3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Measurements (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/106026-measurements.html)

royalsfan1 03-01-2007 05:00 PM

Measurements

So today I went and bought a tape measure. If I thought the number on the scale was appalling then OH BOY! I can't believe the numbers I saw today! I can't even imagine what they would have been 6 weeks ago...and I don't want to imagine it. So getting to my question...how often do you measure? weekly? monthly?

Thanks

sharonrr 03-01-2007 05:02 PM

I try to wait one month between measurements. It's like the scale I try not to do it too often so I won't feel frustration. Good luck

GirlyGirlSebas 03-01-2007 05:08 PM

My official measuring is every 4 weeks. I have been known to sneak off to the bedroom for a measuring session when I'm feeling frustrated or having problems staying on plan. Re-confirming that I am smaller is very encouraging to me....especially when those scales won't budge!

jtammy 03-01-2007 05:58 PM

I don't have a schedule for measuring. I just do it whenever the feeling strikes and when I feel especially small. :)

Edited to correct a typo: I weigh everyday, measure occasionally.

RitzyFritz 03-01-2007 06:09 PM

I weigh weekly and measure monthly (the 5th day of the month is my anniversary day of starting this new lifestyle, so I just use that date every month for measuring day).

shelby897 03-01-2007 06:52 PM

Okay, I'm ready to get into the whole measuring thing -- my question -- where do you measure, I mean I know your legs, chest and waist, but where exactly do you put the taper measure (across your belly button, under, over??)

jennylou 03-01-2007 06:57 PM

I do:

Underbust (this would also correspond to the proper band size that you sould buy in a bra)
Bust (around the fullest part - it also helps to measure in the same bra, preferably a well supporting bra)
waist (around the belly button)
Hips (widest part)
Thighs (widest part)
upper arms (widest part)
calf (widest part)

Lifeguard 03-01-2007 08:45 PM

Wow - some of you have great self control!

I am on the scale several times of day (I know it's not great but I find it comforting in a way). I measure once a week (ok the lady at herbal magic does but still...)

Measurements:
Neck - right where your adam's apple would be if you had one
Shoulders - around the outside of shoulders on above bustline
Bust - across the widest part
Ribs - right around where you bra band would be
Waist - where I bend to the side
Mid Section - at belly button
Hips - 2 fingers below belly button
Thigh - where fingers reach when arm is to your side
Arm - on bicep 2 fingers above elbow

pantry raider 03-01-2007 08:55 PM

measurements

My husband and I are working on these changes together and we measure once a month. Now the scales are a totally different story! I probably weigh everyday, even though it goes against my husband's best advice:) I think the suggestions given so far have been accurate (waist: around belly button, hips: widest part, etc.) If you measure too often, you might get discouraged, but once a month seems to be just enough time to see a difference.

RitzyFritz 03-01-2007 09:43 PM

My areas are slightly different than those already listed, but many are the same. I promise you one thing, when the scales have not moved and I come to measurement day, without fail I can see that I AM doing some good even if the scales are not budging much. My list is below.

Waist:
Hips above "pones": (by pones, I mean I was blessed with these pointed looking deals on the outside of my hips about 4 inches below the groin. Make sense? LOL. When I take this measurement, it takes in the cheeks as well as these pones.)
Legs around "pones":
Right and left legs 2" ABOVE knee:
Left arm 4" BELOW shoulder:
Right arm 4" BELOW shoulder:
Lower/stomach back 1" BELOW belly button:
Bust:

SexyRevealed 03-01-2007 10:01 PM

I measure my waist and hips every two weeks and the rest once per month.

Shrinking Daisy 03-01-2007 11:06 PM

royalsfan1 ~ I just did my measurements for the first time today and I was shocked too! I plan to measure again on the 22nd and then the 22nd of every month after that.

Angihas2 03-01-2007 11:12 PM

I measure on the last day of every month.

Bust, I take 3 measurements
Under boob<bra band>
fullest part of breasts
I also do just under the armpits, you know, the EXTRA boobs stuff?

Waist, smallest part between bottom of rib cage and top of hip bones.

Hips, widest part

Butt: lift the meat apron, measure the butt and around the front

Thighs, halfway down

Calves, halfway down

Arms, halfway down

Neck, where the adams apple would be, if I was a dude

royalsfan1 03-02-2007 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrinking Daisy (Post 1593624)
royalsfan1 ~ I just did my measurements for the first time today and I was shocked too! I plan to measure again on the 22nd and then the 22nd of every month after that.

Hey Daisy....let's just make sure that's the LAST time we see those numbers! Right?

:hug:

GirlyGirlSebas 03-02-2007 08:41 AM

Here's where I measure....

My arms - halfway between shoulder and elbow
Chest - under the "girls" where the bra strap goes.
Waist - where I bend
Hips - right across the belly button
Butt - I stand sideways in front of a mirror and measure the biggest point.
Thighs - again, I stand in front of a mirror and measure the biggest point.