3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 03-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #136

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Quadcrew View Post
Lily- that one made me laugh right out loud!! I am right there with you. I think it is great that you run Lisa, but I am not the running type!
That made me laugh too! Especially because I've always felt the same way!! Believe me, I've never been the running type, or even the MOVING type for that matter! I was always last picked for teams in school, the slowest person even when I was a skinny kid, and I never for a second imagined I would run. I always had the idea in the back of my head, though, and I'm glad I listened to it.

lily, I used to have trouble lying on my stomach too, particularly because my breasts and my stomach were large. I still have lots of extra weight in those areas, but it's much more comfortable now. I still can't believe my bones are starting to be prominent! I rub my collarbones and shoulders all the time because I can't believe how they feel!

Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. -- St. Francis of Assisi
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #137
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Lisa, yep my breasts were uncomfortably large too. Size 42DD and a 47 inch waist. Now both my belly and my breasts are pretty darn flat, especially when I lay down. LOL.

Lol, I feel my bones all the time too. Especially my ribs, collarbones and shoulder blades. I love it when DH hugs me and rubs my shoulder blades now. It's just like he got a brand new wifey , LOL.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88618

^^ My new before and current photos! ^^
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:18 PM   #138
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

My NSVs today: TOM showed up this morning, and this is always bad for me (sending me to bed usually on the first day). But, I still was able to do 20 minutes on the treadmill even though I was in such pain. This is a victory for me.

RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #139

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Way to go, Ritzy! That's quite an accomplishment!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #140

Okay, this is an odd one, but makes me feel good --

I haven't lost a lot, but from working out I must have shed quite a few inches, so now our bathroom towels fit around my body and I can tuck it in to cover up!!

Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #141
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitzyFritz View Post
My NSVs today: TOM showed up this morning, and this is always bad for me (sending me to bed usually on the first day). But, I still was able to do 20 minutes on the treadmill even though I was in such pain. This is a victory for me.
I hope you feel much better. It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. I've persisted through the pain also and exercised on the gazelle which I think helped to get me down by 2.2 lbs. this week. I weighed in at my meeting this morning, came home took Tylenol and slept.

Denise

GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:01 PM   #142
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8 2B46 View Post
I hope you feel much better. It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. I've persisted through the pain also and exercised on the gazelle which I think helped to get me down by 2.2 lbs. this week. I weighed in at my meeting this morning, came home took Tylenol and slept.

Denise
Yea...nice to know we aren't alone, huh? I told my husband today that I just hate this. But, the good Lord knew what he was doing so I will endure.

Hope you are feeling better as well! Kudos on the weight loss in spite of the detour!

DANA: Thanks for the pat on the back!

RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:17 PM   #143

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Great to read these, as always!

My NSV for today - my face has changed! I was putting on my makeup this morning before my bible study and noticed that my double chin is almost not there. If I raise my head slightly, it disappears. I looked so much better! I don't look all swollen and puffy...my skin looks soft and healthy....my eyes look awake... I just look different...and better....and younger! No, you couldn't take my headshot and guess I'd weigh 50 lbs less...but from what I looked like at Christmas I'd say BIG improvement!

St. Patrick's Day goal - MET! Baseball Opening Day (April 2) goal - MET! Memorial Day goal - to be in the "teens" - MET! 36th Birthday goal - below 200 - MET! Labor Day goal - MET! Wedding anniversary goal - MET! Christmas goal - 175 - didn't make this one. Maintaining for now...no new goals at the moment.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:11 AM   #144

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Congrats to everyone on these great NSVs! I so enjoy reading this thread, it's quite inspirational.

I had another clothing NSV today - I've been buying clothes at Target to get through the interim weight period, and I ordered a bunch of stuff online, including a few items that I thought I'd fit into when it's closer to summer. Well, the order came today and I tried on one of the summer items - a cute wrap dress in a size medium. Lo and behold, it fits! I'm sure it will look a little nicer when the curves are less pronounced, but I could actually wear it out the door today. Haven't fit in a medium since I was in high school, I think.

Next mini-goal - turning my driver's license weight into the truth!

My Progress Pictures: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118588

My Marathon Report: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...3&postcount=68
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:37 AM   #145
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congrat's everyone on the great NSV's.

My NSV last night, I grabbed a medium t-shirt of my son's to slip on after my shower. It was too big everywhere. Before, I couldn't fit in my DH's large or XL tees.

I took my taxes to my tax lady today. She commented that "you've lost a lot of weight and look fantastic". She hadn't seen me since last April. She said "you look so much healthier and happier". Even though I've been at maintenance for over 8 months now, it still feels great when I run into someone that hasn't seen me in a long time and they mention how I've changed.

royalsfan, Congrat's on the changing face.
Rachel, WTG on the new clothes NSV's.
shelby, WTG on the towel NSV.
Ritzy, WTG on the exercise, even with TOM arriving.
GR8 2B46, WTG on the 2.2 lb. loss and the exercise NSV.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88618

^^ My new before and current photos! ^^
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:23 AM   #146
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

I wish I could reply personally to all of these, they make me so happy when I read them.

This weekend- I actually got on the treadmill with my boyfriend. I jogged and walked intervals, and did exactly what I had planned to do before I got on the treadmill, which made me really happy.

This evening at my boyfriend's parents' house, I was helping wash dishes. DBF's teenage sister came along and did a double take looking at me. Then she said, "Wow, Christine! You're looking so skinny!"

Both of those things felt great.

Overall Goal... for now:
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #147

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the great uplifiting NSV's this morning ladies!! Mine today is another clothing one~ I put on another pair of jeans last night that I have never worn (got them almost 2 years ago in June) and I walked in to the den to show my DD and DH - and DD commented....."Mom, those jeans are almost too big on you!" YEP!! they're too loose and I have never even gotten to wear them!

Christmas Gift Goal - 170 pounds (which will be 100 pounds GONE!) - 17 to go!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #148

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Mrs. Q...That's great!!!

Mine for today is the same reason I'm staying on plan...I'm comfortably wearing jeans I haven't been able to get on for over 3 years!

St. Patrick's Day goal - MET! Baseball Opening Day (April 2) goal - MET! Memorial Day goal - to be in the "teens" - MET! 36th Birthday goal - below 200 - MET! Labor Day goal - MET! Wedding anniversary goal - MET! Christmas goal - 175 - didn't make this one. Maintaining for now...no new goals at the moment.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:00 PM   #149
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I was feeling like I was going to slip today, so I came to this thread to get some motivation. And it worked!

Mrs. Q and Tricia, congrats on your jeans!!!

I have an NSV to share. I got my first, "Are you losing weight?" That really made my day. I don't see it yet, but someone does!!!

SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:01 PM   #150
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh my goodness. Such great NSV's. Tiffany I still remember the first person that asked me that question? It's really special. Congrats to all the others and Lily, nevermind the compliment from the tax lady - although that IS fantastic and feels awfully nice, CONGRATS on taking care of your taxes - something I need to get my butt in gear with.

Giving you all a heads up TMI ALERT:

To put it plain and simple, my hubby can't keep his hands off of me. And no, I don't mean in the bedroom, well I mean BESIDES the bedroom. I'm standing there washing the dishes, I get a back rub. I'm putting away the groceries, he's got his hands on the small of my back, we pass each other in the hallway, he grabs my waist, I go to serve him dinner last night, he kisses my neck and on and on and on. And every single day now he tells me how I'm "growing" new bones. It's funny because he was soooo good, he never mentioned my weight, maybe once or twice but not even in a put down kind of way. And he was always fairly affectionate, but not like this. It is constant. He literally can't see me without touching me or making comments of how beautiful I am. I gotta tell you - it puts a big smile on my face.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote