, too!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #38  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Good one Cheryl! Way to go!

I just wanted to add, Lifeguard, that I'm glad to see you back. You are missed when you are gone!!

I had a little NSV. A friend of mine here at work asked for MY help to keep him on tract. What is funny is that he is 9 years younger than me and fit. Oh, and he's a guy. Married to a very pretty woman and he has 2 beautiful kids. We're just very good friends. (why did I feel the need to explain all of that?? Ha!) Anyway, he said that he feels like he can talk to me about this without feeling stupid. He just wants someone to keep him accountable to eat right and exercise and he knows I've been working at it, too.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #39  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

rockinrobin, I followed your lead and went and got fitted for proper bra's. Yippee, they finally fit. It wasn't at all embarassing and the sales lady was very helpful. I got the 36C that has a full cup and now no falling out of it when I bend over. You inspired me to finally do this and I thank you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #40  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

My NSV for today: My husband was rubbing my sore legs (because of a change in my workout) and without being prompted he said, "Honey, I can tell you are losing weight; your legs are smaller." That was unexpected and very special!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:16 AM   #41  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh that's great Lily. I'm glad you went ahead and took the plunge. I know for me it has made a huge difference in how I look, clothed that is. Now if only I could find something (short of surgery) to do the trick OUT of clothing. Oh well.

Ritzy that really is very special. I'm so happy for you.

WTG to the rest of the gang.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #42  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

"took the plunge" hahahahahha LOL

My NSV is that I got to finally wear shorts yesterday, and last summer's "skinny" shorts that I could barely breathe in, were AT LEAST a size (or two!) too big! So I'm off to buy some new clothes, even though it's supposed to SNOW this weekend.

I'm in a "spring warm up" contest at the gym, so far have been to 2 aerobics classes (3 pts each) and a "special workout" (3 pts) I've been eating STRICTLY on plan and feeling great!

Oh and when you lose weight, do you notice that your FEET shrink? I need new tennies while I'm out today, and I think I'm at least a size smaller and probably NOT wide-width anymore?! My dressy clogs are really big on me! I guess I never really considered that your FEET would get smaller too! You must need a smaller base, if your center of gravity is less! LOL

Great NSVs girls, keep em comin!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

OMG!!! SMALLER FEET!!! I just got new tennis shoes yesterday, and they're so much smaller! YES, the feet do shrink too!! I now have not one but TWO new pairs of ECCO Receptor running shoes. They feel soooo good! That is my NSV for the day ~ brand new shoes, in a smaller size too!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #44  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

[QUOTE=NurseMichelle;1639246
Oh and when you lose weight, do you notice that your FEET shrink? [/QUOTE]

I really really hope mine shrink, too! I used to be a size 9 and could buy shoes anywhere. Now, I'm a size 10 wide and can only find shoes at the plus size stores.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #45  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

My feet have shrunk a size but my feet are still wide. I hope I have not so wide feet in the future.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote