Old 03-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I did a health screening today - cholesterol was 166!! Blood sugar was 86. the thin lady setting beside me couldn't believe my numbers were lower than hers! Just proves that I know I am eating the way I should for the rest of my life! (now to get the BP down!)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #107  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Quadcrew View Post
I did a health screening today - cholesterol was 166!! Blood sugar was 86. the thin lady setting beside me couldn't believe my numbers were lower than hers! Just proves that I know I am eating the way I should for the rest of my life! (now to get the BP down!)

Good for you!!! I've had that happen to me too, usually during pregnancy. I'm tall, Matt's 6'3", our kids are gonna be tall yanno? With every pregnancy but my first, I was obese, I started both my daughter and my sons pregnancies at 255, with my daughter I lived on Carl's Jr, dbl western burger, chili cheese fries and a huge dr pepper. She was 6.11 and 19" long. My son, I ate so freaking healthy, ended up gaining MORE weight with him AND he was 24"s long and 9.11. The lady in the room with me, was a tiny bitty thing, her kid was 13 lbs and she was offended that "the fat chick in the other bed"<her words not mine> didn't have GD and she did. It's like being thinner/smaller gives people a "Stay Healthy" card in their mind or something. It's insanity.

So, my NSV, we had to go to the store, took the kids blah blah. We're having spaghetti tonight, a trigger food for me, since I LOVE LOVE LOVE Garlic bread. I automatically grabbed the garlic bread from the deli, preslathered with who knows what, halfway through the store, I'm checking the cart to make sure I have everything and realized what I had done, I chucked the bread and told Matt I'd rather spend my calories on something else.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #108  
journey girl

S/C/G: 325/323/160

Height: 5'8"

HUGE craving for ice cream last night as i was at my friend's house - I left and intended to give in and stop at the grocery store on the way home, but I WILLED myself to just drive past!!!
kaepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:16 PM   #109  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

Today, I passed Rita's Water Ice. I haven't been to one in years since I've been away and I wanted a gelati (water ice and fro-yo layered, sugar shock in a cup) so bad. I walked past without going in.
sexybrokechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Great job on passing up off-plan foods, you guys!! That's such a great NSV.

I went to a birthday party tonight at the house of a couple I haven't seen in a long time. The husband kept saying "You look GREAT!" and when my husband showed up, he kept saying to him "Your wife looks great!" Woohoo! I'll confess, I do like hearing it from males!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:37 PM   #111  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I was off -track this weekend with food. I went ahead this AM and weighed and owned up to it and now am back to my exercise routine and a lower calorie regime . The being off track wasn't good, but the holding myself accountable and getting back on track is what really counts in the lifetime scheme of things.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #112  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Quadcrew View Post
That's wonderful! I think of all NSV's, our health is by far the most important.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
The being off track wasn't good, but the holding myself accountable and getting back on track is what really counts in the lifetime scheme of things.
So very true. And that's probably what makes the difference between a person who gains the weight back and a person like you, who keeps it off and inspires all the rest of us!!

My NSVs today are fitness-related. I already posted it on the Cool Runners thread, but I'm pretty excited so I'm posting it here too! I logged my 3.5 mile run today and realized that I ran a total of 20 miles this past week. 20!!! I never would've imagined I could do that.

Also, I checked my time after 3.1 miles, which is a 5k race, and it was about 35 minutes. I realized that I would have WON the little local 5k I watched in October, for my age range. The lady who won for the same age group had a time of 38 minutes. I'll never WIN a race, and I'll probably never win in my age group unless it's a tiny race like that one, but still...to imagine that I would've taken home that little trophy is just insane to me! My husband actually won that whole race, so imagine how cool it would be if he wins it again this year and I win for my age group! Woohoo! That's a good goal to work toward.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #114  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie71 View Post
So very true. And that's probably what makes the difference between a person who gains the weight back and a person like you, who keeps it off and inspires all the rest of us!!

My NSVs today are fitness-related. I already posted it on the Cool Runners thread, but I'm pretty excited so I'm posting it here too! I logged my 3.5 mile run today and realized that I ran a total of 20 miles this past week. 20!!! I never would've imagined I could do that.

Also, I checked my time after 3.1 miles, which is a 5k race, and it was about 35 minutes. I realized that I would have WON the little local 5k I watched in October, for my age range. The lady who won for the same age group had a time of 38 minutes. I'll never WIN a race, and I'll probably never win in my age group unless it's a tiny race like that one, but still...to imagine that I would've taken home that little trophy is just insane to me! My husband actually won that whole race, so imagine how cool it would be if he wins it again this year and I win for my age group! Woohoo! That's a good goal to work toward.
That's awesome Lisa! 20 miles... That's like running to my mom's house. WOW!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

My daughter won a cake at the school carnival yesterday. If this was December the whole cake would be gone today. With my new lifestyle I have not had or wanted a taste. My daughter and husband have ate and enjoyed it. I now longer crave sweets, it's great.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Two NSV's this weekend:

First, I was sitting in my livingroom chatting with a friend and all of the sudden I looked down and realized that my legs were crossed. I have never been able to cross my legs (it's something I've always wanted to be able to do but my thighs were too big) and now I'm doing it without realizing it.

Second, I got out of the shower this morning and realized that I can wrap the towel fully around me and not have a big gap.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:23 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemeberHowToSmile View Post
Two NSV's this weekend:

First, I was sitting in my livingroom chatting with a friend and all of the sudden I looked down and realized that my legs were crossed. I have never been able to cross my legs (it's something I've always wanted to be able to do but my thighs were too big) and now I'm doing it without realizing it.

Second, I got out of the shower this morning and realized that I can wrap the towel fully around me and not have a big gap.
RememberHow, I just have to tell you how much I LOVE these two NSVs -- so great! And I just noticed your stats -- my goodness, you've lost 95 pounds!!! You saw a 3 on the scale ...and now you're about to see a 1!!!! WOW!!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Lisa...that's outstanding!!! I can just imagine how exciting that must feel!!! I ran track in high school...I was a distance runner...and I never won! hahaha I came in 2nd VERY consistantly so I was a good team member...but I never won! And here you are, doing it!

RememberHow....WAY TO GO! Those are great NSV's!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:11 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
Lisa...that's outstanding!!! I can just imagine how exciting that must feel!!! I ran track in high school...I was a distance runner...and I never won! hahaha I came in 2nd VERY consistantly so I was a good team member...but I never won! And here you are, doing it!
I haven't won anything yet!!! Just in my head...
Old 03-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #120  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks Lisa. By the way. I love the name LisaMarie. Mine is Lily Marie, my DD's is Lacy Marie and my niece is Alisha Marie. That would be so awesome if you and your DH both win the race next time. I would be thrilled to just be able to compete, even if I didn't win. I did pretty well in high school at track but mostly ran the mile and did the discus and shotput. I was an avid swimmer then and a basketball player and had very strong arms. (Not any more.) But, for some reason, I could never jump high enough to clear that high jump pole, LOL.

Smile, WTG on those NSV's. You are doing so fabulous. I was also very excited when the bath towel fit all the way around me. Before, I don't think even a beach towel would fit around me.
Plus, crossing the legs is awesome. One thing I was very proud of was being able to tie my shoes on the top of the shoes, instead of on the side.

My NSV today is that I got back on track. Total of 1354 cal's today and I'm now heading to the treadmill.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote