Old 03-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #1  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Default Lost a Weight-Loss Buddy and Booked my Flight to NYC

Spring is starting off with a bang.. and some unexpected changes.

My recently aquainted weight-loss buddy "broke up with me" last night. She didn't show up to the gym once last week. Then last night I sent her a text saying I was exhausted from working doubles and would be working out at home the next couple days and I would return to the gym on Friday.

She replied back saying, "Yeah, I probably won't see you on Friday but we'll run into eachother here and there then. I'm just going to go back to going when I feel like it, okay. Got weird trying to schedule working out. I'm not that disciplined. I'll see you around. Good luck with your workout."

....also yesterday I booked my flight to NYC in May to stay with my brother and his wife. I want to check out the city. At one point I was considering moving east.. and my brother and sister-in-law have offered to house me until I could get my own place. So we'll see. Mostly I am just excited to visit.. now I just have to work enough doubles to pay my taxes and to travel.

...So I have a lot to think about lately. Spring is presenting itself interestingly. Did I mention that my driver's side windshield wiper stopped working and we're supposed to get a strong thunderstorm today. Ya gotta love the irony. How will I pay to fix that?! Hmmm...

Anyways, enough blabbing. I gotta get back to work... but not til I adjust my ticker. Wednesday weigh-in and I'm down 2.5 lbs from last week!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:07 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Kae, lots going on. I'm sorry to hear you lost your buddy, would have been nice to continue, but obviously it wasn't meant to be. She just doesn't have her heart in it and therefore would be of no benefit to you. Time to move on and go it on your own, or perhaps you'll meet someone else. You never know what the future holds.

I think it sounds very exciting about you going to NYC. This can open up a whole new world for you. I hope it all works out splendidly for you.

And congrats on the 2 1/2 lbs gone - totally and completely FANTASTIC. Keep it up. Remember you really and truly absolutely positively without a doubt CAN DO THIS!!! Good luck to you on all counts, including the windshield wiper.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Sorry about losing the weight loss buddy. It is nice to have someone to work with, to remain accountable. Guess you were too hard core for her!! ha!
Have a good time in New York. I've never been there and have always wanted to visit.
And a special congrats on your weight loss! I think the gym has been doing some good for you! I'm impressed!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I never did well with weight loss buddies until I started working out with DH. Even with him though there are little quirks. It is hard to find the perfect weight loss buddy but you can always do it on your own.

Have fun in NYC. I went there once to see a show. It was fun and I'd like to go back because I really liked the museums. I did feel a little clausterphobic though, I've never seen such narrow side walks. I also liked visiting the big park there.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:07 AM   #5  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I'm sorry you lost your workout buddy. It's hard with different schedules, and busy lifes. Just don't let this stop you from continuing to workout. I know that I might use it as an excuse not to workout. You're doing well. Keep it up!

Have fun in New York!! I've always wanted to go there. So I'm jealous!!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Height: 5'5

Im sorry about your weight loss buddy it shouldnt detract from your ambition. Maybe you can enlist another friend?

And I live in NYC and its fabulous in May. Im sure you will have a great time!
House_of_Mirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:11 AM   #7  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Hi there !!!
Way to go on the extra 2,5 pounds lost !!

I´m sorry you lost your work out buddy, I´m sure soon enough you´ll find a new buddy, in the meantime, working out by yourself isn´t so bad, gives you some "me" time, I get great ideas when I´m working out...

Ohhh, I´m so jelous of you, I love New York City... enjoy it !!!!
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #8  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

You know, I was really disappointed at first. Mostly because working out was actually becoming more of a social event that I wanted to attend, rather than another job to complete after getting off work from my other 2 jobs. So that sucks. I will go it alone I guess. I am being healthy for me and not for someone else.

I don't think I will, "see her around." as she put it. It sounds to me like she's just not ready to make it a priority in her life. .. whereas, I need it to be one in mine. *sigh*

Thanks for the replies........
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I have never been able to find a good workout partner either. Even when DH and I go to the gym together we do own thing.

Right now my very best workout partner seems to be Bailey, my Dog! He is always home and ready to walk at a moment's notice! Not much of a conversationalist, but hey, you can't have everything!!!

Congrats on the 2.5 lbs!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #10  
Dieting Diva

If Bailey is like Bob- he never whines nor get moody once a month !

I don't have a work out partner. I thought DD21 was going to be my buddy. I can push myself more without DS13 walking with me or anyone else around.
Good luck and have fun in NYC !
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 231/219/160

Height: 5'2 "

Have fun in the city. We go there a couple of times a year to catch a show. If you get the chance to see the Lion King, go. It was fabulous.
jrenzul is offline   Reply With Quote