3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   A new me (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/108572-new-me.html)

nelie 03-30-2007 12:11 PM

A new me

I've been struggling for a good 6 months. I've been rollercoasting on the same 5 lbs. For the last couple months, it has been especially hard. I have felt like everything and anything anywhere near me should be eaten. I have avoided doing exercise for no good reason. Luckily, I didn't gain more than a couple lbs during this entire dillemma.

A couple days ago, things changed. I don't know how or what changed but they did. Last week, I started forcing myself to exercise no matter what. I have forced myself to really look at my portions and eating habits. The past couple days have been bliss of eating right and not thinking about food all the time. I've started to use our diet blogs here on 3fc to stay accontable with myself. I started thinking I could count calories but I'm not quite there yet.

I feel like this is a new me. I hope this new me doesn't go away because I like it. I like exercising every day. I like not feeling so full that I feel sick. I like not obsessing about food and what I can eat and when I can eat it.

I have goals I'd like to meet. I'd like to lose 20 lbs by July. It is ambitious but it is doable. I'd like to lose 40 lbs by September. Again it is ambitious but doable. By the end of the year, I'd like to be just above 200 or maybe even below 200. Again, very ambitious but I know I can achieve it if I keep on track. I think the new me has the drive to achieve these things and won't be deterred.

Slashnl 03-30-2007 01:54 PM

Gosh, you have done so well already, I am sure you will be able to make your goals. I think it is great that even though you went through a tough time, you have rededicated yourself and will have even more success in the future.
I'm still working on making exercise just something that I do every day instead of having it be a chore. I'm not quite there yet, but I agree that I feel so much better after having exercised. During exercise... not so much... but after it is great!
Congratulations on your new me!!

rockinrobin 03-30-2007 01:57 PM

You sound totally and completely revitalized and RECHARGED!!!! Woohoo!!!! It really sounds like you are really ready to forge ahead in your journey. You have done SUCH an amazing job - first losing, then maintaining your weightloss. You are such an asset and an inspiration to each and every one of us here at 3FC. I have no doubt that you will meet your goals. If any one can, well it's certainly you. I look forward to watching your continued success. This IS exciting. Good luck to you Nelie. I KNOW you can do it. We're all here for you, rooting you on.

By the way, I haven't checked out the blogs here. Hmmm, maybe I ought to.

Sandi 03-30-2007 02:36 PM

That's awesome!!! You really do sound like you are ready to get going again.

But maybe the last 6 months were just what you needed. You found out that you can maintain. You know that maintaining is the hardest part, and for 6 months you have been doing just that. How great that you know that you have the ability to keep this weight off!! :carrot: :carrot:

CyberGypsy 03-30-2007 03:01 PM

Sounds Good, but you have to do it.......

jtammy 03-30-2007 03:07 PM

Nelie, I'm glad to hear that you are ready to get started again. I'm kind of where you were right now and my plan is to get back 100% first of June if I haven't felt ready before then.

Good job on maintaining your weight loss during this time by the way. That is certainly no small feat.

rockinrobin 03-30-2007 03:10 PM

Well yeah, CyberGypsy, that's basically what she just said. So, yeah I'm pretty sure, no make that I'm certain Nelie's aware of that.

LisaMarie71 03-30-2007 03:44 PM

Nelie, I love the fact that you have very specific goals in mind. I think that will help you. And let me echo what Robin said -- you are SUCH an inspiration to so many people here. Not only have you been successful, but your posts are always full of great advice and support for everyone. You've done an amazing job so far. If you needed six months to stall a bit and learn some things, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's a journey, not a race. If you can be as successful as you've already been, you can do ANYthing.

I have to say, I really do love when folks post a public declaration like this one and the one Sandi did the other day. It's a brave thing to do, because it's saying "ok, this is it. I'm doing it, no matter what has happened in the past." It takes guts to make that statement, and it takes determination. We're behind you, and you've already proven to us and to yourself that you know EXACTLY what to do to be successful. You're already a success!!

CyberGypsy 03-30-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 1633211)
Well yeah, CyberGypsy, that's basically what she just said. So, yeah I'm pretty sure, no make that I'm certain Nelie's aware of that.

What I said, was dont talk the talk, walk the walk......it a lifetime goal... not something you can give up on....

NESunshine 03-30-2007 04:12 PM

wow, it seems that a lot of us have been in a tough patch! Way to go jumping back on the horse! I've been maintaining through my rough patch and am trying to push through too.....most important thing is making time to get back to posting again to help me stay on track!
Nelie, nice goals...keep on truckin through, you've come so far and I think you've set totally attainable goals...sometimes its good to be ambitious.

LisaMarie71 03-30-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberGypsy (Post 1633259)
What I said, was dont talk the talk, walk the walk......it a lifetime goal... not something you can give up on....

I don't think there was any indication that Nelie gave up on anything. It's definitely a lifetime goal. Sometimes we struggle, we get back on the horse, we keep on trucking. That's what this thread is about. Nelie's lost over 100 pounds, after all -- we all know she can keep going, but everyone struggles at times. This is about her getting back on track, and us supporting her in that.

nelie 03-30-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberGypsy (Post 1633259)

Yes and I've been doing this for nearly 3 years total. Weight loss and maintenance isn't really something that is short term. For those of us that have 100 lbs or more to lose, it is hard to do it all in one burst. Sometimes we can lose a lot at one time, but sometimes it comes in stages. I have found my weight loss has come in stages. I will maintain a little bit, then lose, then maintain, then lose it has never been to the point where I gave up. If I did, then I'd probably be in the 300s by now :)

LakeGirl 03-30-2007 05:27 PM

I think we all have moments where we feel like giving up...I've had one of those days today!

Nelie, you have done so well with your loss and as someone else said, you MAINTAINED for the past 6 months! That in itself is an achievement! I'm glad you're back on board! Maybe the break from constantly worrying about weight loss was what you needed to recharge!

jtammy 03-30-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 1633358)
Yes and I've been doing this for nearly 3 years total. Weight loss and maintenance isn't really something that is short term. For those of us that have 100 lbs or more to lose, it is hard to do it all in one burst. Sometimes we can lose a lot at one time, but sometimes it comes in stages. I have found my weight loss has come in stages. I will maintain a little bit, then lose, then maintain, then lose it has never been to the point where I gave up. If I did, then I'd probably be in the 300s by now :)

I agree 100%. When you start out needing to lose near 165 lbs, like Nelie or I, why would someone assume that we should try to do it all in one go? It's tough on the mind and the body to constantly be in loss mode throughout that much weight loss. Maintaining a 100 lb loss certainly doesn't qualify as giving up.....

melsfolly 03-30-2007 08:28 PM

To be honest, I find it as - if not more - inspirational to see someone maintain as I do to see someone losing weight! As someone who has lost a great amount of weight in the past, only to gain it all (+) back I know that maintaining is going to be the hardest phase that I face (and losing hasn't been a picnic!). Kuddo's to you for the great job you've done so far! And good luck in the next stage of your journey!!! As you say it's ambitious, but it is very doable!!!

Melissa