Old 02-28-2007, 11:21 PM   #31  
Losin' it forever!

Kae, I am so terribly sorry!

I guess the rule is that we can't change what people think/say/do to us...all we can change is how we react to it.

This reminded me of a time in high school. There was this guy, Randy, that I really liked and we were both in drama together and were really good friends. We had English together and one day we had a substitute and of course, you know how kids love to treat a substitute. I was shocked to see that Randy was one of the people being really out of line, and I commented on it (it was kind of a class free for all at that moment) and he looked at me and said in front of everyone, "Why don't you stay out of it, you fat pig?"

I was crushed. He apologized for it later, but you just can't take something like that back. It doesn't go away.

Keep plugging away at your weight loss, Kae and be careful not to turn what you're doing into a "I'll show her" thing. You do what you are doing for you! No one else!

LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote