Where did they come from?????

• I've gained 20lbs.

My blood pressure at the docs today was really high, I've never really had high blood pressure.

I'm caught between beating myself up (pointless) and being motivated to change my ways....again.

The cool thing is I've still lost 40lbs, but if I don't do something they're all gonna come back.

The weird thing is that my clothes still fit, so I didn't notice! again!

Its the exercise, now I'm happy and in a new relationship, I resent spending time at the gym, when I could be at home being happy!

But if I don't go to the gym and get this thing done, I won't be happy very long, coz I'll be unhealthy or worse.

I really could do with some motivation, and a
  • Aw, sweetie....here's a BIG First of all, stop beating yourself up and treat yourself as gently and kindly as you'd treat someone else in your situation.

You know what you're doing, you know how and why you lost your focus, and you know how to get back on track. You've worked so hard and done so well -- you'll do it again. So you got a heads-up that we have to stay vigilant -- better now than if you'd regained ALL of it, right? You'll be fine. And, as I recall, you loved your workouts when you were doing them, and they gave you such a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment. I sure do understand your current distraction (congrat's on the nuptials by the way! )

I say pick yourself up, dust yourself off, give thanks that you caught it when you did, and give yourself credit for knowing what to do to get back to where you want to be. But DON'T beat the crap out of yourself for getting distracted, because you don't deserve that. Now you know!

• You shouldn't beat yourself up at all. You could easily give up and not worry about it anymore. But you saw a need for a change and that your health could be deteriorating and you came back here to post and get some encouragement. Smart gal!!
    Besides, you still have 40 pounds off. Keep in mind that you can be an encouragement to many of us here. I'm impressed!!! I hope to get that first 40 off anytime now! ha!
    Looking forward to getting to know you.
  • Glad to see you back!

You've recognized your problem, now...what the plan of attack?
  • My BP was fine at 220 then lost 40 and it was high....check it 3 times a week, mine is high at the drs or when i worry
  • Something like that happened to me!

I always had healthy BP, went down 40 lb and then I get High BP, if it's the fist time it happens, maybe it was just that day and you should keep track of it for a week or two. Maybe is nothing, for me it was a good wake up call to loose the rest of the weight, it may be for you too
  • My BP has always been fine but recently it has been a bit high. May have been stress because after a week of checking it, Its back to normal again. Not sure what the problem was but I hope it does not repeat itself again.

I will keep checking it and when I see my doctor again will have it checked again there.

• I can't say it any better than Sarah so I'll just pass along another
  • Welcome back kykaree! I had wondered where you'd gone. Sounds like you have an excuse - a new relationship is fun and exciting! The gym does feel like a drag, is there any way to include this new person in your exercise? I drag my bf for long walks with me on sunny days, I was just telling those are my most happy moments, walking along the ocean on a wooded path with him.

So true that at least you've caught it now! Make a plan, and get to it! Maybe weight loss isn't the most important thing right now - perhaps maintaining should be your goal? Get your body healthy! I went to the doctor one day and he told me I had pretty high blood pressure, which I've NEVER had before either. I asked him what could be a factor with blood pressure, turns out my incredibily stressful day, combined with a really salty lunch, lots of coffee, and the screaming/crying fight I'd had an hour before were factors. I went back on a more relaxed day and was fine. You know your body, listen to it!

Now that I've gone on and on.. I shall stop! Glad to see you are still around and things are good

-Aimee
  • The new person had a long talk to me last night (after I wrote this) and said he'll help with the exercise. He has a physical disability and there are some things he can't do, but we can do long walks and swim, so that's the plan.

I'm gonna go back to baby steps. Three workouts a week for 30 - 45 minutes, and then build from there.

Back to basics!

Oh and stop drinking. I have discovered wine, and I like it, but it doesn't like me!
  • Kylie, so good to see you posting! Be proud that you maintained that 40 lb. loss. Glad to know about the new relationship, and that he's going to support your exercise plan.