Old 02-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Another First

OK - we are going riding our ATV's this weekend, which will be my first all weekend ride since my new lifestyle change. We usually ride all day long (pack something on the ATV's for lunch or find a small town to ride into to eat) Breakfast's are easy - I can take my oatmeal (berries will be hard to do though - we'll see on that one) Dinners we eat out usually every night. We'll be in the very southwestern part of WV so I am going to be limited in my choices (no big name restarants - mostly all Mom and Pop places) So - this will be a challenge for me - but you know, I am up for it!! I know I'll be outside exercising (riding my ATV is a workout in the mountains down there!) wish me luck and if you guys have any good ideas for me, just jump in here!

cindy
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I went riding on ATVs in southern MO this past thanks giving... very very hills... it WAS a workout!
Make a homemade healthy trailmix http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chew...s.php?isid=894

See if you can ask for things NOT to be cooked in fat. I know those types of places.. lots of fat in the cooking. Make simple choices.... steamed veggies, plain rice.
Have a pasta dinner... I know it's not always healthy. but probably one of the better choices.
Have a breakfast dinner... scrambled eggs.

Have a wonderful time!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

ps.... my avatar photo was taken while on the ATV.. that's why my face is all red.. but notice that I am smiling!!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

How exciting! Are you and hubby going by yourselves?

My recommendations: I would stick with just meat and vegetables for lunch and dinner. No bread, rice, potatoes or pasta. If possible, salad with dressing on the side would be a good option. And, I would try for roasted or grilled meats and remove the skin if your option is chicken.

It might be impossible to follow your plan to a 'T,' but being prepared and getting all of that exercise will definitely be in your favor. Have fun!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Quick note on the veggies, though....those Mom and Pop joints are NOTORIOUS for cooking veggies with bacon fat. I'd ask before I ordered.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:14 PM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Mrs. Quadcrew: No advice here for you about meals. I just wanted to say "Have a great weekend. Enjoy the exercise, fresh air, and happy times!" Just in the short time I've joined in these chats, I've come to look forward to your words of wisdom and encouragement!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #7  

Thanks for the advice everyone (and the good wishes!!) We ride down there all the time - every chance we get! This time we are going to a brand new system, and I don't know ANYTHING about the places we'll be stopping at for food. Good points on the vegies down there too, they do like bacon fat! We'll be close to Welch/northfork/Ashland ~ I am looking forwad to riding, I LOVE it!! I'll post a link to some pics when we get home. We leave tomorrow afternoon, so I'll stop in and visit before we leave. This is our first trip of '07 -we've got 2 others planned for sure (one back to WV in May and a trip to Utah to ride the Paiute Trails in August) Thank you everyone for being so supportive!!

Cindy
Old 02-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #8  

Height: 5.6

Cindy have fun!! It sounds great!! Aside from taking packable items, I would definitely try to get salads or breakfast for dinner....

Take care, be safe, have a BLAST!!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #9  

I got the ATV's loaded yesterday and tied down on the trailer (by myself, I might add!) since it was supposed to rain all day today. Today I will carry out the gear and load the truck - we'll leave around 5 pm or so. I get a good workout in just getting everything loaded!! I'll be back Monday!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I also have no great words of wisdom. Just wanted to tell you to have a great, fantastic time. You deserve a nice treat after all the hard work you've been doing. I know you will be reaping the benefits this weekend as you are more fit and healthy then in the past. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Can't wait til Monday to hear how it all went.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #11  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Cindy!

Sounds like you guys will have a BLAST!!! Enjoy every moment!

Take some apples, a knife, some peanut butter, strip cheese, some yogurt, water, and some bran crackers and you will be set for anytime you get hungry and there's nothing decent to eat. This stuff goes with me to each track meet because we never know when we'll eat next. I also take it with me when we go out for the day. That way I can be prepared and won't be forced to go off my plan to eat fried foods and sweets. If I start that again regularly I will be off plan permanently. Even a small amount of the fried/sweet stuff sets me into a binge which lasts WAAAAY too long!

Have a GREAT time, and BE CAREFUL!!!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #12  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Cindy, I don't know what ATVs are but I just wanted to say I hope you have a fabulous time!!!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote