Old 03-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default ok so lunch boxes....any recommendations

OK, so at the end of the month my office is moving. I bring my lunch to work every day because my major trigger is eating out...so I just don't do it...not to mention it saves a ton of money! I've been ok thus far to just pack up my Tupperware and throw it in my bag then put it in the fridge when I get to work...well the new office is going to be a lot smaller and there will be no fridge there, my boss and I are thinking about getting a mini fridge for our little office space but that won't be happening right away. In the meantime I need to invest in some sort of lunch bag to keep my food for the day in. It needs to be durable, keep cold food for at least 8 hours and be of good size as it will often carry 2 meals and snacks for the day(I have a 3 hour round trip commute to and from work on public transportation and often have to stay in the city for night events so I like to be prepared) . I don't need anything with containers since I have a billion of them already. I'll probably need something that also has a shoulder strap option.
Does anybody have any recommendations on lunch totes?
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

YES! Igloo Polarmax Maxcold sold at Target. I'm on my second one as I wore out the first and had to search all over to find it again. Big enough for a healthy choice full meal to lay flat in. I bring breakfast, lunch and two snacks in it every day.

It's on the Target website for $12.99
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #3  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

That's cute! I'll look for that at my Target.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

This is the other one i was looking at was this one

http://www.amazon.com/PRANZO-Lunch-F...3115175&sr=8-1
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #5  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

I have a little no-name insulated cooler bag I picked up at our local grocery-department store. (I should have gotten the next size up - big salads don't fit!)

If you eat yogurt, I've found a great way to keep my food cold is to freeze my yogurt, then nestle my fruit up next to it. It has the side benefit of changing the yogurt's texture so it's a lot creamier. Regular yogurt takes on a similar consistency to the custard-style - but it's still LF or FF!

A side benefit of the cooler bag is that my food doesn't pick up weird odors from the science experiments in the communal fridge.
cinderly is offline   Reply With Quote