Old 03-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #1  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Talking I took a Mental Health Day... feeling great!

I took a mental health day this Friday and it really helped boost my mood. My office was closed due to all the snow we received. I thought since I was given a 'free' day that I would use it as a mental health day.

I, of course, did some basic cleaning around the house before anything else. I had to clean the place up enough to allow myself to relax. I got to take a nice bubble bath. I did some good old-fashioned home cooking. I vegged out a bit.. But I was most excited that I got a chance to get in some quality drawing time. I organized my art supplies (I've got the whole set up with my drafting table and such in the closet)... I finished a drawing for an acquantance that I promised to get done ages ago. I am suprising her with it (sent it in the mail today.) It feels great to get that off my shoulders. My next step is to do a couple more drawing that people requested forever ago and mail those off... I'm working on cleaning my slate. It feels great.

Food wise--- I didn't do so great. Let's just say I had an altercation with a box of girl scout cookies.. the whole box. Water intake-- has been better than normal. I am working on drinking more H20.. and Exercise was null and void over the weekend. So despite my lapsing diet regiment I am feeling great... which I wouldn't have expected but I'm gonna run with it!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I am in dire need of a mental health day. I don't foresee any snow here, but I might just call in sick one day this week. Good for you! And girl scout cookies... I cannot even go near them (thin mints, samoas...) can't be around them, period. Look on the bright side, at least they're gone, so you can't have another altercation :-)
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 6

girl scout cookies are evil... I know how it is to take a mental health day... All that food is just there staring at you. I wouldn't worry about eating bad. Think of all the positive stuff you got done and how relaxed you are!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:12 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I won't even consider buying a box of gs cookies. In my mind I'm buying them for the family... but secretly they would end up being for me.
It sounds like you had a wonderful day! Sounds very relaxing.

I need one of those!! How do I take one with the kids at home! I would love to go nuts one day and spend like $300 at a day spa.. or better yet make it $1000 for 2 days. Calgon take me away!!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

you don't eat just one girlscout cookie. You eat the whole sleeve, or worse, the whole box. It's just the law.

What a great day you had I'm sure you more than deserved it!
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote