3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Clothing issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/105867-clothing-issues.html)

royalsfan1 02-28-2007 09:50 AM

Clothing issues

Ok, I just have to vent for a moment and then I'll try and get back to positive thoughts. I hate my shape!!! I'm not just talking about being fat...I'm talking about the shape of my body and where my weight goes. I just hate the fact that my middle is so freaking huge that I have to where a 26 pant and they SWIM around my butt and legs! My extremities actually look pretty good....but my middle, oh, my middle. I read all these posts about people who weigh the same as or more than me and wear smaller sizes and I'm so jealous!

Ok, that's it...I'm finished. :D

bizlawchik 02-28-2007 10:10 AM

You're preaching to the choir! I was always someone who gained "all around" and even envied those with a little pooch that could be hid with a shirt and then had great legs. Now, since the c-section 3 years ago, it seems all of my weight settled in that area between my scar and my navel. UGH! I hate wearing bigger clothes too just because of that!

djs06 02-28-2007 10:12 AM

I hear you.... I have the flattest butt ever, even though it's wide. Most pants look ridiculous on me.

Mrs Quadcrew 02-28-2007 10:51 AM

I know my tummy will never be what it was before. I had an emergency C-section in 1991, and was cut vertically from just below the belly button to you know where. (48 staples) But you know, I am ok with that. It is proof that my Son existed and I gave a part of me to try to save him. I'm gonna do the best I can to get the flab gone, and what is left will be just fine. It'll be a reminder to me of what USED to be!

meowee 02-28-2007 10:52 AM

Oh I am so with you . . . I've lost 50 pounds; almost 8 inches off my hips and only a little miserable 2 inches off my waist . . . my pants are so baggy in the butt and legs, I'm thinking about trying to take them in. :mad:

In my case, the insulin injections don't help. They are famous for growing your middle. Also booked for a hysterectomy to get rid of a gigantic uterine fibroid. Hope that will improve matters a little.

Hang in there . . . the body loses when and where it wants to . . . and that seldom seems to be the way we'd like it to. :dizzy:

rockinrobin 02-28-2007 11:17 AM

Okay, I am the exact opposite. I have lost a ton in my middle and have almost, dare I say a tiny waist. My legs are atrocious. Just awful and tree trunk like.

We gotta deal with what we've been given, hard as it. I will never, ever have slender legs. I try to accentuate what I think is my best feature, my waist by wearing fitted shirts. But I will never be able to wear shorts or short skirts, I'm still living in long skirts. I haven't put on a pair of jeans in years. I'm almost getting ready to, but I just don't know. I look horrible in them.

Meowee, I also was just diagnosed with a huge gigantic fibroid and was told to have a hysterectomy, but I think I'm gonna wait on it a bit. I've been putting off the call back to the doctor to discuss it again. Just curious if you don't mind, how did you come to the decision to have the hysterectomy?

NESunshine 02-28-2007 11:24 AM

oh girl i hear you....I seem to be losing from everywhere but where I most want it to go...my legs, but and boobs...while my hips are still in need of their own parking space. I mean I could suck it into a 14-16 if I wanted to and my butb and legs wouldn't swim but it's just push up the hip/stomach fat into an unnecessary muffin top...but then I go to an 18 and though my hips and waist are comfy I look like I'm wearing clown pants.
ha. its an ever going battle! Have you though about maybe having your pants tailored?

boaterswife 02-28-2007 11:49 AM

Oh, the c-section thing. I had both of my kiddos c-section by necessity, and while I wouldn't give them up, you're right...that section between the naval and the scar is my biggest problem. Unfortuneately I don't expect that situation to improve much, even when I do get to goal, but here's to hoping, anyway!

Angihas2 02-28-2007 01:14 PM

OK, I got really lucky with my csections. I had both kids at UCLA, and had excellent surgeons, my scars look more like someone drug their nail over dry skin. And considering I don't even wear panties that low, noone but me and Matt will ever see them, although I am thinking about having some dancing fairies tattooed over it.

My worst area is also the area from below the belly button. My thighs are 22.5"'s around, my waist has lost 5 inches, 8 inches from my hips, I've lost 50 POUNDS and still wear a size 18!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!! However, I am losing meat apron, slowly but surely, it's rising up. I can see more of my lap, I discovered a freckle on my upper thigh I never knew or forgot I had. I thought it was a tumor, until Matt says, "It's a freckle you idiot". So, things are changing. I've lost most of my weight, in my legs, arms, back, sides of boobs and from under the boobs to the top of my navel, but it is all going. Just takes time ladies<and gents>, just takes time.

royalsfan1 02-28-2007 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angihas2 (Post 1591118)
I discovered a freckle on my upper thigh I never knew or forgot I had. I thought it was a tumor, until Matt says, "It's a freckle you idiot".

Ok, I spit water on that laugh!!!!

NotTheCheat 02-28-2007 01:26 PM

Linda and Robin - I had a fairly large fibroid (over 8cm round) and got a UAE (uterine artery embolization) back in June. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it. When I first heard about it, it sounded pretty weird, but so far so good. I haven't gone back for my follow up MRI, but I am pretty sure it is gone since my cycles have gone back to normal (OMG - what a difference!).

CyberGypsy 02-28-2007 04:16 PM

Belly fat is my downfall, even after all the weight i still have a belly

bizlawchik 02-28-2007 04:40 PM

Can I ask a question to other c-section moms out there: When you lose the weight, do you still have the "foldover pooch" (sorry, but didn't know how else to describe it)? I know it's definitely less, but it still folds over. I'll take the pooch, but the foldover thing is really yucky to me.

As for my scar, it's really nothing either! I will never be wearing a bathing suit that would show that even if I were 98lbs!

GirlyGirlSebas 02-28-2007 04:51 PM

Oh my...I don't mind that scar, but that hanging fold over is absolutely the worst! Although I have been overweight since I was 9, I always had a flat tummy. Now, I've had four abdominal surgeries...a fibroid removal, 2 c-sections and a hysterectomy.....I don't think my stomach will ever be flat again, but I sure hope it doesn't still fold over! Does it go away with weight loss? I don't care if there is a pouch...just no hanging, please!

meowee 02-28-2007 08:50 PM

ROBIN . . . :hug:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Anyway, in answer to your question . . . don't know whether you happened to glance at my profile or not . . . at my age (just turned 64) I am definitely not worried about (a) preserving my fertility or (b) going through early menopause. Both of those are definitely well behind me already.

After you get away from both of those as problems, hysterectomy is probably the easiest, cleanest, safest answer. Although I have to admit, because of my diabetes, I am a little worried about the long recovery time. Diabetics are definitely not fast healers. My fibroid is too big to be removed other than through abdominal surgery (Gyn described it as being as big as a 6 month fetus). So that means a longer recovery time than if it could be done vaginally.

Anyway, my surgery is scheduled for June 7 and in the meantime . . . just to keep life interesting . . . wouldn't want to get bored or anything . . . I'm also about to have cataract surgery (left eye at end of March; right eye in early May) but those procedures are done under local so hve to be considered realtively minor in comparison.

So my most pressing question now is -- wonder how much the fibroid and uterus combined will weigh. Afraid I didn't have the nerve to ask the Gyn that little question. :o You know you are serious about losing weight when that's the first thing that pops into your mind. :D

Have a great moving and shaking evening, girls . . . see you soon. :carrot: