Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Default Ok, so what do you all do?

It's 7:43 pm. I logged all my food for the day this morning but by the time dinner rolled around I really wasn't all that hungry. I had eaten well for breakfast, lunch, and snack and just still felt extremely satisfied. I had packed my dinner to take to the track meet...a tuna wrap, some cottage cheese, and some grape tomatoes. I ate the tuna wrap and skipped the cottage cheese. I was still completely satisfied. Now I find myself at 7:43 pm with only 749 calories for the day. I'm not hungry. Do I need to eat something because 749 is WAY low or do I just consider it a low day and try and get back up to normal tomorrow. Normal for me is between 1200 and 1500.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i would say this...if you aren't hungry then don't worry. However i will add this...it shouldn't become routine. One day every now and then at a very low cal won't make you go into "starvation mode". But if you cont to do that day after day...that's a differnt thing. I say if your not hungry leave it be for tonight. Tomorrow you may find that when you wake up you might be hungry.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yes - extremely low days are ok every once in a while. I find my body naturally needs less calories on days when I've eaten more than usual the day before...but I've also found that the day after an extremely low day, I tend to be hungrier in the morning and able to get right back on. You really don't want to stay that low for any prolonged period of time.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I agree. It's ok for today, but don't hestiate to eat tomorrow when you are hungry. Your body will probably be trying to tell you something.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Every now and then a low day if fine. It will average itself out with the rest of the week I'm sure. It's probably just a fluke that you are not so hungry today. Rest assured it won't happen too often and you will have the rest of the week to catch up.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:05 AM   #6  

Thanks for all the input. I did go ahead and eat an apple so my total for the day ended up at 849. I felt fine all day and I really already had a feeling that you all would say it was going to be ok....since a high day every now and then doesn't kill you I figured a low one would be the same. No, I'm certainly not going to make it a habit...it wasn't planned yesterday...it was just how it came about. Thanks!
Old 03-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #7  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Tricia,

This is kind of OT to your thread, but I just wanted to ask ~ could you tell me the recipe for making the tuna wrap you mentioned. It sounds good and an easy thing to take along some where.

Thanks for your help.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Tricia,

This is kind of OT to your thread, but I just wanted to ask ~ could you tell me the recipe for making the tuna wrap you mentioned. It sounds good and an easy thing to take along some where.

Thanks for your help.
It's sooooo nothing that I'm almost embarrassed to post it! haha I just mix a can of drained tuna (chunk light or solid white are the only ones I like) w/ 1 Tbsp of light mayo. I put 1/2 of the mixture on a burrito size whole wheat low fat low carb wrap. I generally add lettuce and halved grape tomatoes and freshly ground black pepper. Then wrap it up like a burrito. That's it!!! I do really like it, though, and find it extremely filling. I kind of worry about the tuna and mayo if I'm gone for very long....but it seems to stay nice and cold if I put it in an insulated lunch bag with and ice pack.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #9  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thanks Tricia
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #10  

That wrap sounds yummy - thanks!

I agree with everyone else - but wanted to add that, if you were at home and felt the same way and could have controlled your meal (ie not made it earlier in the day when you thought you would need to save the calories), it's always an idea to up the calories without adding to your volume of food. Using a little regular mayo instead of light, or adding some cheddar to the wrap, for example - it can make a nice change to have some things you don't typically eat, and would help to get your calories over 1000, at any rate.
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote