cottage cheese lovers, help me!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I just discovered the other day that I really like cottage cheese. I avoided it for so long because I didn't like the way it looked, but I finally gave in and tried it and I love it. My problem is, since I avoided it for so long, I have no idea how to eat it. Yes I know, spoon in cottage cheese, spoon to mouth, chew, swallow, repeat .... but what do I eat it with? Enlighten me ladies, please!
  • I love mine mixed with pineapple.
  • Oh don't ask me. I would say everything....

Savory foods:
    On top of baked potatoes
    In place of mayo in tuna salad
    With pepper, basil and tomatoes.
    With garlic powder
    With taco seasoning and salsa

Fruits:
    Strawberries
    In oatmeal with blueberries
    With cinnamon and apples
  • Mmmmmmmmmm.....i Love Cottage Cheese!!!
    I'm also an apple freak. I love cutting up granny smith apples or pink lady apples and placing in a serving of cottage cheese .... fruit, fiber, cheese ... oh my!!!!

For the really adventurous ... place the mix in between 2 pieces of stone ground wheat bread. Beware ... co-workers will make fun of you
  • I eat mine in top of my salad, makes it really yummy and I don't feel like i'm eating like a rabbit :P
  • I like mine with some crunchy Iceberg lettuce, fresh toms and cucomber with freshly ground pepper, some pickled onions and a slice of wholemeal bread or ryvita if preferred. Yummy!
  • yummmmmm......fresh fruit.....
  • I like it w/ apples too but I like to zap the apples in microwave a couple minutes w/ cinnamon then add splenda, cc, tablespoon of walnuts.
  • For sweet, my favourite is with canteloupe but any fruit is good. Otherwise I love it mixed with cut up tomatoes and cucumbers as a nice lunch "salad".

I have just discovered the beauty of "cottage cheese pancakes". They're referred to often here and I thought they sounded really creepy but I tried them and they're unbelievable. My husband loved them too. There's lots of different "recipes" but for one portion I mixed 1/3 cup cottage cheese, 1/3 cup egg whites and 1/3 cup raw oats in the blender with a bit of vanilla and splenda. Cook them in just a bit of Pam and yum! Delicious with a small amount of maple syrup (if you can handle just a little) or a bit of jam. Or they're great on their own.

Because it's basically equal amounts of the three main ingredients, you can make as much as you need.
  • I never understood the cottage cheese with fruit thing since it's so salty.. but to each their own

I either eat it with a spoon or I cut up some chives/green onion (thin pieces), grind a little bit of black pepper, and voila! Yummy!
  • I have always loved a scoop of cottage cheese with a kosher dill pickle
  • I like mine mixed in with the "sloppy joe" that slops out on my plate from "sloppy joe manwich" burgers...but THAT...is probably NOT going to HELP you!
  • Quote: I never understood the cottage cheese with fruit thing since it's so salty.. but to each their own
    I agree. If I'm eating it with fruit, I buy the no salt added. Tastes great with any kind of fruit or if you're going lowcarbish, sugar free jam.

I like the salted kind occasionally with cucumber slices. I make little sandwiches.
  • I like cottage cheese with a lot of things where usually I would have used cheddar. You get a lot more bang for the buck, so to speak.

I think it's a great side with an italian meal and salad...no bread, no parmesan...

I love it with chili.

I love it with anything really hot and spicy...it's has a nice cooling effect.

I like it with apples.

I love it with pepper and cherry tomatoes.

I even like mixing a packet of the dry ranch dressing seasoning and making my own, healthier veggie dip.
  • Cottage cheese and grapes! Or if you are feeling like trying something new, light ricotta cheese with cut up grapes and a little cinnamon, so good... too good actually.

I like the idea of cottage cheese with tomatos and basil, I might just try that!

-Aimee