3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Two Small Victories Today! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/105902-two-small-victories-today.html)

Cheryl14 02-28-2007 02:36 PM

Two Small Victories Today!

Hi All!

Cheese is my Beloved.
Cheese is my food of choice.
Cheese is my ENEMY!

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Today I had a small victory over cheese, which is a PRIMARY TRIGGER for me, AND I also had a small victory over a bad habit I have always had -nibbling and tasting AS I cook!

I was making homemade macaroni and cheese (my grandma's recipe) and had to grate cheddar cheese, one of my favorite cheeses. In the past I would have eaten several big chunks for every chunk I grated! Well, folks, I had NONE while I was grating it. I had NONE while I was assembling the pan of macaroni and evaporated milk and eggs and Tabasco Sauce WITH the grated cheese! Even when I was cleaning up the area and putting the cheese back into its nice package I did NOT eat any!

I kept telling myself that I had allotted enough calories to have a very reasonably-sized piece for my dinner along with a good-sized salad with fresh lettuce and spinach and cut carrots and red onions. I was NOT to eat before dinner because I had had a yogurt for my snack just a few minutes before.

I am REALLY proud that I was able to do this, guys! I don't think I have ever felt so in control of myself before in front of MY MAJOR TRIGGER FOOD!

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Cheryl-1
cheese-0 Woo! Hoo!

Cheryl

royalsfan1 02-28-2007 02:40 PM

Fabulous! You should feel great!

Slashnl 02-28-2007 03:17 PM

Ha! Had to laugh at that one. I do that too. Grate the cheese, but there is a chunk left and you don't want to grate your fingers so I pop it into my mouth. Think about the nonthinking calories we get!

cytheria21 02-28-2007 04:28 PM

Good job!!!

LakeGirl 02-28-2007 04:35 PM

You should be proud! It's all the little challenges that we surpass that make up the big challenge which is weight loss!

Way to go!

jtammy 02-28-2007 04:54 PM

Yay Cheryl. I love cheese too. Good for you for staying strong.

Katy05 02-28-2007 05:21 PM

The cheese stands alone! That's awesome, good job!

rockinrobin 02-28-2007 05:41 PM

WAY TO GO CHERYL!!!! You must be so proud of yourself. I'm sure proud of you. I too was a huge nibbler during preparation for cooking. Just huge. I have cut down greatly, almost nil in fact. But of course the things I am preparing are so healthy now it's not that big a deal, say when I'm cutting up veggies for a stir fry or salad. But cheese, I could see where that could become a problem for me - but not you apparently. Great job.