Old 03-28-2007, 11:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Peanut Butter Portion Control

Can't remember which forum it was in originally, but I seem to remember a thread on the subject of how to exercise portion control when facing a jar of peanut butter. Well, today's hungry girl email has the answer...there is now a company that sells 1 ounce packets of peanut butter, made with all organic nuts. For anyone who's interested, here's the site: http://www.paragonnaturals.com/jnb.html.
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:04 AM   #2  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the link! I'd heard of the individual pack and I've looked around for them at my grocery stores but never could find any. Now I'm just going to have to figure out if it's worth the price.

On another peanut butter note, I started using the Better N Peanut Butter from Trader Joe's. It's only 100 calories with 2.5g of fat per serving which is about 1/2 the calories & fat of the reduced fat PB I was using. It satisfies my PB urges without making me lose control as I always seemed to do with good 'ol Peter Pan PB.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I ordered the powdered peanut butter, and am looking forward to getting it. Peanut butter portion control has always eluded me so I avoid it. I'm hoping that adding the powdered peanut butter to chocolate smoothies will satisfy my peanut butter cravings without ingesting all the calories. I've heard such wonderful things about the product that I can't wait to try it.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #4  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

I like the 6 little cups at publix of jif
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #5  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I go by the serving sizes on the nutrition label. I enjoy nut butters so much, portion control is definitely something I make sure I keep an eye on, otherwise I'd pack it on!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote