Old 03-11-2007, 10:28 AM   #16  
I'm Worth It!

S/C/G: 137/135/100

Height: 150 cm / 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan2 View Post
I can't take this any longer. .....
Any suggestions???? I need help! (It's 8:20 am and I've already had half of a chocolate bar...dark chocolate, 73% cocoa)

Hi, what I did for myself (and I considered myself a biggest chocolate junkie - eating sometimes 3 Twix bars a day plus all the cokes and chips) to get off the chocolate wagon and onto healthy snacks was - hold it ... it is gross but it works. It worked INSTANTLY!

I was listening to Tony Robbins tapes (yah, yah, some of you don't care about what he has to say but I do) and in one of the programs he mentioned "association to foods" - those familiar with his teachings will know what I mean PAIN/PLEASURE - you associate pleasure to chocolate and you need to change that association.

So - he mentioned someone else, listening to his programs would associate chocolates or junk foods to ALPO DOG FOOD - well, I would eat that too so I went to the extreme.

I searched the internet for a really ugly pictures of bugs or worms. I found worms - and it was a gross picture, made me puke just by looking at it. And every time I craved anything that I shouldn't eat (I generally eat of out boredom), I would look at the picture of worms. Almost immediately, my craving would vanish!

I put a picture on my fridge, emailed to myself at work so I can look at it there and be discreet. Try it, I guarantee you, if you pick the right picture that totally grosses you out, YOU WILL give up chocolate.

And if you are going to say "I don't think I will be able to" then you are right.

Good luck!

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN OR CAN'T - you are right!
phoebekap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #17  

Wow, such great suggestions! Thanks! I am mostly on the whole foods train (though I have my moments) but the chocolate just gets me. I don't think it's all that bad to eat chocolate, really, since I eat the high cocoa content and usually organic. However, I just hate that I feel prisoner to the cravings. As a few suggested, I might have to cut back on all the sugars for a little bit to help zap the cravings. Of course, the visual experiment with looking at a nasty picture might help too! Thanks for the ideas. I will be testing them out to see what works best for me!

You guys rock!
avsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:22 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebekap View Post
Hi, what I did for myself (and I considered myself a biggest chocolate junkie - eating sometimes 3 Twix bars a day plus all the cokes and chips) to get off the chocolate wagon and onto healthy snacks was - hold it ... it is gross but it works. It worked INSTANTLY!

I was listening to Tony Robbins tapes (yah, yah, some of you don't care about what he has to say but I do) and in one of the programs he mentioned "association to foods" - those familiar with his teachings will know what I mean PAIN/PLEASURE - you associate pleasure to chocolate and you need to change that association.

So - he mentioned someone else, listening to his programs would associate chocolates or junk foods to ALPO DOG FOOD - well, I would eat that too so I went to the extreme.

I searched the internet for a really ugly pictures of bugs or worms. I found worms - and it was a gross picture, made me puke just by looking at it. And every time I craved anything that I shouldn't eat (I generally eat of out boredom), I would look at the picture of worms. Almost immediately, my craving would vanish!

I put a picture on my fridge, emailed to myself at work so I can look at it there and be discreet. Try it, I guarantee you, if you pick the right picture that totally grosses you out, YOU WILL give up chocolate.

And if you are going to say "I don't think I will be able to" then you are right.

Good luck!

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN OR CAN'T - you are right!
cool suggestion.... thanks for the idea...
shaeintx is offline   Reply With Quote