Holiday Eating Suggestions?

• Hi everyone...

Last holiday season is where my new WOE pretty much started going down hill. I went home for Thanksgiving and Christmas and did very poorly with my food choices.

I'm a firm believer that we don't have to say "no" to everything, we just need to keep it under control and sensible.

Anyhow, I just wanted to hear whatever tips people use around the holiday season to stay on track. I know this is a worry for a lot of people, so maybe this could help more then just me!

Michelle
  • They were talking about this at my WW meeting yesterday. They were stressing moderation. Just small portions and know that you do not have to have some of everything. They also suggested bring a "healthy" dish so that at least there is 1 choice there. We can get through these holidays together!!!
  • Being that I am on a low carbohydrate program, and have been faithful to myself for many weeks, the holidays are the last problem in my life. I know that I will have turkey, salad and vegetables ONLY. This isn't the time to sabotage all the hard work I have done to lose over 50 pounds. I eat to live, not live to eat. Food is not a reward for me...it's a necessity.

Good luck on your food choices through the holidays.

Lee
  • As I am a compulsive eater, I know that buffet is sometimes my downfall. I can't have a little of everything because that leads me to binge. I have to simply abstain (in the words of overeaters anonymous) and plan ahead. I make a food plan and I stick to it. This may seem to dampen the spirit of the holidays to some, but it is very relaxing for me. I simply say no to the things that I know will set me off. I will NOT be one of the statistics that gain during the holidays this year.

Elaine
    297/269/199 first goal
  • The only other advice I can give is this:
    1) If you really, really want to try everything (or almost everything) take a teaspoon or tablespoon and just dip you 1 of those.
    2) If you are like me and there are so many other dishes you want to have more of, I try and get foods on my plate that I would only eat around the holidays and eat less potatoes and green beans (foods I could have anyday)
    3) To me this one is the most important. Don't beat yourself up if you do overindulge. It's just one day. Don't let it turn into one week, 2, 3, then months. Just take it one day at a time.

Hope this helps.
    Dawnyal