3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 03-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #31
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Great Goin' Gals!

Ooooooo! LOVE to read these!!! Congrats everyone! Isn't it great that we can be happy even if the scale doesn't move?!!!

Well, I'm STILL at 201. My body must have found a new best friend weight in 201! Hmmmmm! Maybe it likes ones and zeros! (Remember that I was stuck at 210 for that long while?)

ANYWAY, my jeans felt a bit looser in the waist EVEN AFTER coming straight out of the dryer, SOOOO I decided to measure myself. I have lost another inch in my waist! (Thank you, Turbo Jam and Core Secrets!!!) I thought, "What the heck! I'll measure my OTHER body parts, too. Maybe there's been some change there, too. Sure enough, I lost 1/2 inch in my calves, 1/2 inch in my thighs, 1 inch on my chest, and 1/2 inch in my biceps! That's FIVE more inches of me...GONE!!!!

Now, I gotta tell ya, I think it is very weird that you can lose inches without losing pounds. Yes, I KNOW that when you firm up you tighten up, but doesn't it follow that a WEIGHT CHANGE would go along with it? Don't get me wrong...I am THRILLED to lose the inches, but it just seems weird to me that the pounds don't follow right along.

Can you tell how anxious I am to get to ONEderland?!!!!

Glad to hear of all your successes, guys! I LOVE coming here and reading all the different ways that we are paying attention to our progress! That's SOOOOOOOOOOO important to the overall development of a weight control plan that we can take with us throughout the rest of our life!

Have a great day everyone!

Cheryl
Old 03-03-2007, 12:20 PM   #32

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl14 View Post

Now, I gotta tell ya, I think it is very weird that you can lose inches without losing pounds. Yes, I KNOW that when you firm up you tighten up, but doesn't it follow that a WEIGHT CHANGE would go along with it? Don't get me wrong...I am THRILLED to lose the inches, but it just seems weird to me that the pounds don't follow right along.

Cheryl
I am with you on this but in my experience the inches are going much faster than the pounds. Either way - I'll take it!

My blog (not just weight related): http://allmylifesacircle.wordpress.com/
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:52 AM   #33
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I agree it's weird how the inches go down before the pounds. I was stuck at 200-202 FOREVER!! Or at least it seemed. Just keep doing what your doing and you'll be in ONEderland before you know it. It would be stranger to have the scale move, but the measurements stay the same. That would make me very sad!!

Anyways, my NSV for the day is that even though I've been kind of sick all week, today I got a full workout in.
W24-2.0 W25-0.4 W26NWI W27-6.0 W28-1.2 W29-2.0 W30-2.4 W31NWI W32-6.2 W33+1.2 W34NWI
W35-5.4 W36+1.0 W37-3.6 W38NWI W39-3.4W40NWI W41-1.0 W42-1.4 W43-2.4 W44-1.0 W45-0.0
W46-0.2 W47NWI W48-3.4 W49-2.4 W50NWI W51+0.4 W52-0.4 W53-3.4 W54+0.2 W55-2.2

crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #34

S/C/G: 220/220/110

Height: 5'5

Hi. I just was reading all of your fantastic NSV's and I wanted to say congratulations. I dont have any NSV's yet but I feel very inspired reading all of yours. Thank you for the pick me up and I hope that I soon will be able to add one!
Hope and Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:11 PM   #35

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

My NSV's for this weekend at my sister's house.

1. I stayed on plan for the entire weekend!
2. My sister said she could definitely see I was losing (especially in my face, she said).
3. My parents said I looked really nice but just couldn't put a finger on why. (I haven't mentioned dieting to them... )

St. Patrick's Day goal - MET! Baseball Opening Day (April 2) goal - MET! Memorial Day goal - to be in the "teens" - MET! 36th Birthday goal - below 200 - MET! Labor Day goal - MET! Wedding anniversary goal - MET! Christmas goal - 175 - didn't make this one. Maintaining for now...no new goals at the moment.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:18 PM   #36

S/C/G: 231/219/160

Height: 5'2 "

Any of you out there have issues when someone acknowledges your weight loss? I'd rather that they didn't say anything.I have to fight to not overeat!
jrenzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #37
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

My NSV came today, the kids and I had taken all the cushions off of the couch, built up a mountain in the middle of the living room floor. They were climbing up, bouncing, then jumping on me. Now, my daughter is all bones, knobby knees, pointy elbows, if she lands on you wrong, you'll feel it. Well, it use to be, if she jumped on me, with her knees up, it didn't hurt, she just landed in a pile of cushioney fat. Today she did it, I was laying on my side, those knobby knees came down with her body weight into my hip bone. THAT HURTS!!! But, there' alot less fat there now. YAY

Goal 1: 214 lbs. Met!! Goal 2: 197 lbs. Met!! Goal 3: Keep getting healthy in 2013
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #38
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I had a bunch over the weekend. Lots of compliments and the such. I'l just stick with this one for now.

My youngest daughter, 15 was out with friends Saturday night. My DH and I went to pick her up and we called her cell to tell her we were outside, she didn't pick up so I had to go in and get her. She's in a new school and I've yet to meet a few of her friends and they were there. I knew she would be embarassed by me having to come in and get her, but ummm, she didn't pick up the cell, so tough. I went in. I felt so good, too because I was wearing some new fitted clothing and I was just feeling good. I made nice chit chat with the girls and all was good. Yesterday morning I asked my daughter if I had embarassed her Saturday night. She said, no, not at all. She said she was so proud of me. That she has such a pretty mommy who dresses so well and was so talkative and funny with her new friends. I asked her if she would have been embarassed had I still been so fat. Not sure why I asked her. Anyway, she kinda looked away and refused to answer me. I told her honey, it's okay, I too would have been embarassed if my mom looked the way yours did. She's so good, she's never said anything to me about me embarassing her with my looks. I'm so glad those days are over. She told me later in the day that 1 of the girls texted her to say that her mom (me) is so pretty and funny and cool.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #39
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Ah... Robin that's the best! I remember being embarassed of my Mom at the tender age of 11 - I hate that I felt that way.

Even thought I have no weight loses (or gains) to report for the past two weeks I've noticed that my pants are getting really big. I've only lost 12 lbs.. but holy cow... I'll take it!

My facebook profile

next weight goal:
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #40

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Robin, that is one of the coolest NSV's ever. Congratulations on having such a sweet daughter - but you know, I bet all your kids are that way.

My NSV is being able to get my coveralls on this weekend without STUFFING my fat into them. They zipped right up and I had several inches to play with! (they used to be sooo tight I was afraid the zipper would give way!)

Christmas Gift Goal - 170 pounds (which will be 100 pounds GONE!) - 17 to go!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:03 PM   #41

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

So was it a good weekend ATVing?

St. Patrick's Day goal - MET! Baseball Opening Day (April 2) goal - MET! Memorial Day goal - to be in the "teens" - MET! 36th Birthday goal - below 200 - MET! Labor Day goal - MET! Wedding anniversary goal - MET! Christmas goal - 175 - didn't make this one. Maintaining for now...no new goals at the moment.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #42

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Oh YEAH!!! We had a blast. Took it easy on Friday, but Sat. we rode hard for about 90 miles. I am still sore - but that means I was using muscles that have been lethargic all winter! I stayed on track eating, but it was difficult. (NO fresh salad where we were - no whole wheat bread) that kind of thing. I just stayed within my calories that I knew - and ate things as simple as possible. It was doable, but boy I sure missed my salads! The ATV riding was FANTASTIC! Weather was in the 50's both days. We're going back in 2 weeks for another one.

Christmas Gift Goal - 170 pounds (which will be 100 pounds GONE!) - 17 to go!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #43
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Robin, that is so sweet of your DD. I had a similar NSV on Friday night. DH and I went dancing and looked up and there was my 21 yr. old son beside us with a girl on the dance floor. He beamed up and said Hi to us and just kept on dancing. Wasn't at all embarassed that his parents were there. He actually said it was "cool" that we enjoy stuff like this. Plus he said "mom, you look better than 99% of the girls out there". Now, that about floored me. I'm so glad he isn't ashamed of me. I don't dare ask if he was ashamed before I lost weight, I know I was ashamed.

Today's NSV is that I got my SD and her 2 kids moved out to my MIL's. This really isn't wt. loss related perse but stress-relief for sure, which will in turn help me keep this wt. off.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88618

^^ My new before and current photos! ^^
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #44

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I brought my Girl Guides tubing yesterday & my snow pants easily did up!

My blog (not just weight related): http://allmylifesacircle.wordpress.com/
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #45
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 0"

This is just a small thing, but for me it is a step in the right direction ~ I stopped at the store this morning on the way home from work to return something, and did not buy any snacks while I was there. That was especially an accomplishment for me because we had had a hard night at work, and usually I would have gotten some treat because I had "survived" a bad night.

Nobody can force you to have a certain attitude. But life will go so much better if you will simply choose to be positive. When you wake up, choose to be happy. Choose to be grateful for the day. (Joel Osteen)

glynne is offline   Reply With Quote