Old 03-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 274/270/230

Height: 5 foot 3

Remember How To Smile: I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration to me because crossing my legs are one of my goals. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to do this and I know the towel victory, I have to use a beach towel and that feels good to be able to wrap that around me. I also can't wait to use a regular towel. Yippy
Inspire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:36 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie71 View Post
I haven't won anything yet!!! Just in my head...
hahaha...You won....we're just the only ones who know about it!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:42 AM   #123  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh gosh what a weekend I had. Filled with heartfelt overwhelming compliments.

I went to a beautiful beyond belief luncheon on Saturday. People there I have not seen in well over a year, so yes before my transformation.

First of alll I FELT sooooo good going into it. I had on such a sharp well fitted, tailored, high styled outfit. There were people there REALLY well dressed and for the first time, I WAS ONE OF EM. Mind boggling. The confidence one has when they are dressed well is simply amazing.

And then there was the compliments. Oodles of them. One person said to me you're just gorgeous. She said it at least 5 times and then she said all right I won't say it again, and then she okay, just one more time.

This was the best one. From a very overweight woman. Even more so then I ever was. I've known her casually for almost 2 decades. She said to me when she first saw me, how gorgeous I am. Then a little bit later, she said people must go on and on when they first see me and I said, kinda a little. Then she said to me "You've always had a gorgeous face, now you've got the body to match." I really wanted to cry. But mostly I just wanted to reach out to her and HELP her, soooo badly. But of course I couldn't. I kept on hoping my phone would ring that night or the next day, her reaching out to me for help in the weightloss department. Oh well.

Then came my good friends daughter who had been away at college, saw me for the first time in about 4 months. She went on and on about how great and STUNNING I looked. Her father was standing there and he kinda half blushed and turned away and said "Yeah, my daughter's right on that one. You are stunning."

It just went on and on and on. At one point I just sat there and was taking it all in and I had to keep the tears from flowing down my face. I know we are doing this for our health, but man oh man, it really felt good to hear so many people say positive things.

And the last NSV. Well the food there was just amazing. Variety and quantity. I ate. I started out with 1/2 fruit cup. An entire roll of veggie sushi from which I picked off a lot of the rice. A delicious sh1itake mushroom salad, a chickpea salad and a tiny bit of pesto pasta. And literally one bit of a yummy cake. Gosh those cakes were gorgeous and plentiful. I felt really good about my choices. I felt like I wasn't some crazed overzealous dieter who doesn't eat at all, yet I kept it to a minimum and still enjoyed myself.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Robin - what a wonderful NSV - I can only imagine how full your heart is! Congratulations on all of the positive comments you received - and I am sure you did look stunning!!

My NSV isn't a biggie for most folks - but for me it is! We worked all weekend cleaning the ATV's and the truck (which is a huge truck - full size Dodge dually 4x4 with a full bed & cap) before, I just couldn't maintain - and wasn't much help to DH for these projects. Not anymore! I was out there the whole weekend srubbing and waxing and polishing right beside him!! (I KNOW that had to have burned off a bunch of calories!!)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Quadcrew View Post
Robin - what a wonderful NSV - I can only imagine how full your heart is! Congratulations on all of the positive comments you received - and I am sure you did look stunning!!

My NSV isn't a biggie for most folks - but for me it is! We worked all weekend cleaning the ATV's and the truck (which is a huge truck - full size Dodge dually 4x4 with a full bed & cap) before, I just couldn't maintain - and wasn't much help to DH for these projects. Not anymore! I was out there the whole weekend srubbing and waxing and polishing right beside him!! (I KNOW that had to have burned off a bunch of calories!!)
Way to go, Mrs. Q! Not only did you burn a ton of calories, I'm sure your husband noticed the difference and appreciated all the help!

Awesome, Robin. I know that must have made your week!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #126  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Robin, that is so awesome that you went out and felt great about yourself and received fantastic compliments. That makes this all so worthwhile.

I had a good on-plan day yesterday and got my exercise done and today I'm feeling better about myself for pulling myself over that slump.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

What great experiences everyone's having!! Robin, I loved reading your post -- I have such a huge smile on my face after reading that!!

lilybelle, thanks for your comment about my name! I don't actually go by LisaMarie, it's just my ID here. I go by Lisa, but Marie is my middle name. The funny thing is my mother gave me the name Marie because a nurse who was really nice to her when she had me was named Marie, and she had beautiful long dark hair. My mom has dark hair, and she already had two blonde little girls and wanted a brunette one. Well, it didn't work -- I turned out to be the blondest of all!! It's more of a reddish brown kind of blonde now, but still...definitely not brunette!! Guess where she got the idea for the name Lisa? A character on a soap opera!

My NSV happened last night...my husband touched my leg and went on about how tight and muscular it felt. Woohoo!! There's definitely lots of flab on there still, but the running is really making a difference. Oh, and another one yesterday...when I was doing the "bow pose" in yoga yesterday, my ribs and hipbones were pushing against the floor and it hurt!! How long has it been since my bones pushed into the floor!!!? I remember that hurting when I was a skinny kid and would try to lie on my stomach, but I never thought it would happen again!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #128  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I went shopping today and tried on jeans. I'm so happy that I'm now a 20! I didn't buy them - have to wait for them to go on sale. Last time I tried on that brand, the 26 were tight, and I didn't want to go up a size, so I didn't buy them.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #129  
Nicker

S/C/G: 215/188/150

I had what I would consider to be three NSVs today. First of all when I got dressed I put on chords and a shirt that I haven't worn it I am guessing a year. They weren't pullupable at the start of my journey. I also wore a shirt that was much too tight that I probably wore about the same time that I last wore the pants.

Then at work today I got a couple of compliments. Now maybe this is in my head, but I am going with it because it makes me feel good. I think people are starting to notice the weight loss but they don't realize that it is weight loss (That doesn't make a lot of sense I know) Today one girl says to me "I love the haircut" the haircut really isn't anything new or special and today it wasn't even styled. Another girl went "Hey nice shirt!" I think they are noticing that something is different and it must look good so it must be the hair or the shirt. When my dad first caught on that I was losing weight a few weeks back he said, "Is it your hair colour or is your face thinner?"

Anyway, I am taking all three of those as NSVs.
Nicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #130  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemeberHowToSmile View Post
Two NSV's this weekend:

First, I was sitting in my livingroom chatting with a friend and all of the sudden I looked down and realized that my legs were crossed. I have never been able to cross my legs (it's something I've always wanted to be able to do but my thighs were too big) and now I'm doing it without realizing it.

Second, I got out of the shower this morning and realized that I can wrap the towel fully around me and not have a big gap.
RememberHowToSmile, that's wonderful! I can sort-of cross my legs these days, only for a certain amount of time though (hard to keep them crossed). So I am hoping that with a little more loss, it will be a sure thing! I find it's so much more comfortable, I normally don't know what to do with my legs otherwise.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #131  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I love all of these NSVs.

My NSV, I ate healthy today. This is a big deal because I haven't eaten healthy for quite a few days now. My goal is to get back on plan so that I enjoy my healthy food and don't crave the unhealthy stuff at all most of the time. I had an extra little bit to eat later than I was planning to but I was hungry so it's all right. I'm ready to resume my plan and weight loss. I was beginning to wonder if this was a 'make it or break it' time for me. I've lost weight before in very unhealthy ways and always gained it back (and then some). I can't guarantee myself anything, but I honestly think that this time it is for real - I've changed too much to go back.. How fabulous is that.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:57 AM   #132  
lilybelle

beautifulone, WTG. I'm also back on track now after a few days of eating not so great. Like you, I've came too far to turn back now. I refuse to regain this weight. It feels so wondeful to cross this type of hurdle and learn that we are really committed to losing and maintaining our wt. loss and have the power within us to reclaim our healthy habits.

Lisa, when I was born my mom almost died. She was hospitalized for 6 months. 2 neighbor ladies cared for me that first 6 months. One was named Lily, the other was Marie. Hence how I got my name.

Nicker, WTG that people are recognizing a change. They might be too shy to mention they think it's wt. loss , but the compliments are great and you are probably showing more confidence in yourself.

Lisa, WTG on that DH NSV. Those are always nice. My NSV is not quite as fun. I realized that grinding bones during intimacy aren't all it's cracked up to be. When I was "fluffy" , I didn't notice this. LOL.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Lisa, WTG on that DH NSV. Those are always nice. My NSV is not quite as fun. I realized that grinding bones during intimacy aren't all it's cracked up to be. When I was "fluffy" , I didn't notice this. LOL.
It's funny you mention this! I have a rather thin (but very fit) husband and I'm beginning to notice the same thing.

I have an NSV from yesterday: I ran 6.5 miles!! I shouldn't have gone that far, but I felt like I could keep going. I'm paying for it today, because my legs hurt, but at least now I know I can run a whole 10k!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #134  
lilybelle

Lisa, I was a little embarassed to admit that particular NSV. LOL, but my DH is also slender and well-toned. It physically hurts now that our bones are both so prominent. Of course, he's a man and it doesn't seem to bother him a bit. LOL. I also have noticed that I can't lay on my stomach. My ribs and xiphoid are too prominent and hurt if squished in the bed or floor. I used to couldn't lay on my stomach because it was so round that I felt like a big beach whale on my tummy.

Lisa, 6.5 miles that is awesome. I walk 3 miles and I'm sweating like a pig. I just jog during commercials. The only way I could do 6.5 miles is if someone was chasing me with a chain saw. LOL.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Quote:
The only way I could do 6.5 miles is if someone was chasing me with a chain saw. LOL.
Lily- that one made me laugh right out loud!! I am right there with you. I think it is great that you run Lisa, but I am not the running type!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote